Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

I'm hearing Brad McClure is really blowing coaches away early on this year. Speedy with good hands, quick shot, great release.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      I'm hearing Brad McClure is really blowing coaches away early on this year. Speedy with good hands, quick shot, great release.
      Great news! Any guesses on where he fits, line combos, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Great news! Any guesses on where he fits, line combos, etc.?
        My guess is in an ideal world, McClure plays in McInnis spot to replace a goal scorer with another. It'll take time though, or does with most kids. My early guess on lines...At least to start the year.. It wouldn't surprise me to see LaFontaine back with Margonari and McClure on line two..

21 Grant - 18 Leitner - 9 Gervais
        25 Stepan - 23 Blueger - 12 LaFontaine
        19 McClure - 26 Margonari - 24 Knowles
        15 Franklin - 17 Huntebrinker - 8 Gaede

27 Stern - 7 Palmquist
        11 Flanagan - 5 Foguth
        4 Buchanan - 6. C Nelson

30 Huggins
        34 Williams

34-Huggins
        35-Williams
        AF 99

Comment

Caesar's Palace listed the Mavericks with the tenth best odds to win the NCAA Title, at 20 to 1.
          Which Mavericks do you mean?

Hey, how come I don't see former Omaha Lancer Luca Frigo on your roster at the link above?

Nice to see we are renewing our series but it was BS in my book that it had to have a one year hiatus, caused by reconferencing. It would have been nice to have still been able to say there was at least one team we'd played every year of our existence. Now, there is no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Hey, how come I don't see former Omaha Lancer Luca Frigo on your roster at the link above?
            Frigo had eligibility issues. He'll be playing pro hockey in Italy this year.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              Which Mavericks do you mean?

Nice to see we are renewing our series but it was BS in my book that it had to have a one year hiatus, caused by reconferencing. It would have been nice to have still been able to say there was at least one team we'd played every year of our existence. Now, there is no one.
              It will be nice to play UNO this year, no question. Two huge series for the Minnesota State to start the year.

As Maize said, he had trouble getting accepted into school and getting through the NCAA Clearinghouse.
              AF 99

Comment

Your 2014 Captains are Brett Stern and Chase Grant, assistants are Zach Palmquist and Carter Foguth. The Mavericks need a big year out of Foguth, I like this list
                AF 99

Comment

Your 2014 Captains are Brett Stern and Chase Grant, assistants are Zach Palmquist and Carter Foguth. The Mavericks need a big year out of Foguth, I like this list
                  Saw a lot of feistiness out of Foguth last year. He'll stand up for his teammates, that's for sure.

Comment

Season tickets should be showing up any day!
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Saw a lot of feistiness out of Foguth last year. He'll stand up for his teammates, that's for sure.
                      Definitely. Did I see you get retweeted by Buccigross yesterday?
                      AF 99

Comment

Definitely. Did I see you get retweeted by Buccigross yesterday?
                        Not me. I can't Twitter. I say way too many dumb things in the heat of the moment

Comment

Not me. I can't Twitter. I say way too many dumb things in the heat of the moment
                          Ahh okay. The person in question was currently living in Nebraska.
                          AF 99

Comment

Only 15 hours until the puck drops on the Mavericks 2014-15 season! Hopefully the Broadmoor trophy will be on display at the Verizon Center.

Comment

The Mavs are really fast. Great in transition.
                              AF 99

Comment

It's really hard to gain much insight when a game is that lopsided. 12-1 score, 53-5 shots on goal, and Trinity didn't get a single shot on goal in the third period, even though the Mavs stopped the aggressive forecheck for a large part of the third.
                                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X