Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    Personally, I wasn't a fan of it. However, at least Foxton manned up and was open about it, instead of hiding behind a internet pseudonym.
    I take it that wasn't bwk that you talked to last night?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

    Comment


    • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      Personally, I wasn't a fan of it. However, at least Foxton manned up and was open about it, instead of hiding behind a internet pseudonym.
      The difference is, Foxton did it in jest. I'm pretty sure JSR is dead serious.

      Comment


      • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

        Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The difference is, Foxton did it in jest. I'm pretty sure JSR is dead serious.
        Well I really do want Russell gone, but it was mostly for lols.

        Comment


        • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

          Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Sounds like BUNGER! will play. Royer and VanWagner also practiced yesterday, but are still day-to-day.
          Bunger had a couple of awesome shifts, one of which lead directly to Tech's goal (hard forecheck to get the puck and then a good screen on Stewart). If the whole team could play with that kind of intensity, they'd win a lot more games.

          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          Don't be disappointed you didn't see the game. That was an ugly win. I can't be too mad, it was a rivalry win at home, but I can't be too proud because that was an ugly win. Almost as ugly as the hat FM was wearing.
          That game was probably worse than the Friday Minnesota-Tech game, and that was one of the saddest excuses for a hockey game that I've ever seen. And FM's hat was terrible.
          Boosh Factor: 11


          Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

          Comment


          • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

            Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            I take it that wasn't bwk that you talked to last night?
            I'm still not sure. And, again, I'd hate to think that the person in question was him, 'cause I know this guy from working at Lakeview and he seems like a nice enough guy...
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

            Comment


            • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

              I just thought I'd add it was good to see Billy Smith back on the ice. The Cats need his energy the rest of the season.

              Comment


              • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                I just thought I'd add it was good to see Billy Smith back on the ice. The Cats need his energy the rest of the season.
                Nice surprise to see him back a few weeks earlier than expected.
                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

                Born a Black Bear
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

                A NMU Wildcat for Life
                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

                NMU Hockey
                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                2008-2009: 18-16-5


                1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

                Comment


                • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                  I really want to get Gordic back. I think he's got a ton of potential but he's going under the table for his shoulder during break, so we'll have to wait until next season. Can he get a medical red shirt or did he probably play too many (8)?

                  Comment


                  • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                    Originally posted by Yager View Post
                    I really want to get Gordic back. I think he's got a ton of potential but he's going under the table for his shoulder during break, so we'll have to wait until next season. Can he get a medical red shirt or did he probably play too many (8)?
                    Last I heard, Russell was attempting to get a redshirt for him, so it should still be possible

                    Comment


                    • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                      Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                      Last I heard, Russell was attempting to get a redshirt for him, so it should still be possible
                      He should be an expert by now.

                      Comment


                      • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                        Originally posted by Yager View Post
                        He should be an expert by now.
                        Yeah, I was wondering about that...what's the rule about number of medical redshirts in one year for a single team? and the record for the matter of fact....

                        Comment


                        • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                          Originally posted by Yager View Post
                          I really want to get Gordic back. I think he's got a ton of potential but he's going under the table for his shoulder during break, so we'll have to wait until next season. Can he get a medical red shirt or did he probably play too many (8)?
                          I'm pretty sure that Gwilliam had 10 games last year.

                          8 games is a low enough number.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                          RIP - Kirby

                          Comment


                          • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                            Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                            Yeah, I was wondering about that...what's the rule about number of medical redshirts in one year for a single team? and the record for the matter of fact....
                            There isn't a rule for how many per team. The player just has to play few enough games during the season, I believe it is less than 1/3 of the games.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                            RIP - Kirby

                            Comment


                            • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              There isn't a rule for how many per team. The player just has to play few enough games during the season, I believe it is less than 1/3 of the games.
                              30% or less. So the cutoff would be 10, assuming we round down.

                              EDIT: Thanks, tcm.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

                                Quoted from www.ncaa.org

                                In Division I, a student-athlete can apply for a hardship waiver(actual term for medical redshirt) if a season-ending injury or illness occurs in the first half of the season. The student-athlete, however, must not have participated in more than 20 percent (whichever is greater) of the institution's scheduled contests.

                                20% of Tech's schedule is 7 games...hmm...but if Gwilliam had 9...then they must be really loose on allow exceptions...like CP's sister...

                                Edit: It's 30% not 20%...

                                So 10.5 game cutoff
                                Last edited by techcodemonkey; 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X