Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazypotatoes
    replied
    Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Stewart kept NMU in this game. Anyone else or Stewart not being hot, and it's another NMU failure like the game in October.
    Fixed.

It was a pretty even game, and both goalies kept it close. Both teams had a lot of good scoring chances.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Tonights tie with MTU is another wasted opportunity for NMU. While we knew they would take a hit in their RPI they also lost an opportunity to turn this game into a win in the common opponent category of the pairwise rankings.
    Genoe kept MTU in this game. Anyone else or Genoe not being hot, and it's another MTU failure like the GLI.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
    Fri, Oct 9: Tech 5, Northern 3
    Fri, Dec 18: Tech 1, Northern 2
    Tue, Jan 12: Tech 1, Northern 1

Total goal differential: Tech 7, Northern 6

Guess this means we win the imaginary cup again this year.
    Its nice to know that there is still one team out there that we're better than!

Leave a comment:

• MacInnes Diehard
    replied

Fri, Oct 9: Tech 5, Northern 3
    Fri, Dec 18: Tech 1, Northern 2
    Tue, Jan 12: Tech 1, Northern 1

Total goal differential: Tech 7, Northern 6

Guess this means we win the imaginary cup again this year.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Tonights tie with MTU is another wasted opportunity for NMU. While we knew they would take a hit in their RPI they also lost an opportunity to turn this game into a win in the common opponent category of the pairwise rankings. They shouldn't let these games slip away and cannot afford additional missteps or once again they are looking at a trip to The Joe with Championship or Bust!!!
    uhm...winning against tech would not have dropped NMU's rpi...

Leave a comment:

• MOJO
    replied

Tonights tie with MTU is another wasted opportunity for NMU. While we knew they would take a hit in their RPI they also lost an opportunity to turn this game into a win in the common opponent category of the pairwise rankings. They shouldn't let these games slip away and cannot afford additional missteps or once again they are looking at a trip to The Joe with Championship or Bust!!!

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    But we're already going to be doing Europe trips (apparently) a couple times per decade?

I agree though, I think seeing Michigan/Michigan State at JMSIA every once in a while would be sweet, but there's no way they'd go for it.
    **** Michigan and State, why would we care about getting second-rate programs like that when we regularly get Wisconsin, Minnesota, Denver and North Dakota at the Mac.

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I wasn't even thinking about those two - I had teams like Western, Ferris, and BG in mind.
    Yeah, I'd love to see Ferris come here. I could whip out my FSU jersey if we're getting beat too badly.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    I agree though, I think seeing Michigan/Michigan State at JMSIA every once in a while would be sweet, but there's no way they'd go for it.
    I wasn't even thinking about those two - I had teams like Western, Ferris, and BG in mind.

Leave a comment:

• crazypotatoes
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No one is suggesting we gallivant around the east every season. A couple of trips per decade would suffice.

I see getting the non-Yooper CCHA schools to reciprocate a home series as unlikely. They probably wouldn't want to make two or three trips to the UP in the same season, and already whine about trips to Marquette as is.
    But we're already going to be doing Europe trips (apparently) a couple times per decade?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Plenty of teams right in your own backyard SG, you don't need to be spending "The Institution's" limited budgets gallivanting around the Eastern Seaboard.
    No one is suggesting we gallivant around the east every season. A couple of trips per decade would suffice.

I see getting the non-Yooper CCHA schools to reciprocate a home series as unlikely. They probably wouldn't want to make two or three trips to the UP in the same season, and already whine about trips to Marquette as is.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    You have some wonderful excuses...suck it up travel....Would you rather ride a bus to Omaha than see the east coast? You're so narrow-minded. Hockey fans want to see variety. I want an excuse to go to some games out east. I am still frustrated i didn't make the trip out to Vermont when I had the chance to see the huskies...
    Its only Vermont. Ive been there many times and you are not missing much. Its a magical land (with or without chemical influence) where cows outnumber people, and maple syrup runs through the riverbeds. Though, it is much better than that dump of a neighbor to its east.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Very few of them want to play NMU...too bad most of them have to...
    Not denying this statement at all.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

You have some wonderful excuses...suck it up travel....Would you rather ride a bus to Omaha than see the east coast? You're so narrow-minded. Hockey fans want to see variety. I want an excuse to go to some games out east. I am still frustrated i didn't make the trip out to Vermont when I had the chance to see the huskies...
    Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    I'd like to see Tech play Ferris and Western. Maybe Miami, Ohio State, Bowling Green. And Air Force. that'd be a great road trip!!
    Plenty of teams right in your own backyard SG, you don't need to be spending "The Institution's" limited budgets gallivanting around the Eastern Seaboard.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Very few of those teams would want to play Tech :P Stick with AIC for nc games.
    Very few of them want to play NMU...too bad most of them have to...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X