No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    I agree though, I think seeing Michigan/Michigan State at JMSIA every once in a while would be sweet, but there's no way they'd go for it.
    I wasn't even thinking about those two - I had teams like Western, Ferris, and BG in mind.

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I wasn't even thinking about those two - I had teams like Western, Ferris, and BG in mind.
      Yeah, I'd love to see Ferris come here. I could whip out my FSU jersey if we're getting beat too badly.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
        But we're already going to be doing Europe trips (apparently) a couple times per decade?

I agree though, I think seeing Michigan/Michigan State at JMSIA every once in a while would be sweet, but there's no way they'd go for it.
        **** Michigan and State, why would we care about getting second-rate programs like that when we regularly get Wisconsin, Minnesota, Denver and North Dakota at the Mac.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tonights tie with MTU is another wasted opportunity for NMU. While we knew they would take a hit in their RPI they also lost an opportunity to turn this game into a win in the common opponent category of the pairwise rankings. They shouldn't let these games slip away and cannot afford additional missteps or once again they are looking at a trip to The Joe with Championship or Bust!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
            Tonights tie with MTU is another wasted opportunity for NMU. While we knew they would take a hit in their RPI they also lost an opportunity to turn this game into a win in the common opponent category of the pairwise rankings. They shouldn't let these games slip away and cannot afford additional missteps or once again they are looking at a trip to The Joe with Championship or Bust!!!
            uhm...winning against tech would not have dropped NMU's rpi...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Fri, Oct 9: Tech 5, Northern 3
              Fri, Dec 18: Tech 1, Northern 2
              Tue, Jan 12: Tech 1, Northern 1

Total goal differential: Tech 7, Northern 6

Guess this means we win the imaginary cup again this year.
              Huskeeeeez

Comment

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
                Fri, Oct 9: Tech 5, Northern 3
                Fri, Dec 18: Tech 1, Northern 2
                Tue, Jan 12: Tech 1, Northern 1

Total goal differential: Tech 7, Northern 6

Guess this means we win the imaginary cup again this year.
                Its nice to know that there is still one team out there that we're better than!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                  Tonights tie with MTU is another wasted opportunity for NMU. While we knew they would take a hit in their RPI they also lost an opportunity to turn this game into a win in the common opponent category of the pairwise rankings.
                  Genoe kept MTU in this game. Anyone else or Genoe not being hot, and it's another MTU failure like the GLI.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Stewart kept NMU in this game. Anyone else or Stewart not being hot, and it's another NMU failure like the game in October.
                    Fixed.

It was a pretty even game, and both goalies kept it close. Both teams had a lot of good scoring chances.
                    Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Working...
                    X