Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driftryder
    replied
    Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    I am most concerned with Wilcox leaving. Tampa,Bay has to make a decision pay Wilcox good money or risk losing him to free agency.

I read they have some other higher rated goalies in their pipeline currently, we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    To keep with Scooby's theme for not letting things go, thought I'd point out that it is some people's opinion that players don't improve with experience, so our young players will not continue to get better as you proposed.
    Well then other people's opinions are wrong.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the 2014-2015 Gopher team and do think they will be pretty good again.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

I am most concerned with Wilcox leaving. Tampa,Bay has to make a decision pay Wilcox good money or risk losing him to free agency.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    If Wilcox is still with the team in October this team should be very good again, I do hope he stays for his JR year.

All of our young guns will only get better, could be a another banner or 2 year. I'm also interested in seeing that Swedish recruit (Bristedt ?) that is coming in next year. Curious what type of player he is.
    To keep with Scooby's theme for not letting things go, thought I'd point out that it is some people's opinion that players don't improve with experience, so our young players will not continue to get better as you proposed.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Boy, you really are an unproductive sarcastic grump
    No doubt. It gets old.

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

If Wilcox is still with the team in October this team should be very good again, I do hope he stays for his JR year.

All of our young guns will only get better, could be a another banner or 2 year. I'm also interested in seeing that Swedish recruit (Bristedt ?) that is coming in next year. Curious what type of player he is.

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied

While there is still a long offseason to play out, but Minnesota could be a very strong #1 to open the season in October 2014. The B1G could be clinched by the end of February. Not many other teams look that good on paper, but things will change once they step on the ice.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Is it October yet?

I have nothing to add. I hate the offseason and I hate waiting around to see who leaves and who stays. But all I know is if these freshmen stick together for a couple more years...sky is the limit.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

Congrats on a great year. I know less than a National Championship isn't what you're looking for but it is what it is. Best Gophers team that I recall seeing in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    How many Seniors can we transfer over for next season?
    A billion

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

How many Seniors can we transfer over for next season?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No. It wasn't the hitting. It was age and experience that mattered.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    **NewsFlash**
    The NCAA has approved the request of several University of Minnesota Men’s hockey team members to transfer their eligibility to the University’s women’s team.

A spokesman for the NCAA said several commitee members were hesitant because they did not think the men could refrain from the physical play that is typical to the men’s game but is against the rules in women’s hockey. But in reviewing the NCAA championship game they approved without hesitation the application of all of the men.
    No. It wasn't the hitting. It was age and experience that mattered.

Leave a comment:

• pokechecker
    replied

With great accomplishments comes even higher expectations for next year. Who stays? Who goes?
    **NewsFlash**
    The NCAA has approved the request of several University of Minnesota Men’s hockey team members to transfer their eligibility to the University’s women’s team.

A spokesman for the NCAA said several commitee members were hesitant because they did not think the men could refrain from the physical play that is typical to the men’s game but is against the rules in women’s hockey. But in reviewing the NCAA championship game they approved without hesitation the application of all of the men.

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

With great accomplishments comes even higher expectations for next year. Who stays? Who goes?
Working...
X