Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: Six Languages of Drivel

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Gotta be time to start thinking of a regular season thread title....

Lower expectations this year but really unsure of what we've got. I have two hopes though. First, that the folks on this board don't spend too much time complaining about Union and Union's fans. They are the champs and they will be for the next 6 months. No matter what you come up with... a comeback of "we are national champs" beats. So how about a moratorium on whining about them, their fans and their coach? It makes us look small.

Second, I hope to see some young players improve through the season. I don't want to see the same guy scoring all of our points through the entire season. If we split the season into two halves, I want to see at least 2 of the underclassmen with significantly better numbers in the 2nd half of the season (unless of course they rocked it right out of the gate).

Other than that... no further expectations for me. I will toss out a thread title though.... RPI 2014-15: Excelsior!
    You mean, we can't be happy that the stench from them drooling over our championships is gone?

RPI 2014-2015 Season Part I: Drivel me this!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You mean, we can't be happy that the stench from them drooling over our championships is gone?

You certainly can do whatever you wish. I just think that most that post here are sick of the back and forth that comes with thread trolling.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        You certainly can do whatever you wish. I just think that most that post here are sick of the back and forth that comes with thread trolling.
        If they are, I'm sure they won't be contributing to the "and forth".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I don't really care what the new title is as long as it doesn't contain any form of the word "drivel".
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
            Friday night in Chicago.
            Should be on line with Dominic Moore and Chris Bourque.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              Should be on line with Dominic Moore and Chris Bourque.
              I’m not trying to be a wisearse but there is a, College Hockey Alumni Thread. Blueshirts United has Tarnansky rather than Bourque.
              Last edited by turk181; 09-25-2014, 07:45 PM.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                I’m not trying to be a wisearse but there is a, College Hockey Alumni Thread. Blueshirts United has Tarnansky rather than Bourque.
                Understood. Answering a couple others who asked about him playing Monday night on this thread.
                Last edited by johnk; 09-25-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Today is 26 September 2014. In honor of Kenny Gillespie and Taylor Mahoney, there are 8 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    I don't really care what the new title is as long as it doesn't contain any form of the word "drivel".
                    driver, on the other hand...or driven....
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The RPI '85 vs. BU '09 1/4-final game in the NCAA's Frozen Four's Finest tourney should be today. The link isn't up yet but should be linked from here soon http://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-men/d1. Here's the bracket http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...finest-bracket.

I saw both of these teams IMHO RPI '85 was much the better. Anyway, voting is by Twitter or Facebook account.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mike Zalewski playing for the Utica Comets to start the year.(just announced WKTV)
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The RPI '85 vs. BU '09 1/4-final game in the NCAA's Frozen Four's Finest tourney should be today. The link isn't up yet but should be linked from here soon http://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-men/d1. Here's the bracket http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...finest-bracket.

I saw both of these teams IMHO RPI '85 was much the better. Anyway, voting is by Twitter or Facebook account.
                          link to vote http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...selaer-vs-2009
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, Ralph.

I discovered that if I log into the voting site using Chrome I don't get the same scary intermediate message that I got when I used IE9. I actually was able to vote today!

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Thanks, Ralph.

I discovered that if I log into the voting site using Chrome I don't get the same scary intermediate message that I got when I used IE9. I actually was able to vote today!
                              Too bad that it looks like we will lose.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Too bad that it looks like we will lose.
                                their alumni outnumbers ours, I guess....so it goes.

I like our chances of making it to the Final Four in FS23's tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X