X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state of hockey
    replied
    Re: Your best Ref digs...

A Minnesota trombone always plays a snippet of "If I only had a brain." whenever the officials skate out, originally followed by a sousaphone playing three descending tones a la "Three Blind Mice". Now, the sousaphone plays four.

It wasn't a chant, but I laughed until I cried when Goldy once came out onto the ice after the Zambonis left during the second intermission with a ref shirt on, his head on backwards, and using his stick as a cane. Goldy was promptly suspended by the WCHA.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied
    Re: Your best Ref digs...

I really like the ref part of the beer song that the Tech student section sings!

Leave a comment:

• toehimp
    started a topic Your best Ref digs...

Your best Ref digs...

Hey all,

was at tDECC over the weekend to see the fine product that Daddy Shep is putting on the ice. As usual, the refs sucked and the fans and players payed the price. But, I did get to hear the students bring out and dust off that old-time favorite - "The ref beats his wife!!!"... brought me back to a different non-PC time. So I ask this:

What are the best all-time chants aimed at the officiating???

Stev

P.S. I remember when the organ player at tDECC would play "three blind mice" when the refs blew a call. That was the best!!!!
Working...
X