No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    She's a business major, you might need to explain the technical terms better.
    GFY

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      She's a business major, you might need to explain the technical terms better.
      lim (gpa -> 0.0) engineer = business
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
        Thank heavens BWK has been suspended, eh!!! Now we can move forward and really debate hockey and all things related to the average weight of Tech women!!!

Tech Women Are Husky!!!

As for the game tomorrow night, I'm trying to adjust my schedule so that I may attend. My greatest fear is that I'll drive 150 into a miserable Keweenaw snow storm to watch Tech break this horrible winless record at the Wildcats expense. Please have mercy on us you whipped puppies!!!
        Of course Tech will play out of their minds and probably win this game. They always treat this matchup like it's their national championship. Then they'll go on to win 2-3 more games the rest of the season. But to them it was a successful season because they kicked NMU's butt twice.

Please Cats, show up to play 60 solid minutes. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
          Of course Tech will play out of their minds and probably win this game. They always treat this matchup like it's their national championship. Then they'll go on to win 2-3 more games the rest of the season. But to them it was a successful season because they kicked NMU's butt twice.

As long as we hurt NMU's RPI just enough to keep them right around 16 in the Pairwise...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            As long as we hurt NMU's RPI just enough to keep them right around 16 in the Pairwise...
            That may have already happened.

That being said, the Baltika is still in FM/tIG's fridge (I keep forgetting to take it back to MQT). We lose this game, I'm opening that sucker.
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post

Please. Tech has zero discipline and even less of a PK. Get chippy and get us frustrated, we'll start the parade to the box, and you'll win going away.

If Tech wins this game I will run through the Union Pacific Station dressed as Ronald McDonald.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Please. Tech has zero discipline and even less of a PK. Get chippy and get us frustrated, we'll start the parade to the box, and you'll win going away.

If Tech wins this game I will run through the Union Pacific Station dressed as Ronald McDonald.
                I want pictures.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I want pictures.
                  Pictures? I want video.

Not saying I want to see this scenario happen, but it would almost make up for it. Hell, what am I saying? It wouldn't make up for it at all, but it would certainly be amusing.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                    That may have already happened.

That being said, the Baltika is still in FM/tIG's fridge (I keep forgetting to take it back to MQT). We lose this game, I'm opening that sucker.
                    When we lose do I get to drink it?

Unfortunately, if we lose this game I can't really effectively drink away my sorrows. We have our first broomball game later that night, plus I have class the day after this game too. I pray next year they find a better way to schedule the Tech/Northern series.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                    Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
                      When we lose do I get to drink it?

Unfortunately, if we lose this game I can't really effectively drink away my sorrows. We have our first broomball game later that night, plus I have class the day after this game too. I pray next year they find a better way to schedule the Tech/Northern series.
                      We'll see.

And not to beat a dead horse, but I don't think we're gonna see better scheduling of this series until the Superior Showcase dies. There just aren't many good weekends outside of conference play for this series.
                      Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        And not to beat a dead horse, but I don't think we're gonna see better scheduling of this series until the Superior Showcase dies. There just aren't many good weekends outside of conference play for this series.
                        Basically

It's either the weekend before Christmas (attendance be d@mned), schedule a game mid-week in January (right before the conference schedules begin again in earnest), or do away with the Superior Showcase (something I'm not in favor of doing just to schedule a 3rd and probably 4th game with NMU). If we're going to drop the Showcase, I'd at least want Tech to replace it with a series against a half-decent NC opponent each season. There are some non-ivy ECAC teams whom I sure would reciprocate a home series over a two or three year agreement.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-11-2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Basically

It's either the weekend before Christmas (attendance be d@mned), schedule a game mid-week in January (right before the conference schedules begin again in earnest), or do away with the Superior Showcase (something I'm not in favor of doing just to schedule a 3rd and probably 4th game with NMU). If we're going to drop the Showcase, I'd at least want Tech to replace it with a series against a half-decent NC opponent each season. There are some non-ivy ECAC teams whom I sure would reciprocate a home series over a two or three year agreement.
                          I think the showcase is done after next season anyway...But I agree with FTB&G, I would like to travel to a Clarkson, RPI...etc.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I think the showcase is done after next season anyway...But I agree with FTB&G, I would like to travel to a Clarkson, RPI...etc.
                            Clarkson, RPI, SLU, even a budding program like Quinnipiac would make for an interesting weekend of hockey, I think. I'd love a series against Cornell too (for multiple reasons), but due to the Ivy League scheduling demands I think it's difficult to get a series with them unless you're a "name" program or a traditional rival who now plays in another conference (HEA). The other ECAC schools aren't bound by that, and get to schedule more NC series because of it.

But anyway, this is about Tech/NMU. I guess...

Comment

Clarkson, RPI, SLU, even a budding program like Quinnipiac would make for an interesting weekend of hockey, I think. I'd love a series against Cornell too (for multiple reasons), but due to the Ivy League scheduling demands I think it's difficult to get a series with them unless you're a "name" program or a traditional rival who now plays in another conference (HEA). The other ECAC schools aren't bound by that, and get to schedule more NC series because of it.

Well, it makes sense. There's the existing (if not fading) rivalry, plus the simplicity of being (relatively) close to each other. It's a series I'd like to see continue, but I can't help but agree--it would be nice to play some other NC games.
                              I think a BU game would be awesome, but that's not going to happen any time soon...
                              Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Hey my team plays against Cornell after this weekend's Sioux/Gopher series.

And yes, technically, this is about Tech/NMU. But since when do us Tech posters ever stay on topic??
                                Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                                http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                                Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                                Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                                Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                                All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Working...
                                X