No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    Hey my team plays against Cornell after this weekend's Sioux/Gopher series.

And yes, technically, this is about Tech/NMU. But since when do us Tech posters ever stay on topic??
    At least we're talking hockey.

And yes, I like the idea of more eastern schools. Attracting decent NC opponents might be a problem with our putrid record though, PWR wouldn't be kind to any easterners that lost to a 3-34-1 Huskies team.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      And yes, I like the idea of more eastern schools. Attracting decent NC opponents might be a problem with our putrid record though, PWR wouldn't be kind to any easterners that lost to a 3-34-1 Huskies team.
      I'd even be willing to accept some less desirable eastern opponents for a few years. I'm just getting tired of playing NMU as our only major NC opponent, to be perfectly honest. I think two games against them each season is enough as long as they're staying in the CCHA. Some will disagree and claim it makes a 'dying' rivalry even less relevant, but I think it's fine.

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
      Hey my team plays against Cornell after this weekend's Sioux/Gopher series.
      And "your" team is one I'd consider to be one of those "name" schools I talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        And "your" team is one I'd consider to be one of those "name" schools I talked about.
        I know, that's why I said it and added the smiley
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          Well, it makes sense. There's the existing (if not fading) rivalry, plus the simplicity of being (relatively) close to each other. It's a series I'd like to see continue, but I can't help but agree--it would be nice to play some other NC games.
          I think a BU game would be awesome, but that's not going to happen any time soon...
          Tech could play AIC...Battle of the basement in College Hockey!!

But seriously, the distance is the greatest thing to overcome. The smaller eastern schools do not have the budgets of Boston U. So a team like Merrimack, or Providence out of hockey east might be difficult to schedule. I think games against St. Lawrence, Niagara, Mercyhurst would better suit Tech.

Matchups Id love to see NMU compete in: Vs. Maine (obviously) vs. UNH, vs. Denver, Vs. Union so we can shut up that UnionHockeyManiac guy.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

While I'm glad that the Superior Showcase happened, I would really like to see it end, and I'd like to pick up UNO as a NC opponent for a four year span.

NMU hosts UA_: 2 vs MTU, 2 vs UNO, Holiday Tourney or another 2 NC

NMU goes to UA_: 2 vs MTU, 2 vs UNO, 2 vs ???, Holiday Tourney
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              While I'm glad that the Superior Showcase happened, I would really like to see it end, and I'd like to pick up UNO as a NC opponent for a four year span.

NMU hosts UA_: 2 vs MTU, 2 vs UNO, Holiday Tourney or another 2 NC

NMU goes to UA_: 2 vs MTU, 2 vs UNO, 2 vs ???, Holiday Tourney
              Next year is the last year...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Next year is the last year...
                And hopefully we get rid of it and not schedule NMU another 2 times again. It's nice sometimes having 4 games against your "rivals," but is there another team that schedules 4 NC games against the same team. It just seems to be a waste.
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Tech and NMU could always do a trip to New York and play Clarkson and St. Lawrence, one each night. They're like 20 miles apart. Then Clarkson and St. Lawrence could come to the Yoop and do the same.

Actually there are several pairs that this could work with. Yale-Quinnipiac, RPI-#26, etc.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    And hopefully we get rid of it and not schedule NMU another 2 times again. It's nice sometimes having 4 games against your "rivals," but is there another team that schedules 4 NC games against the same team. It just seems to be a waste.
                    UAA and UA_ did until they agreed to play in each other's tournament because of changes in exempt games.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Tech and NMU could always do a trip to New York and play Clarkson and St. Lawrence, one each night. They're like 20 miles apart. Then Clarkson and St. Lawrence could come to the Yoop and do the same.
                      East coast teams don't travel further than 2 hour bus trips. Their players need to be in bed with their teddy bears by midnight.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Actually there are several pairs that this could work with. Yale-Quinnipiac, RPI-#26, etc.
                        That's sounds like a great idea. Maybe you should be the new AD at Tech. The way JSR is talking there might be a lot of positions opening up around there any second now.
                        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          East coast teams don't travel further than 2 hour bus trips. Their players need to be in bed with their teddy bears by midnight.
                          Yeah...that's why I remember watching Vermont and St. Lawrence play at MacInnes...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Yeah...that's why I remember watching Vermont and St. Lawrence play at MacInnes...
                            I think I remember watching Vermont play Tech. I must have miss St. Lawrence.

Besides that I think the furthest OOC opponent I remember watching play at Houghton was Mercyhurst.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                              I think I remember watching Vermont play Tech. I must have miss St. Lawrence.

Besides that I think the furthest OOC opponent I remember watching play at Houghton was Mercyhurst.
                              St. Lawrence was before Vermont...RPI was before St. Lawrence I think...

Comment

Who's buying the plane tickets for those? Then for bus rental too? Besides, I really don't see any of those schools being much of a draw at the Berry. We can trade trips with Bemidji far less expensively than the boys out east.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X