No announcement yet.

The Fallacy of HE "Supremacy" - BC, The Seven Dwarfs and The Least of the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fallacy of HE "Supremacy" - BC, The Seven Dwarfs and The Least of the East

Hurray for Jonathan Quick, Hockey East rules!

Comment

Re: The Fallacy of HE "Supremacy" - BC, The Seven Dwarfs and The Least of the East

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      He didn't bring the UMN and MN into the discussion.

Originally posted by Kepler
      ...or the five star guys who used to go to Minny or Michigan are now getting siphoned into the CHL, or both.
      He responded that the UMN and MN don't face the same level of challenges with the CHL and recruiting as elsewhere. It's really tough to argue he is wrong about that. The UMN is impacted less than probably any school in that regard.

Not sure how much more relevant his comments can get to this particular discussion.
      Yes, it would help if Kepler would explain his use of "Minny" as an example. I agree with msoh and 5mm that Minnesota as a region and the University of Minnesota as a school are less affected by club teams and MJ teams than other areas of the country and the schools that recruit there. And on the tangential discussion of "superteams" I can't comment on 5mm's specific example, but I certainly think that it's more likely for a superteam to exist in Minnesota than in the fractured east.

To me, the Minnesota discussion was irrelevant because I agree with msoh and 5mm; the factors that were mentioned as affecting the non-BC teams of HE don't apply there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

UMass Lowell - the new "fair haired boy" and "new kid on the block" at the top of HE the last two seasons, the Riverhawks and their fans are hard to dislike.

I stopped reading after this, your credibility is shot. Hard to dislike a Lowell Fan? That's like say it's hard for a 15 year old boy to stare at boobs, just pure and utter nonsense.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          I stopped reading after this, your credibility is shot. Hard to dislike a Lowell Fan? That's like say it's hard for a 15 year old boy to stare at boobs, just pure and utter nonsense.
          I know a couple of UML fans who are ok.

Comment

Working...
          X