This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Fight hard and earn 1 point should be inspiration enough to ensure they don't have to travel to the UP next WE.
    LSSU wanting to travel out of the UP next WE should be inspiration enough for the Lakers to play dead.

Comment

Any firsthand accounts of the game last night? TV was ok but the announcers were brutal and you don't always get a feel for how the game is being played.

Comment

Originally posted by HckyDoc View Post
        Any firsthand accounts of the game last night? TV was ok but the announcers were brutal and you don't always get a feel for how the game is being played.

All I can say is we got " SPANKED. "

" GO BUCKS , GONE. "

PS. Coach called me and asked how he should play the next game on Saturday Night , and I told him " DON'T SHOW UP. "
        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

From watching on tv i thought they played a really good first period on the road not many mistakes not much offense either but the score was where you want it to be. IMO it started to go south right after they tied it miami won a battle in the corner guys is allowed to skate off the boards and Flokes lets the guy get behind him for a easy tap in. I dont know if you can blame dusty much the defense didnt give him much help. I think they played hard up until the 3rd goal which went off sims hand they the hawks smelled blood and turned up the heat and took over. At that point the bucks folded heads went down feeling sorry for themselves. 1 point tonight gets 8th place and a date in the barn next weekend with Lake St. Suck it up and go get the hawks tonight and show then a 2nd round series wont be just 2 games of practice for them.

Comment

Another night of uninspired play. The Buckeyes played an ok first period, not really pressuring the Hawks, but were able to keep the game at 0's. The second period saw Miami make adjustments(coaching) and then a total breakdown in the defensive zone for the next 20 minutes. The 3rd period saw the Bucks get a little life back in their step along with a couple of big saves by Heeter, but the Hawks dialed it back some too. Once again too many dumb offensive zone penalties.
            Eh, I think you only had 4 penalties for 8 minutes. Miami with 6 for 12. Refs just let em play last night.

Comment

And yea thats what you get when Starman comes to town. He's pretty bad.

That first goal by Miele was a beauty, wound up being on the top ten plays (#7) on sports center this morning. Other than that Miami looked lost at times, probably because a couple players dressed who haven't been and messed with chemistry. Shouldn't expect to see them in the lineup tonight I wouldn't think.

I can't believe the bucks only have 1 senior, thats crazy. Going to be the most awkward pre-grame senior night for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                If Markell's gone and Dalpe wants to leave because of it I feel he would only be shooting himself in the foot as He'd be missing out on being part of something bigger and better than he's yet experience in his hockey career. RJ left early too and it backfired initially big time on what he thought he was going to do right out of college. With rare exception those who wanted to go pro did better staying the whole 4 years.
                Dalpe is far more ready at this point than RJ was. Dalpe was the only guy last night that took it too Miami, he created so many opportunities for Bishop and himself.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Eh, I think you only had 4 penalties for 8 minutes. Miami with 6 for 12. Refs just let em play last night.
                  Yeah it wasn't a penalty laden game and I wasn't there to see it...but I bet the ref's did their usual and called the game based upon the scoreboard. You cannot be happy when two of those penalties were by an asst. captain and both were committed in the offensive zone.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    I can't believe the bucks only have 1 senior, thats crazy. Going to be the most awkward pre-grame senior night for him.
                    Recruiting class only had three. Montgomery told Markell on a bus ride home, right after a game against Miami, that he had just received an offer to go pro and just couldn't pass up the money being thrown at him by the London Knights. He has bounced around in the ECHL and the AHL. The other signee, Joe Palmer, a Chicago draftee, signed last off season and is now in the CHL in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      Dalpe is far more ready at this point than RJ was. Dalpe was the only guy last night that took it too Miami, he created so many opportunities for Bishop and himself.
                      When RJ was here he never gave 100% all through a game. He'd usually turn it up late in a game and sometimes it paid off, sometimes it was too little too late. It actually helped team chemistry that he left when he did and we won the Super 6 the next season. There was resentment in the ranks because being Markell's pet RJ got away with things his teammates were being disciplined for.

Comment

Yeah it wasn't a penalty laden game and I wasn't there to see it...but I bet the ref's did their usual and called the game based upon the scoreboard. You cannot be happy when two of those penalties were by an asst. captain and both were committed in the offensive zone.
                        Who was reffing last night? I couldn't believe our misfortune last week of having both Wilkins and Sheggos on the ice at the same time. There weren't as many blatant calls against us that they usually call but rather a lot of non-calls against Alaska. Watching them over the years I could never get an impression other than they don't like us. They've been pretty tight with Piotrowski who always disliked Markell and put the screws to us every chance he got.

Comment

Northern tied for 15th in the PWR. So a win tonight would be a double bonus because for better status in the CCHA.

Comment

Did you see the game?...I saw your review of it, but then I read this...or was the review based on the boxscore?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                              Recruiting class only had three. Montgomery told Markell on a bus ride home, right after a game against Miami, that he had just received an offer to go pro and just couldn't pass up the money being thrown at him by the London Knights. He has bounced around in the ECHL and the AHL. The other signee, Joe Palmer, a Chicago draftee, signed last off season and is now in the CHL in Texas.
                              I beleive Filion was also a part of that class....and to the best of my knowledge Montgomery has never been to the ECHL...only an up and down between Jrs- AHL

Comment

c'mon doc you got to be kidding me with that. Referee's don't call games based on scoreboards or any of the other crap people think. Ref's were a non factor last night and there was no need for them to be it was a clean up tempo game. I would love to see people who knock these officials get out there and try and do it....
                                Last edited by redhawkman10; 02-27-2010, 06:04 PM.
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X