X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2014-15

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    Well it appears CR will have an RPI guy well on the affiliate list. Somehow Cedar Rapids acquired Austin Cho

http://www.ushl.com/userfiles/files/...st_9-23-14.pdf
    They also have Jacob Hayhurst from the draft. It would be good if the two played there together next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looking through the lists which herbst30 posted, Manley was also released by Waterloo.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

USHL Protected lists have now come out. Manley is not on Waterloos Roster nor is Fornaris on Cedar Rapids. Of note; Austin Cho is being listed on CR Affiliate List. I’ll try and find out from yeti if a trade was made.... http://www.ushl.com/userfiles/files/...st_9-23-14.pdf
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Fornaris is heading to Topeka of the NAHL

Comment

Thanks Scott. How did CR end up with Cho? BTW, he was an affiliate of Lincoln not SC (saw your tweets w/russbites)
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ya I got that wrong. He was acquired for Future considerations is what I am told

Comment

I notice on Topeka’s website they have both the Roughriders & Mad. Caps in their heading. Are they affiliated?

Comment

I believe Cedar Rapids is. Scott Langer (head coach of Topeka) is/was a scout for Cedar Rapids as well

Comment

Well it appears CR will have an RPI guy well on the affiliate list. Somehow Cedar Rapids acquired Austin Cho

http://www.ushl.com/userfiles/files/...st_9-23-14.pdf
                    Seems to me there might be more to this trade than just Lincoln receiving a Futures pick. Without getting into too much, Jon Hull GM of Lincoln, had high praise for Cho’s game. Saw him as a dominate D-man in the U. He was also surprised Lincoln’s former GM took Praps when most felt he wasn’t going to play in the U. Is Cho now seriously considering the OHL (Saulte Ste. Marie) or will we see him in Troy earlier then anticipated?

Comment

Although strong players can certainly come from many leagues, how concerned should we be that two of our longest standing recruits failed to make an opening day USHL roster (and another left for the BCHL) the season before they are supposedly going to arrive in Troy?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        Although strong players can certainly come from many leagues, how concerned should we be that two of our longest standing recruits failed to make an opening day USHL roster (and another left for the BCHL) the season before they are supposedly going to arrive in Troy?
                        IMO, I’m not overally concerned. Certainly right now it appears both players have not progressed. Tironese on the other hand will be a solid player on the D1 level, I have no doubts about that.

Comment

Thanks.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Seems to me there might be more to this trade than just Lincoln receiving a Futures pick. Without getting into too much, Jon Hull GM of Lincoln, had high praise for Cho’s game. Saw him as a dominate D-man in the U. He was also surprised Lincoln’s former GM took Praps when most felt he wasn’t going to play in the U. Is Cho now seriously considering the OHL (Saulte Ste. Marie) or will we see him in Troy earlier then anticipated?
                            Maybe after Reno and Prapavessis, Lincoln was sick of RPI dmen not showing up. ;-)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                              As turk said, I am not concerned about Tironese. As far as Fornaris and Manley, a question is how much scholarship money will be tied up with them. If they are recruited walkons, it is not nearly as much of a concern as if they are on full scholarships.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Anything is possible, but IMO the fact that he is still at St. Andrews makes me think that the OHL is less likely. Coming to RPI early is possible especially given the performance of Manley and Moore, but probably not that either.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X