Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014 Offseason: Resurrection's Over....Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014 Offseason: Resurrection's Over....Now What?

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Who gives s F if you were interested enough to look it up.

If he wasnt ready I doubt he would have had the success he did. Most points on team per minutes played etc.
    What success are you talking about? Nathan contributed very little on offense and less on D. He happened to be on a line with Dalen Hedges and picked up 3 assists in a game vs. Merrimack. He played in 4 more games and had 1 shot.

I had no interest in spending the time to locate him (which would have taken a minute or so) as he and his brother simply quit the team in mid season. I hope Cody had the good sense to pick up a diploma in May.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      What success are you talking about? Nathan contributed very little on offense and less on D. He happened to be on a line with Dalen Hedges and picked up 3 assists in a game vs. Merrimack. He played in 4 more games and had 1 shot.

I had no interest in spending the time to locate him (which would have taken a minute or so) as he and his brother simply quit the team in mid season. I hope Cody had the good sense to pick up a diploma in May.
      Since when is Hedges Paul Kariya??

Sounds to me like Hedges should have kept playing with him and he might have had some success

Comment

Since when is Hedges Paul Kariya??

Sounds to me like Hedges should have kept playing with him and he might have had some success
        He was that night. He's actually a pretty clever player. As a freshman 3rd line center, he went 8-14-22-8 with 4 GWGs. Not a bad start! Compare that with the much ballyhooed 1st round pick Mark Jankowski at Providence who was 7-11-18-10 with 2 GWGs playing with much stonger linemates as a freshman. Switch Hedges with Stevens (who centered Roy for most of the year) and he might have had 30 pts. He was kind of a hidden asset who didn't get a lot of notoriety with Pimm, Roy, and Szmatula having such productive seasons.

Comment

hedges 20 years old + as a freshmen, jankowski barely 18
          hedges 5'7", jankowski 6'4"
          fact much tougher for bigger guys as freshmen, think hayes bros

Comment

hedges 20 years old + as a freshmen, jankowski barely 18
            hedges 5'7", jankowski 6'4"
            fact much tougher for bigger guys as freshmen, think hayes bros
            Jankowski 1st round NHL draft pick, Hedges undrafted, barely heard of outside the COJHL

Jankowski - accomplished skilled linemates. Hedges - Nathan Ferriero and other frosh

Since when, all other things being equal does 5'7 have the upper hand vs. 6'4. Think Brian Boyle.

I know, I know. Hedges was closer to the ice and can see under the goalies's pads

Comment

Jankowski 1st round NHL draft pick, Hedges undrafted, barely heard of outside the COJHL

Jankowski - accomplished skilled linemates. Hedges - Nathan Ferriero and other frosh

Since when, all other things being equal does 5'7 have the upper hand vs. 6'4. Think Brian Boyle.

I know, I know. Hedges was closer to the ice and can see under the goalies's pads
              The Brian Boyle example actually strengthen's Hoky's case that bigger players struggle transitioning to D1. He had 8 points as a freshman and 52 as a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                The Brian Boyle example actually strengthen's Hoky's case that bigger players struggle transitioning to D1. He had 8 points as a freshman and 52 as a junior.
                very strange he does not grasp the concept

not sure how he had NF on his line when he was off team by dec and hardly dressed, another strange concept

Comment

To be fair, Hedges is still pretty much barely heard of (outside of this thread). At least he's consistent!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

very strange he does not grasp the concept

not sure how he had NF on his line when he was off team by dec and hardly dressed, another strange concept
                    Because at the beginning of the season Hedges played with both Nathan and Cody on a line that looked promising until JM broke it up due to Cody getting suspended and then concussed, and Nathan not playing well without his older brother.

Does not change the fact that Hedges did most of his damage against blah ECAC teams, and never did move up to the first line with Roy when he was desperate for a center that could give him the puck, yet was consistently saddled with the turnover prone Stevens.

But also does not change the fact that Hokydad is still upset that he was wrong on the bu transfer and seems out to prove HHound wrong, which he wont since HHound knows more in his pinky finger about the NU program then Hoky ever will, even though HHound typically falls for players from bad conferences who put up huge scoring numbers. Everybody has their kryptonite.

So Hoky, move back to the Comm Ave team threads where you belong.
                    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

A few of us Gopher fans have been checking out your website as our game against you won't be on TV. Is it true that we'll be able to stream the game for free? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        A few of us Gopher fans have been checking out your website as our game against you won't be on TV. Is it true that we'll be able to stream the game for free? Thanks.
                        Yes indeed. Just go to http://gonu.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey&tab=0 and click on the "video" button on the listing for that game (Event Calendar -- right side of the page). Not only is it free, but it's HD. Now, aren't we just the nicest people?
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Yes indeed. Just go to http://gonu.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey&tab=0 and click on the "video" button on the listing for that game (Event Calendar -- right side of the page). Not only is it free, but it's HD. Now, aren't we just the nicest people?
                          You are the nicest people. I bet those BC a-holes won't have a free stream for us. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            You are the nicest people. I bet those BC a-holes won't have a free stream for us. lol
                            Hey, we're a-holes for other reasons.

NU's free stream is very good quality too.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              ..... Now, aren't we just the nicest people?
                              It is true. You is
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X