Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Re-enforces my cutting cable decision, if anything. Saves me more money.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Apparently the Gophers won't be part of Hockey Day Minnesota...
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

To quote a certain announcer no longer associated with the network:

Take a molotov cocktail to them.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

All that matters at my place is that there's a stream.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            All that matters at my place is that there's a stream.
            Don't count on it...
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I toss at least SOME money in some form every year to the hockey...not this year if this crap is true.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Rumors are swirling that only 18 games are going to be broadcast this season.

I, for one, don't buy it. But that's what's being said right now...
                I don't buy it either. If true it would be a HUGE departure from what's become the norm for decades.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I don't buy it either. If true it would be a HUGE departure from what's become the norm for decades.
                  It's sounding more and more like reality.

follow it here:
                  http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...=12285#p593732
                  Code:

Comment

From the sounds of it...MN is gonna go Ferguson on the bit. Yours truly included.

Comment

It's sounding more and more like reality.
                      Lots of conjecture; we'll see how it all pans out. I don't care so much about the home games, because I go to all of them, but I do want to see as many of the away games on TV as possible!
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I don't care much about the home games either, but if they can cut the home games you can be sure away games are next.
                        Code:

Comment

Surely this is a simple case of karma for talking crap about CBSSport's coverage... such a shame.

Comment

I may come to regret not getting "student" tickets this year if this is true....
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Say goodbye to TV. This one year after goodbye to consistent Friday/Saturday nights. Thanks, Barry.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Don't count on it...
                                Unfortunately, I'm not.

So from my count we had 35 regular season games last year.

FSN: Of those, 19 were televised by FSN or FSN+. With the 14 game rumor, that leaves another 5 games that wouldn't get scheduled.

BTN: BTN televised 9 games. Rumor has it BTN might drop to 3 games (although Pizzo really doubts that number). I recall reading an article from last spring saying that one of the associate commissioners at B1G was pleased with the first BTHC season and felt that they should get the league more resources, not less. But can't find it, and it still wouldn't mean that much. BTN streaming covered every game picked up by BTN and FSN from what I recall.

ESPN: ESPN picked up 3 games. Don't know how happy they were with the results. Seems to me that if BTN schedules more, that's a good sign for ESPN to pick up more...and vice versa.

NBC: NBC picked up 3 games. And last I checked they were extremely happy with the ratings of their Notre Dame game. Another wild card.

UM streaming: There was none. But the school did stream all women's hockey games as they weren't televised anywhere.

I don't have access to other boards this morning...but if I were king for a day (and had the time), I'd put together an initiative to get the U to start streaming games that aren't televised. They do it with many other sports.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X