No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    If my car works by Friday, I'm dragging you to Northern. If my car doesn't work, you're driving me to Northern. So you're going.
    So that answers that...
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      How nice of you to prove your work; but there is a much larger case of past games (both in the Walt and Rick eras) of sh**ing the bed against "cupcake" teams.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        How nice of you to prove your work; but there is a much larger case of past games (both in the Walt and Rick eras) of sh**ing the bed against "cupcake" teams.
        Yes, I realize that, but I was trying to a) keep it somewhat recent and b) keep it pretty much irrefutable. I also didn't want to go too far back because I didn't want to pick a series where a team that is a considered a cupcake now wasn't at the time. Would you like to continue this point?
        Always a Wildcat...
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

So when will the pregame festivities be beginning?

Comment

Yes, I realize that, but I was trying to a) keep it somewhat recent and b) keep it pretty much irrefutable. I also didn't want to go too far back because I didn't want to pick a series where a team that is a considered a cupcake now wasn't at the time. Would you like to continue this point?
            Ha. Nope. I fondly recall beating Michigan and losing to MTU, or beating Ohio State and losing to Notre Dame. (02-03 era)

Or losing the play-in game to ninth place BGSU in 2001.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Ha. Nope. I fondly recall beating Michigan and losing to MTU, or beating Ohio State and losing to Notre Dame. (02-03 era)

Or losing the play-in game to ninth place BGSU in 2001.
              Ok. I had that last game quoted in a rebuttal post, but I wasn't sure if BGSU was still considered cupcake then and scrapped the whole thing.
              Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Ok. I had that last game quoted in a rebuttal post, but I wasn't sure if BGSU was still considered cupcake then and scrapped the whole thing.
                For quick reference:
                http://www.augenblick.org/chha/ccha_stn.html
                Makes remembering who was a cupcake and who wasn't easier.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

From Cathockey.com:
                  Blue Line Club hosting a cash bar in Wildcat room prior to game and during 1st and 2nd intermission.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I haven't read the last few pages but have we hit rock bottom in this thread yet? Just wondering where we are so far and if you need some help.

Comment

In lieu of the artery clogging goodness this thread has had to offer, I made an english muffin, egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich tonight that could've killed even the most experienced of eaters...

Comment

Hey Cat fans, aren't you happy that bwk showed up to blame Kaunisto's suspension on Kyle?

Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Just checked my FSN's and ESPNU:

We have college football, college women's volleyball, and H.S. football.

No tv for us outsiders for this game.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Just checked my FSN's and ESPNU:

We have college football, college women's volleyball, and H.S. football.

No tv for us outsiders for this game.
                            I didn't expect it to be televised. As much as we care about this series, it is a game between 2 schools in the UP, this is a niche in a niche level of niche sport.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I didn't expect it to be televised. As much as we care about this series, it is a game between 2 schools in the UP, this is a niche in a niche level of niche sport.
                              You'd be surprised at what you may find on these channels. IIRC, last year I not only saw NMU-WMU, but also saw a Yale-Union game. Yeah.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                                Hey Cat fans, aren't you happy that bwk showed up to blame Kaunisto's suspension on Kyle?

Just farking thrilled. Seriously.
                                Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                                X