Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about the above lineup... There are issues to be resolved...

I think the 2015-2016 team will be much improved at defense and should be able to score more goals with the growing maturity of Lafferty, Bird and Willman, and the addition of Brink, Marchin and Doherty. If the goaltending holds, the Bears could surprise.
    Uh-oh...I don't like the sound of "issues to be resolved." I hope no one is transferring.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

And let's not overlook the potential impact of forward Braeden Russell, a 2014 Bear recruit who sat out last year with concussion issues. I'm presuming he plans to resume his hockey career this coming season as his name is included on the 2015-16 roster. Braeden's pre-Brown resume is worthy of note:
      BRAEDEN RUSSELL 6'3" 210 lbs. from Oakville, Ontario. Played for the Surrey Eagles (BCHL) in 2013-14 [16 goals, 26 assists = 42 points in 42 games]. Also played for the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) in 2012-13.
      LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
        And let's not overlook the potential impact of forward Braeden Russell, a 2014 Bear recruit who sat out last year with concussion issues. I'm presuming he plans to resume his hockey career this coming season as his name is included on the 2015-16 roster. Braeden's pre-Brown resume is worthy of note:
        BRAEDEN RUSSELL 6'3" 210 lbs. from Oakville, Ontario. Played for the Surrey Eagles (BCHL) in 2013-14 [16 goals, 26 assists = 42 points in 42 games]. Also played for the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) in 2012-13.
        Russell looks quite promising. If he plays, does he get 4 years? I also note he is from Matt Lorito's hometown. I wonder if Matt was involved in his recruitment.

Comment

kDiff - With the announcement of incoming class, let's start the thread for 2015-2016.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Hutter;6167356]Russell looks quite promising. If he plays, does he get 4 years?

Yes, I believe so. He hasn't used any of his collegiate eligibility yet.
            LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

[QUOTE=bruno;6167419]
              Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              Russell looks quite promising. If he plays, does he get 4 years?

Yes, I believe so. He hasn't used any of his collegiate eligibility yet.
              Confidentiality rules don't permit me to get into the discussion of current players' health or academic status. Without getting into Braedan's specific situation, I can say that:

1. Brown does not permit an undergraduate student to register for a 10th semester unless that student is a candidate for the combined AB/ScB degree, which is a five-year degree.

2. The Ivy League allows a student athlete five years of eligibility from his/her matriculation date, but doesn't allow red-shirting. (For example, a student can take a year off from school in the middle of his/her studies, and still play as a senior. However, if a student takes two years off, he/she would lose one year of Ivy League eligibility.) A case in point is Brown basketball player Rafael Maia'15, who wasn't able to play his freshman year for reasons beyond his control, and graduated a couple of weeks ago. He has one year of NCAA eligibility left, and will be playing at the U of Pittsburgh as a graduate student. If he had stayed at Brown to do his master's degree, he wouldn't be allowed to play due to Ivy League rules. My understanding is Brown appealed to the Ivy League but lost. However, if he had been an AB/ScB candidate he would have been allowed to play under Ivy Rules.

3. Jeremy Russell's situation a few years ago was a good example of what I'm talking about. He didn't play during his third year due to an injury, but was allowed to play during his fourth and fifth years because he was an AB/ScB candidate.

Comment

The Brown 2015-2016 regular season schedule is out. I have it in .pdf format but don't know how to attach the .pdf to this message.

I'd be happy to type in the schedule once we started a new string.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                  The Brown 2015-2016 regular season schedule is out. I have it in .pdf format but don't know how to attach the .pdf to this message.

I'd be happy to type in the schedule once we started a new string.
                  Do you have some webspace where you can upload it, or even something like dropbox?

If necessary, you may e-mail me if you wish, as I have been handling the spreadsheet found on the Schedules thread. I'll ensure the data ends up there.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac...tet-st-georges

Tim Doherty has left Brown
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                    X