X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Does anyone know, are the games sold out yet or are there still tickets?
    Either call OSU's ticket office at 614-292-2624 or ticketmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that the amount of bleacher space set aside for each person has been nudged up slightly -- which would have the effect of reducing capacity.
      Since it's all open seating with no numbered seats it's however big you butt is, that's your seat. Just be grateful they aren't numbered and the width of the assigned seats in the Horseshoe. They used Twiggy as the template for who could fit in those.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Since it's all open seating with no numbered seats it's however big you butt is, that's your seat.
        I know. But they had to use some sort of a "space per person" number to determine the maximum capacity. It's my belief that 21st Century butt sizes were taken into account when setting that number.

Just be grateful they aren't numbered and the width of the assigned seats in the Horseshoe. They used Twiggy as the template for who could fit in those.
        Agreed!

Comment

• Committing to be fit

I know. But they had to use some sort of a "space per person" number to determine the maximum capacity. It's my belief that 21st Century butt sizes were taken into account when setting that number.
          If they did, in 2002 Columbus ranked as the 6th fattest city in the US.

Sooooo, there should be plenty of room for all of us.

Comment

Let's go " BUCKEYES " . I want another shot at taking Miami down again in round two.

Give me three games like the team played in there last game of the season and we should move forward this weekend.

" GO BUCKS GO. "

PS. Thanks to Buckeye Vision the games will be shown live this weekend. " KUDOS " to the crew at Buckeye Vision.
            Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 03-05-2010, 10:27 AM. Reason: Add Info.
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Playoff revenue funds league operations. I imagine the host school is allowed to cover some expenses. But my understanding is that the "profit" goes to the league. For that reason I doubt OSU had the option to let students in for free.
              You are correct. NMU charges $5 per student ticket for the playoffs while tickets are free (covered by a student fee) during the regular season.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

This really stinks, couldn't make the game as I was nursing a fever since yesterday. At least I heard we won.

Comment

not the prettiest game ever but any win this time of year is a good win. The ice was terrible all night long. I dont know how many times the puck bounced over someone's stick. Dusty came up big on that 5 on 3 and made some key saves when it was 2-1 as well. As in most playoff series goaltending and Special teams normally decide the series and ohio state had the edge in both areas tonight(at least the penalty kill) IMO.

Tomorrow i would like to see them win some more of those 1 on 1 battles in the corners ND controled those IMO for the most part tonight. Halfway to mami 1 more to get tomorrow. Rest up fellas get a good night's sleep and come out firing tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                    Let's go " BUCKEYES " . I want another shot at taking Miami down again in round two.

Its been a year since you took us down

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      not the prettiest game ever but any win this time of year is a good win.
                      My thoughts exactly. The 9-10-11 line looked good all night.
                      UM beat LSSU

GO LAKERS

Comment

FYI: I overheard that Fri/Sat games were/are sold out. If there is a Sun game, tix will be sold @ door except for the season tix holders who already have theirs.

BTW: offical ceiling shot count for Fri game was five.
                        sigpic
                        Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Final From Friday, March 5th
                          Ohio State 3
                          Notre Dame 1
                          (Buckeyes Lead Best-of-Three Series 1-0)

Over on the Women's Hockey Board, I've been doing an unofficial three stars list for Buckeye home games. The Women's WCHA doesn't routinely select stars of the game, so I thought of those posts as filling something of a void. I've certainly had some fun with it, and have gotten some nice feedback on the selections.

The Men's CCHA, of course, has the Perani Cup Three Stars of the Game. So that function is usually covered. There's no need to go into competition with the official list, except that the Perani Cup is for the regular season only. So I thought I'd fill this void as well, if only for one weekend:

Three Stars of the Game: Decidedly Unofficial and Just For Fun

#3 Star: Zac Dalpe, Ohio State
                          With under 5:00 minutes to go in regulation time, Dalpe scored a huge insurance goal to give the Buckeyes some breathing room. After leaving the defense in his wake, Zac calmly deposited the puck in the upper right hand corner. Kudos also to Peter Boyd for springing Dalpe on the play.

#2 Star: Dusty Carlson, Ohio State
                          Carlson turned in a very solid game in the nets, turning aside 34 Irish shots and allowing just a single goal. Consistently in position and swallowing up potential rebounds, Dusty frustrated the ND shooters. I can't take credit for the best description; I overhead someone say that Dusty was a "puck magnet" tonight. Right on the money.

#1 Star: Mathieu Picard, Ohio State
                          Picard should really share this honor his linemates. The determined third line got the start, and had plenty of jump all night long. Actually, I'm sure Mathieu would have no problem sharing the honor. But when you set the tone with the first goal of the game, then find the back of the net with the GWG, the honor is yours.

Please feel free to quarrel with the choices.

The series resumes Saturday night at 7:05 P.M. at the OSU Ice Rink.

Comment

Working...
                          X