Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    The voters would be insane to put anyone but my alma mater at #10 for this season. Do we have a lot of hope in our incoming freshmen and returning sophomores? Yes, but...

GFM
    Your team has a future now and that has to feel so good. In two to five years UAH should be pretty much caught up.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      Your team has a future now and that has to feel so good. In two to five years UAH should be pretty much caught up.
      It does. Last year's freshmen were decent, and this year's are better, and while two points makes for a terrible trend line, it's gotta get better.

I'm curious to see what goaltending turns out to be for the Lakers. We saw last year what having green goalies can do for you, but y'all should at least be able to sustain some offensive pressure and not consistently give up 45+ SOG every game.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        It does. Last year's freshmen were decent, and this year's are better, and while two points makes for a terrible trend line, it's gotta get better.

I'm curious to see what goaltending turns out to be for the Lakers. We saw last year what having green goalies can do for you, but y'all should at least be able to sustain some offensive pressure and not consistently give up 45+ SOG every game.

GFM
        Probably of more concern than having all new goalies is the fact that we have 5 freshmen on D this season. We only have 2 guys back on D that were regulars last season.

Comment

The first coaches show of the season will be next Monday, September 29th, at 6:00.

Comment

Great time at the Laker Launch today! Kudos to Coach Whitten, Kris Dunbar, Blue Liners, and the athletics staff for putting together a great family event. A lot of smiling faces and some great anticipation for a new regime! Can't wait for Saturday, hoping for at least a split this weekend!

Comment

And some good crowds.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

A couple guys kind of flying under the radar or at least not talked about much this offseason, I think, have been Matt Johnson and also Garrett Clemment. Both had good freshmen season and Johnson is a bruiser out on the ice if he can stay out of the box. I like Clemment who racked up a lot of assists but only a handful of goals during his rookie season. Thoughts

Comment

I should have prefaced this by saying, "Midge, I don't care that Jim Roque recruited either of those guys."

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post
                    A couple guys kind of flying under the radar or at least not talked about much this offseason, I think, have been Matt Johnson and also Garrett Clemment. Both had good freshmen season and Johnson is a bruiser out on the ice if he can stay out of the box. I like Clemment who racked up a lot of assists but only a handful of goals during his rookie season. Thoughts
                    If Clemment continues to rack up a lot of assists, I'm fine with that. Although it would be nice to see him score more goals also, if he's getting a lot of assists that means someone is scoring goals for the Lakers, which is good. From the few games I saw last season, it looked like Johnson had a hard, heavy shot. Hopefully that will result in an increase in goals for him this season now that he has more experience at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post
                      Good points about those two.

I really like the freshman class from last year as a whole. All of them showed glimpses here and there other then Harris who didn't play much. Johnson and Correale both have above average shots and if they use them shots more the puck will go in for them.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Happy game day everyone! Here's to a new era in Laker Hockey!

Comment

Tough opponent tonight...Tech is considered to have one of the best recruiting classes in the country, according to OTB (http://overtheboards.net/2014-colleg...lass-rankings/) and is expected to challenge for a WCHA title and NCAA tourney invite...better to jump right into things as opposed to playing a weak adversary in an exhibition tilt.

Comment

Working...
                          X