No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    MN doesn't consider Tech a rival though.
    No, but in accordance with many a fan's expectations/hopes, this past weekend was a sort of statement series. We crush Tech? Ok, good, things are normal, we'll be okay in the end. Lose a game to Tech? Fire tDon! Barely beat them? We still have to wait and see what happens when we play a "real" team.

I get the whole rival bit, I do, but that doesn't prevent MN getting embarrassed again this year by UND, etc.

Kna'am sayin'?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      NMU is ****ed about three things:

1) Getting swept by us last season
      2) Losing to us to start the season
      3) Getting swept by our red-headed stepchild this past weekend

This is a matchup that runs on emotion above all. Tech is less angry and more resigned to their fate. NMU is Bald Bull charging for his big uppercut.

NMU 5-1, with potential for ugliness up to Foote v. Siddall levels.
      But does Tech know that all you need to do is just throw a jab on the 3rd jump
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I call this a tie, and everyone goes home peeved.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
          My question is.....will one of the Fox Sports channels carry this game?

There's a severe lack of college football, there prob is SOME pumpkin-pushing (although aren't Thu and Sat the big nights?), dunno about other sports, and many other bigger hockey schools don't even play.

I wouldn't mind catching this game, if only to put me to sleep.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
            Honestly, I would rather watch Tech get the crap beaten out of them than have to sit through another abortion of a 1-1 tie that the first Invasion had to watch. That was the worst hockey game I've ever been to, and not because Footer lost his man card. Both teams played like sh*t.

Comment

Honestly, I would rather watch Tech get the crap beaten out of them than have to sit through that abortion of a 1-1 tie that the first Invasion had to watch. That was the worst hockey game I've ever watched, and not because Footer lost his man card. Both teams played like sh*t.
              ^
              |

preacher

<-choir

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                ^
                |

preacher

<-choir
                Hmm, I never would have guessed that you could sing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                  Hmm, I never would have guessed that you could sing.
                  I can sing as well as MTU plays hockey.

Comment

I can sing as well as MTU plays hockey.
                    *cringe*

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                      *cringe*
                      Yep.

Anyway, it's Thursday, and that is when I talk hockey. So, you guys still really short? (I didn't peruse the game talk or whatever you guys call it, the show)

Comment

Anyway, it's Thursday, and that is when I talk hockey. So, you guys still really short? (I didn't peruse the game talk or whatever you guys call it, the show)
                        Well, some Tech fans are short.

We may get BUNGER! and VanWagner back. Getting VanWagner back in the lineup would allow Kivisto to get a little more rest, as he's been logging way too much ice time. Royer and Reddick are both unlikely to play. As you probably noticed, we got Baker back back last weekend and the team & coaches also decided Kattelus had served his time for whatever he did, so I think we're slowly getting some depth back. Kattelus, especially, is important to improving our PK and getting our second line to start contributing offensively. I had high hopes for him this year, and was really bummed to find out that he had blown it and gotten suspended.

If we can just get VanWagner back in the next week and avoid any further injuries going into the NMU games and the GLI, I think we'll be off life support and ready to grind out a few more wins in the next couple of months.

Comment

Honestly, I would rather watch Tech get the crap beaten out of them than have to sit through another abortion of a 1-1 tie that the first Invasion had to watch. That was the worst hockey game I've ever been to, and not because Footer lost his man card. Both teams played like sh*t.
                          Thats ok, Footer had an extra man-card after bagging the VB twins.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

QFT!

I wouldn't count on the loss, though. NMU has a history of p1551ng down their legs against teams they really should beat. Case in point.
                            Always a Wildcat...
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              So is anybody going to Marquette, then returning to Houghton?
                              I'm not sure if I'm going yet, but if I do, I will be coming back to Hoton

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                                I'm not sure if I'm going yet, but if I do, I will be coming back to Hoton
                                If my car works by Friday, I'm dragging you to Northern. If my car doesn't work, you're driving me to Northern. So you're going.
                                Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Working...
                                X