X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State U. ( 2009-2010 )

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
    Paula's article was good, I agree. A lot of the subplot seems to be about the Big Ten Network (and the Big Ten). And, as some have pointed out here and elsewhere, it is always about money. As long as we are speculating (and in my case dreaming), and given money is driving things, how about this: Penn State goes D1 (the rumors have reached fever pitch), the BTHC is formed but adds Notre Dame and Miami to get to eight teams (I said I was dreaming). Obviously Miami is the big beneficiary of that set up, but it makes some sense in that six teams is not an ideal size and if the BTHC is looking for seventh and eighth teams, ND is a natural and Miami is arguably the most desirable of the rest based on geogaphy and competitiveness. That would reduce travel cost (Miami/OSU to Minny and vice versa the long trips, but think of the trips being eliminated for all the teams). This setup has tremednous revenue potential, especially tv revenue with those teams playing each other four times a year, answering the cry for more BT games. And, it would be one heckuva conference assuming Miami's current commitment to hockey continues.

Of course my dream comes with a lot of possible downside for college hockey, but I think it makes more sense than a six team BTHC which comes with even more downside. And what would probably happen to the other teams are arrangements based on the western teams with both Alaska teams CC, DU, UNO, UND, BSU, UMD, MSU and maybe AirForce or NMU (a pretty darn good conference also) and then some shuffling of the remaining eastern and central teams into a conference. We would still have four "power conferences" IMO.

Sorry for the UAH tangent, but I just wanted to throw that out there and dream a little.

And sorry, we Miamians are not trying to hijack your thread, just some good conversation here.

I agree about the conversation. Its gone dead at the Miami thread lol.

Personally I think for their to be a Big Ten conference 2 school would need to make the move. Illinois has a very strong club program with the committment from the university in the club aspect. I think ND is a logical choice but dont see them taking Miami ( sorry eagle ).

Im with KL a BT hockey conference is a really bad idea. I would hope each big ten program realizes that and it is just a push from the conference itself.

I think UAH will get in eventually as well, the timing of the vote just seemed to be a way to keep their options open for right now.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      would love to get your thoughts on the article if you have read it now, as well as buster and KL.
      Typical Wesson article. I like reading her, I really do, but she editorializes too much. Still a good piece. Hopefully the door is still wide open for Huntsville.
      I am disappointed in with the CCHA comish. I felt he should have gone to bat more for Huntsville instead of making excuses for the surprise vote and the outcome.

Instead of the Big 10 Hockey conference, how about "THE BIG MAC" hockey conference. It would be split into two division, the BIG, consisting of UM,MSU, OSU, Wis, Min and the futuristic Penn St. team. the "MAC" would be the 3 current MAC schools, Miami, BG and WMU. Revitalize the programs at Kent and my Ohio. with ND making the sixth team in that division.

Although each season I wish Miami a slow painful death, a BTHC would put a hurt on Miami and may be the death of BG hockey. That I don't want to see in any form.

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
        Typical Wesson article. I like reading her, I really do, but she editorializes too much. Still a good piece. Hopefully the door is still wide open for Huntsville.
        I am disappointed in with the CCHA comish. I felt he should have gone to bat more for Huntsville instead of making excuses for the surprise vote and the outcome.

Instead of the Big 10 Hockey conference, how about "THE BIG MAC" hockey conference. It would be split into two division, the BIG, consisting of UM,MSU, OSU, Wis, Min and the futuristic Penn St. team. the "MAC" would be the 3 current MAC schools, Miami, BG and WMU. Revitalize the programs at Kent and my Ohio. with ND making the sixth team in that division.

Although each season I wish Miami a slow painful death, a BTHC would put a hurt on Miami and may be the death of BG hockey. That I don't want to see in any form.

I have mixed feelings about Tom's comments. I have a funny feeling that he is and is why he has left the door open for them in the future still.

I dont think the BTCH will happen, but if it does I don't think it will affect Miami too much depending on where the end up. They have an appealing program and will compete nationally year in and year out. However I agree with you in regards too BG and that would be ashame IMO as well.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Let's get " FIRED UP " for the Thanksgiving Tournament at North Dakota.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
            Let's get " FIRED UP " for the Thanksgiving Tournament at North Dakota.
            Its not a tournament its a weekend series with a game against Bemidji and North Dakota.

Comment

Its not a tournament its a weekend series with a game against Bemidji and North Dakota.
              Should be a good test to see where each ohio state and miami are early in the season. Wish i could go but i am going to omaha in february so that one i ll have to listen at home.

Comment

It's called the SUBWAY HOLIDAY CLASSIC.

Subway Holiday Classic

Fri, Nov 27 North Dakota at Grand Forks, N.D. 7:37 p.m.

Sat, Nov 28 Bemidji State at Grand Forks, N.D. 4:07 p.m.
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

If someone gets a Major they should play the $5 footlong song when he's going to the box.

Comment

Now that's a FUNNY one.
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Should be a good test to see where each ohio state and miami are early in the season. Wish i could go but i am going to omaha in february so that one i ll have to listen at home.

I agree, but I think we will know where Miami already is since they start the year with two against St. Cloud st. and then at New Hampshier followed by a pair with Michigan.

Regardless it will be a great weekend of hockey for all 4 teams involved. Will finally be nice to play UND and let them see our program and yours so they can quit this whole our programs are nothing business. IMO both teams can win both games up there.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        If someone gets a Major they should play the $5 footlong song when he's going to the box.

yea but which version are they going to go with??? Since subway is endorsed by 75% of professional athletes lol

Regardless of what its called, it isn't a tournament if you dont play a winners advanced format.

Comment

KL- Looking at both teams schedule, IMO, we both have the chance to have the toughest SOS in the first half. By my calculations, we both will play 11 teams that will be ranked in the first half. And that weekend in grand forks has a chance to have 3 teams ranked in the top 10 if not the top 5. Granted the schedules in the second half get easier but the first half for both these teams is brutal. Miami starts out with 6 of their first 8 against top 15 teams. and OSU finishes the first half with 7 of 9 against ranked teams. So by christmas for sure we will know which direction these teams are heading by a series against each other! lol

Comment

I recently heard that the second game of the Denver series will be played downtown. Has anyone got their season tickets yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan2009 View Post
                              I recently heard that the second game of the Denver series will be played downtown. Has anyone got their season tickets yet?
                              there is a bluejackets game isnt there??

Comment

there is a bluejackets game isnt there??
                                if there is a jackets game that night ohio state could play like at 100 that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X