No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

The Superior Challenge or whatever the balls it is makes this series during break. The only weekends both Tech and Northern have available after their conference schedules are determined are absolute crap. Walt and Jamie sit down to the same stuff every year, only this year Jamie at least had the good sense to schedule our game for the Tuesday after we get back from break.

Also, since tNMU plays basketball in tBEC, the turnaround to get it back to ice might be too much for two basketball games and then a hockey game.

And, if there's going to be a 'new' cup, NMU is going to have to be willing to give it up when they lose it
    @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
    I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
      The Superior Challenge or whatever the balls it is makes this series during break. The only weekends both Tech and Northern have available after their conference schedules are determined are absolute crap. Walt and Jamie sit down to the same stuff every year, only this year Jamie at least had the good sense to schedule our game for the Tuesday after we get back from break.

Also, since tNMU plays basketball in tBEC, the turnaround to get it back to ice might be too much for two basketball games and then a hockey game.

And, if there's going to be a 'new' cup, NMU is going to have to be willing to give it up when they lose it
      NMU does the BBall/ Hockey thing a couple times a year, with Women's Hoop at 11, the Men at 1 and then Hockey at 7:35.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

But you can sure bet that it will magically appear and be skated around whenever NMU wins.
        Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't spend any extra effort to get to Marquette early to watch basketball games...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            I find it ...
            Easy Dave, you remember what happened the last time you brought up great points around campus?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Actually, the whiny one is right on the first point. It was either play them this past weekend, or play them right again right after the Showcase. And, while that has been neat, I say it's time to let that go and move on.

And, as per the CURRENT rules of the cup (the winner of the 4-game series), we still maintain possession of it because we have not played 4 games against Tech since the last time it changed hands. Once new rules are put in to play, then the cup can start traveling again, but for now it's dead and it's final resting place is in the sanctums of tBEC.
              Always a Wildcat...
              Originally posted by Kepler
              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                And, as per the CURRENT rules of the cup (the winner of the 4-game series), we still maintain possession of it because we have not played 4 games against Tech since the last time it changed hands. Once new rules are put in to play, then the cup can start traveling again, but for now it's dead and it's final resting place is in the sanctums of tBEC.
                *****http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho/ramadacup.jpg******

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Give me one reason beside the lack of a sponsor for why 3 games should not be an acceptable amount for the cup competition?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Give me one reason beside the lack of a sponsor for why 3 games should not be an acceptable amount for the cup competition?
                    I never said it wasn't. I'm just saying that the terms had never been re-negotiated. Heck, I'm all for it, personally, but who am I? It's between the respective coaching staffs from each school institution.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Here's all I know regarding this:

Walt has repeatedly tried to discuss the trophy with Jamie, but Jamie refuses to discuss the issue.

The idea of making it a "fan base" trophy in the meantime was floated around, with discussion taking place between the MTU Blueline Club and Walt Kyle. This idea also was axed.

So, we're basically at an impasse.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

*nudge*

Yes, I know Tech has another series before this...
                        Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                          *nudge*

Yes, I know Tech has another series before this...
                          Yeah, but no one cares about St, Clooud. Especially at Tech since they never show up there.
                          Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                            Yeah, but no one cares about St, Clooud. Especially at Tech since they never show up there.
                            Two games with double digits goals against?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                              Two games with double digits goals against?
                              Woah, not that bad. That shouldn't happen until we end the year with a couple of roadtrips to DU and the UNDUIs, sandwiched around a couple more thrashings by Paint Thinner Nation.

But who am I kidding, another 10-1 game could be right around the corner with this squad.

Comment

Crap, this thread again? Also, FTB&G, when was the "Bosch" factor created? My Bosch factor is pretty good, they make great 12V automotive relays, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X