Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnchorsAway
    replied
    Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

If NMU bounces back my guess is that Ray Kaunisto will have something to do with it. I realize he's from the Soo so he probably gets a little extra motivation when he comes to town but man the guy can flat out play hockey. NMU didn't have a ton of bright spots this weekend but he sure was one of them...really wish he would have stayed home...

Leave a comment:

• nmupiccdiva
    replied
    Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by crazytechfan View Post
    Ugh. So, I made this huge mistake. One of my best friends from high school is now a Wolverine. He and I have always been really competitive about everything (one of those friendships where we hate each other, yet love each other, and everyone says we're going to get married someday). We got into a debate this past summer about hockey, and now have a bet on the next game which MTU plays against UMich. $50 on every goal in the margin of victory...
    * me.
    ...and the NMU students are supposed to be the dumb ones??

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    Anyone who bets anything on Tech has something wrong with them. I'm an optimist, but I'm not that insane.
    The obvious solution is to bet against them.

Either Tech wins, or you win your bet. It's like buying wins. And don't listen to Pete Rose, it's absolutely ethical. When you have 3 wins, ethics go out the window.

Leave a comment:

• crazytechfan
    replied

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    Anyone who bets anything on Tech has something wrong with them. I'm an optimist, but I'm not that insane.
    Ugh. So, I made this huge mistake. One of my best friends from high school is now a Wolverine. He and I have always been really competitive about everything (one of those friendships where we hate each other, yet love each other, and everyone says we're going to get married someday). We got into a debate this past summer about hockey, and now have a bet on the next game which MTU plays against UMich. $50 on every goal in the margin of victory...
    * me.

Leave a comment:

• nmupiccdiva
    replied

Brent did leave me that bottle of the Baltika stuff... maybe I should drink that before the game. It'll make it not hurt so much...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X