The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

We are under two months until the college hockey season starts and our old thread has been locked.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...ng-tv-contract

Thought I'd get discussion going from an article on the exclusivity deal within the TV contract of the NCHC. UND was hurt the most out of all, because they couldn't broadcast their games on Fox College Sports nationally.

Commissioner Fenton is working on changing that so teams can broadcast individual games on their own. It also says he is working on trying to get a league streaming package (exactly like the WCHA) but has roadblocks with individual school contracts with streaming providers.

How is this a problem for the NCHC when the same issues (presumably) figured out for the WCHA?

Coming from a UMD perspective, the national tv deal didn't change much. UMD had about the same number of nationally televised games as years past. But perhaps it could lead to more games on FSN or other stations. Time will tell.

As for league predictions...I really don't have a clue who is going to win.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

KAW!!!!

Also send me $125. Thank You.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right
      The line forms behind me for the NCHC beat-down...
      http://youtu.be/i0GW0Vnr9Yc

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

NCHC has a streaming package. Only 82 bucks for all the games for all teams. Not too bad. They couldnt work out a deal with DU but besides road games against them in Denver who cares?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

DU doesn't want to revenue share with other teams - what a shocker.

I hope the WCHA feels the competition and drops their price. Their price last year wasn't any more than taking one road trip, but now really seems spendy compared to this pricing.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            NCHC has a streaming package. Only 82 bucks for all the games for all teams. Not too bad. They couldnt work out a deal with DU but besides road games against them in Denver who cares?
            Probably a good idea. DU doesn't want anyone to see their half full, unless they are playing UND, arena with vacant student section.
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              DU doesn't want to revenue share with other teams - what a shocker.
              Ryan J
              DU had signed a new agreement for streaming prior to the nchc getting all schools to Neulion.

Comment

So for those who have watched thru Neulion before, how has the quality been? I've ordered tUMD package on America One the past few years and it was good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                  So for those who have watched thru Neulion before, how has the quality been? I've ordered tUMD package on America One the past few years and it was good enough.
                  DU had been on neulion for a while, now signed with CBS, the quality is good as long as the cameras are hd. In the end it's up to the schools to produce the video, I never had a problem with the service itself.

Chromecast or some other device that enables pushing a vid to a tv is essential. I've never had much luck w/ airplay to an appletv, and I have no experience w/ roku, but i have an old boxee that has a browser, that worked fine. I hear chromecast is the best option.

We'll see!
                  r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                    DU had been on neulion for a while, now signed with CBS, the quality is good as long as the cameras are hd. In the end it's up to the schools to produce the video, I never had a problem with the service itself.

Chromecast or some other device that enables pushing a vid to a tv is essential. I've never had much luck w/ airplay to an appletv, and I have no experience w/ roku, but i have an old boxee that has a browser, that worked fine. I hear chromecast is the best option.

We'll see!
                    r
                    Last year I used an HDMI cable from my laptop to HDTV and the quality with Neulion was very good and in HD. DU switched over to HD broadcast equipment last year. So far this year the free things I have watched that come through CBSi are an even better quality. Being that the NCHC has their TV contract with CBS Sports I am kind of surprised they didn't go with CBSi.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                      UMD's is usually pretty bad. They have HD cameras but don't broadcast in it. I've always heard the feed was bad.

Also I saw that Schlossman tweeted that the exclusivity contract with CBSSN will no longer be true. UND was the only school that that negatively affected.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

I refuse to wait in line to say how much I hate the NCHC.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                          I refuse to wait in line to say how much I hate the NCHC.
                          So you won't put in any effort at all, just like your hockey team. Which is exactly why they weren't invited to the awesomeness that is the NCHC. Enjoy your crap league of lazy losers!
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            So you won't put in any effort at all, just like your hockey team. Which is exactly why they weren't invited to the awesomeness that is the NCHC. Enjoy your crap league of lazy losers!
                            I don't decline the work, just refuse to wait in line to do it.
                            I hate you and your entire greedy, elitist, holier-than-thou conference.
                            I hope you all gag on your own puke, and that you, personally, get sentenced to 40 hours of community service to be served covering up all of Ralph's abusive logos with duct tape.
                            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                              I don't decline the work, just refuse to wait in line to do it.
                              I hate you and your entire greedy, elitist, holier-than-thou conference.
                              I hope you all gag on your own puke, and that you, personally, get sentenced to 40 hours of community service to be served covering up all of Ralph's abusive logos with duct tape.
                              Yes, you're incredibly lazy.
                              But we are better than you, so really what's the problem?
                              40 hours, hell 400 hours, of community service in REA sounds infinitely better than having to spend even 1 second in BGSU Ice Arena.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X