Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

Well, back to back trips to the national tournament, but this team needs to take the next step and win it's first NCAA tournament game in school history.

A big thank you to this years four seniors, Zach Lehrke, Johnny McInnis, Josh Nelson, and Evan Karambelas. With that said, this team returns a ton of talent, 5 of its top 6 forwards, and all the defenseman who played down the stretch.

Palmquist announced he is staying for his senior season.

I have heard that two guys will be leaving the program; Mat Knoll and Taylor Herndon. No big suprises here, but if there was one, it would be Herndon. While I thought we'd have two goaltender commits, it looks like we only bring one in now, and now I expect Williams to stay.

Incoming recruits for the 2014-2015 season:

D Alec Vanko Chicago Steel (USHL)

F Josh French Hill-Murray HS (MN)

F Brad McClure Penticton Vees (BCHL)

F Max Coatta Penticton Vees (BCHL)

G Jason Pawloski Indiana Ice (USHL)

F CJ Franklin Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)

D Eli May Austin Bruins (NAHL)

F Ryan Schwalbe Salmon Arm (BCHL)

D Hunter Warner Fargo Force (USHL)

F Luco Frigo Omaha Lancers (USHL)

Watch for McClure to come in and contribute right away; he's absolutely tearing up the BCHL. Franklin should have a chance to have an immediate impact as well.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

Too bad about Knoll although I can't blame him. It's always tough when injuries play a part in kids' careers.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Re: Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks Offseason Thread: Yearning for More

Got a chance to see Franklin several times this year, and was very favorably impressed. Good in all facets of the game. Is Knutson also coming over next year from Sioux Falls? I thought his game was more one dimensional, more of a sniper, but there's some talent there.

Comment

It was a tough end to a fantastic season! They played amazing and just got beat by a good if not a great college goalie and a sound team!

They closed the season with a fantastic run and really needed to do that! The 4 seniors mentioned will be missed, even though Evan didn't play much he was a great guy!

Hopefully they can build off this and be exactly where Ferris was this year, a 2 seed or better in a more favorable region(geographically).

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          Got a chance to see Franklin several times this year, and was very favorably impressed. Good in all facets of the game. Is Knutson also coming over next year from Sioux Falls? I thought his game was more one dimensional, more of a sniper, but there's some talent there.
          Knutson will be coming in, but that's going to be a tough lineup for him to crack regularly.

Tough break for Knoll, and he's got plenty of competition oming in next year, so hopefully he can find a home elsewhere playing more regularly.
          AF 99

Comment

Thanks to Shirtless for putting this in the WCHA thread..

Hunter Warner is the 206th ranked player for this gear's NHL draft; about a sixth round pick.
            AF 99

Comment

Hopefully this time next year we are talking about the Black and Purple that invaded Fargo, ND and rolling right on through to Boston!!

Comment

Just wanted to say great season to the Maverick faithful. Watched you in the standing all year and was pulling for you to win the nWCHA crown. Close to that and you did get the tourney championship, so again, excellent on that.

I know we still get to play you in the NSC tourney but would love to see a regular matchup every year with you guys. I'd say come on over to the NCHC but the league is tough enough already.

Comment

Blais was extended through 2018. Hastings is here til then. Good news.
                  AF 99

Comment

CHN's Joe Meloni has the Mavericks at #7 in his "way too early" top 10 for next season.
                    AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      CHN's Joe Meloni has the Mavericks at #7 in his "way too early" top 10 for next season.
                      The good news about being ranked way too early is that we probably won't drop any lower for months.

Comment

I'm hearing that UNO and MSU will be playing a series in Omaha to start next year.

It's already public that the Mavericks travel to Duluth next October as well.
                        AF 99

Comment

Has anyone else received a phone call from a player thanking them about holding season tickets? Hastings just gets it. Having the players call various season ticket holders to show appreciation is absolutely awesome.
                          AF 99

Comment

Has anyone else received a phone call from a player thanking them about holding season tickets? Hastings just gets it. Having the players call various season ticket holders to show appreciation is absolutely awesome.

That IS a classy move!

Comment

Yep, there was a call from Leitner on my voice mail when I got home tonight.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                              X