X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Who was reffing last night? I couldn't believe our misfortune last week of having both Wilkins and Sheggos on the ice at the same time. There weren't as many blatant calls against us that they usually call but rather a lot of non-calls against Alaska. Watching them over the years I could never get an impression other than they don't like us. They've been pretty tight with Piotrowski who always disliked Markell and put the screws to us every chance he got.
    read below same thing applies to this post, officials could care less who the teams are and don't favor teams. Its inappropriate to make that assumption. Until you can get out and do it yourself, no one should ride these guys for what they do.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

hey bucks... anyone got a link to the osu radio stream? miami doesn't have a free feed. i know its 2.99 on btn online, just lookin for audio too.

Comment

nevermind. just found it.

Comment

WOW! What a game!!

Comment

Sounded like a good game. Got home to hear the last couple of minutes of ot and the shootout. Good comeback game and it lays the foundation for a playoff series if these 2 teams should meet in 2 weeks. Now on to ND that makes me want to come down from toledo to see this series should be a good one. Like i said earlier in this thread ND scares me they proved it tonight beating michigan. Tickets are going to be hard for me to get if i come down.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              read below same thing applies to this post, officials could care less who the teams are and don't favor teams. Its inappropriate to make that assumption. Until you can get out and do it yourself, no one should ride these guys for what they do.
              I watched Piotrowski for years and he was VERY biased on the ice. He would officiate most of Michigan's playoff and championship games and would play golf all summer with Red so don't tell me they don't favor, some definitely do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I watched Piotrowski for years and he was VERY biased on the ice. He would officiate most of Michigan's playoff and championship games and would play golf all summer with Red so don't tell me they don't favor, some definitely do.
                I know PIO personally and they don't, shegoes went to michigan and he is one of the best officials in the country. Think what you want, but you couldn't be farther from the truth.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Current #1 Denver and former #1 Redhawks have each suffered shutouts only once this season. Denver SO= OSU first win of the regular season. Miami SO=last win of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                    Current #1 Denver and former #1 Redhawks have each suffered shutouts only once this season. Denver SO= OSU first win of the regular season. Miami SO=last tie of the regular season.

Comment

I know PIO personally and they don't, shegoes went to michigan and he is one of the best officials in the country. Think what you want, but you couldn't be farther from the truth.
                      Then he plain stinks. When the Frozen Four was here he wasn't 10 feet away looking straight at it when a Minnesota kid crossed checked a North Dakota player in the throat dropping him to the ice hardly able to breath - no call.
                      He was on the ice in another Frozen Four with Minnesota and Maine. Overtime and a power play for Minnesota and the puck was cleared up ice and the Minnesota goaltender threw an elbow into the head of a Maine player who followed the puck up ice causing him to crash into the boards so before he could recover it's 5 on 3 and no call. Minnesota scores and are national champions. YOU think what you want - he's crooked and nothing will ever change my mind because there's other things I know but best not to say on open forum.

Comment

c'mon doc you got to be kidding me with that. Referee's don't call games based on scoreboards or any of the other crap people think. Ref's were a non factor last night and there was no need for them to be it was a clean up tempo game. I would love to see people who knock these officials get out there and try and do it....
                        To speak to your questions pinch and rehawkman, I have re*** games and before you say it no not at the college level, but AAA midgets and below. I will stand by what I saw watching the game on TV and some of the calls that went against Miami were based upon them being way up on the scoreboard. Ticky tack calls or one where if the score was close both players would have been taken...I'm just stating my opinion on what I saw. No big deal and it didn't have an impact on the game.

Comment

horribly dissapointing season, but a great great game to finish it. Carlson was flat out phenomenal tonight and his teammates should thank him. 40 saves couting the shootout... congrats Dusty that was one of the best games I've ever seen you play here.

And it was sure nice that all those redhawk fans had little to cheer about.

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
                            I beleive Filion was also a part of that class....and to the best of my knowledge Montgomery has never been to the ECHL...only an up and down between Jrs- AHL
                            I thought Montgomery had a cup o coffee in the ECHL, you're right, never made it there. Maybe he should have stayed in school. Think he was needed on the blue line this year?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              Just checked the ohsaa site the state wrestling is next weekend so they will have to play in the barn.
                              Just checked it again myself. I checked there yesterday and it listed the regionals as March 4-6. (Yes, I checked it twice) Checked it just now and they list the state tourney as March 4-6.

Oh well, maybe they can help Markell clean out his office.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                                Like i said earlier in this thread ND scares me they proved it tonight beating michigan. Tickets are going to be hard for me to get if i come down.
                                UM 5'7" 160 lb goalie was making his first start of his college career. Looks like ND shook him. Hogan in net may have been a different story. LSSU may get a shot at him in first round.
                                GO LAKERS

Comment

Working...
                                X