Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where's your Holy Cross jersey now?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I find it interesting that Gopher fans continue to bring up this jersey subject and therefore indirectly bring up the Grand Forks Gopher Gack of 2006.
    I think you mean some Gopher fans. Or maybe literally a couple. Some people, though. If you had a bad breakup, you wouldn't say 7 or 8 years later, "Who can't get over my ex now!" Cause what's it make everybody think? That's right: "He's not over his ex!"
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

It was a pretty devestating loss at the time, and it certainly stung for a few years. Now it's just amusing when it is brought up. Goes to show that the Gophers losing means more to some people then their own team winning. I guess we're that important.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        That's actually a decent comeback Dubbs, except that one of your own started this thread.

I find it interesting that Gopher fans continue to bring up this jersey subject and therefore indirectly bring up the Grand Forks Gopher Gack of 2006.

I think some group therapy may be in order...

Oh yeah, and you could beat NoDak head to head every time you play them from now on and it won't erase that particular moment of infamy.
        Sourpuss.
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          It was a pretty devestating loss at the time, and it certainly stung for a few years. Now it's just amusing when it is brought up. Goes to show that the Gophers losing means more to some people then their own team winning. I guess we're that important.

Again, Dubbs, you guys (a few of you) bring it up just about as much as anyone else.

Also, I don't think that many people actually dislike the Gopher team or program as much as they dislike some of the pompous fans and enjoy the fails because it means that jackwagons will be disappointed and we won't have to hear from them for a bit.

Comment

The HC lacrosse jerseys are in Hamilton facing Colgate this afternoon.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              Goes to show that the Gophers losing means more to some people then their own team winning. I guess we're that important.
              Only in your head.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Did the miracle win Thursday do anything to make the holy cross loss NOT happen?

Ok, just checking
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Bahaha. Goophers.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                    Bahaha. Goophers.
                    lolol scholarships.
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

Happy must be out buying rope... no popped-collars climbing light poles in dinkytown tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        Happy must be out buying rope... no popped-collars climbing light poles in dinkytown tonight?
                        No, they still rioted in Dinkytown last night, only it was a "Loss Riot", which is a bit more subdued then a "We Won A Playoff Game Riot".
                        Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                        Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I hope to see a whole rash of gopher jerseys with .6 as a number when the no-names come to town in a few years.
                          So would that be their grade point average or IQ's? Good ol' karma.
                          0.6 = 0% chance of hanging number 6.
                          Last edited by icehawk; 04-13-2014, 08:27 PM.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            So would that be their grade point average or IQ's? Good ol' karma.
                            0.6 = 0% chance of hanging number 6.
                            Your obsession is cute.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It is pretty funny how fans going out and buying jerseys of another team because they beat a rival is acceptable, but poking fun at those fans for it is classless.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Your obsession is cute.
                                Indeed. That being the only post of his last 25 about the Gopher men's hockey team certainly proves that he is obsessed.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X