Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

My guesses would be Rau or Kloos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      My guesses would be Rau or Kloos.
      I was hoping for Bredstedt, but now that he wasn't drafted, I am guessing not. I would guess those two or Fasching.

How many points do you think the third line will get this year?

Finally, an interesting thread might be a 'what is your team returning" one. Too lazy to start myself, but could set up a template of; 'how many point last year', 'how many points left and will return', 'Top 3-5 players in points last year and if returning', 'Top three D on team and if returning', 'additional info'. Then would have a place to see how each team looks and could generate discussion on conference favorites and NC contenders.

Oh, can't believe I forgot the category 'number of incoming drafted players'.

Comment

I haven't updated my spreadsheet in a while so it could be off, but here's my favorite part:
        UMN: 130 goals returning, 336 points returning
        uw: 33 goals returning, 99 points returning

For Michigan I had 61 goals and 163 points, but like I said it might be off now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
          I was hoping for Bredstedt, but now that he wasn't drafted, I am guessing not. I would guess those two or Fasching.

How many points do you think the third line will get this year?

Finally, an interesting thread might be a 'what is your team returning" one. Too lazy to start myself, but could set up a template of; 'how many point last year', 'how many points left and will return', 'Top 3-5 players in points last year and if returning', 'Top three D on team and if returning', 'additional info'. Then would have a place to see how each team looks and could generate discussion on conference favorites and NC contenders.

Oh, can't believe I forgot the category 'number of incoming drafted players'.
          Perhaps you should read Hammy's last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
            This board has gone way down hill over the years for a variety of teams.
            That's for sure. Many of the big-time tUMD posters (NSSHG, beersong, etc) either retired or moved on to other, smaller boards, for example. Same with the Techies (MeanEgirl, BeerPongHorn, etc), and also other various knowledgeable posters (Puck Swami [still makes me mad about that situation], con1977, Almington, etc).

My D1 reading has dwindled quite a bit over the past couple years due to that. This is probably the most "active" offseason I've had in quite some time.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
              Anyone have any thoughts on who will be the leading scorer this year?
              I think we will once again have balanced scoring throughput the lineup with no real #1 that is head and shoulders above others as far as scoring goes. We'll see I guess. But Kloos, Fasching and Rau should be towards the top of the scoring list.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Usual suspects for scorer: Rau, Warning, Kloos, Fasching. I certainly wouldn't count out our #2 point getter this year...Warning. Quite a few players could take a big step up this year. The only solid bet is M Reilly for top scorer at the point.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Goals will be hard to come by for the Gophers this year, with them being so slow-footed.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Goals will be hard to come by for the Gophers this year, with them being so slow-footed.
                    Is there a joke I'm missing in there somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Usual suspects for scorer: Rau, Warning, Kloos, Fasching. I certainly wouldn't count out our #2 point getter this year...Warning. Quite a few players could take a big step up this year. The only solid bet is M Reilly for top scorer at the point.
                      Correct, oops forgot to put down Warning as well.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        Is there a joke I'm missing in there somewhere?
                        I think just your average (which is being kind to burd) off-season smack.

Comment

19 year old Gabe Guertler has left the University of Minnesota to skate with the Soo Greyhounds. Should be top 6 right away.....https://***********/SeanLafortune
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Guertler was dismissed from the team. He didn't leave on his own accord.
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              I don't think we've ever won a title with more than three non-Minnesotans.
                              With Guertler gone... It's happening!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                                Guertler was dismissed from the team. He didn't leave on his own accord.
                                Based on his spotty performance last year I didn't see him becoming a top 9 forward this coming season. His leaving will only open up more ice time for the incoming frosh, who appear to have more potential to develop into top-6 forwards, so his absence should prove to be a good thing.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X