Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Ever see the commercial that says, 300000 NCAA div 1 athgletes and less then 1% go pro afterwards? Awful shortsigted to go to an iferior school for a few more wins and spend the next 45 years paying for it....

The college guides can tell you something about Providence College. For example, U.S. News has ranked Providence College as one of the top two master’s level colleges and universities in the North for twelve consecutive years. (The 574 universities in this category offer a full range of undergraduate and master’s level programs and are ranked within four geographic regions.)

In the 2010 edition of U.S. News’ America’s Best Colleges:

Providence ranked #2 among master’s level universities in the North region.
    PC’s 87% average graduation rate is the highest among 574 master’s level universities nationwide.
    Providence's average freshmen retention rate of 92% ranks it among the top five schools nationally in its designated category.
    The College is ranked among the top ten schools in the “Great Schools, Great Prices” category -- which relates academic quality to the net cost of attendance – among master’s level colleges and universities in the North.
    But these accolades, though instructive, provide just one small glimpse of the Providence College experience. Like any dynamic community, PC is greater by far than the simple sum of all its interesting parts.

Yup great reasons to go to PC.

Tim Army is coach.

1. reason not to go.
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      We're too negative. We should be ecstatic about PC hockey because of the events of the War of 1812.

You have figured out the (il)logic!
      Providence College
      National Champions

Comment

Excuse me guys, we're trying to talk tournament and pairwise rankings here. Please come back after the Frozen Four.

Thank You

Last edited by GoUNH; 03-13-2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: Nunya

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          At the end of the day, you live in Holden Maine. A town I am all to familiar with and a system that is slightly below a GED. Hooked on Phonics is an AP course there
          Hmmm, PC91 went down this road and got banned! Can we (PLEASE!) get that lucky?
          Providence College
          National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            Excuse me guys, we're trying to talk tournament and pairwise rankings here. Please come back after the Frozen Four.

Thank You

Be careful, you post in this thread you run the risk of carrying the parasite Hokydad back to your thread and infecting it!
            Providence College
            National Champions

Comment

I'm on these boards on a sat afternoon and I have many friends. I'm actually bored on my way to Orono. Also like to Thank the freds for the tip about the abbey that's a pretty sweet bar, good food. Also just a short walk to the arena with a packy an the way.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                I'm on these boards on a sat afternoon and I have many friends. I'm actually bored on my way to Orono. Also like to Thank the freds for the tip about the abbey that's a pretty sweet bar, good food. Also just a short walk to the arena with a packy an the way.
                Have a great time! May the best team win.

Comment

@ UML i wasn't referring to you or anyone...clearly you support a team and have a vested interest in umass. hokydad just picks fights like a 15 year old girl and doesn't support anyone. so jealous you're going to orono tonight! i love alfond. have fun.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                  X