Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
    The officiating in that game was an abomination. Pretty much an embarrassment for the conference.
    I have to agree. Cornell was running interference all night but only got called a couple of times. The referees embarrassed themselves by allowing Mike Schaffer to question and ask for an explanation about essentially every call against Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
      Box score says 937 at game tonight. Inflated? BTW, does anyone know how many season tickets were sold?
      Probably fewer than the number of shots Brown took against Cornell.

Comment

Harvard is about the most favorable first-round matchup we could have had. We're seriously lucky we don't have to travel to Cornell, Colgate, Dartmouth or Clarkson. Harvard is a quick bus ride away, and they're reeling right now. There's a very good chance we can pull off the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          Harvard is about the most favorable first-round matchup we could have had. We're seriously lucky we don't have to travel to Cornell, Colgate, Dartmouth or Clarkson. Harvard is a quick bus ride away, and they're reeling right now. There's a very good chance we can pull off the upset.
          Agree. Despite the loss to Colgate last night, Brown played well. For the most part bottled up a very good Colgate team. But Colgate took advantage of the few breakdowns on D. Exceptional passing and discipline on offense. Watching Colgate twice this year live and a few times on TV, I can't believe that they only have a 4 seed.

BTW, at the end of the season we should have some discussion regarding what can be done about getting fans to Meehan. Attendance on a Saturday afternoon on Senior Night was terrible.

Comment

Kdiff - Thanks for the parking tip. Great spot. I arrived at 2:30 and there were plenty of open spaces. After walking down Thayer Street and coming back through, by 3:15 it was full.

Comment

Everyone over on the Harvard thread is looking ahead to a quarterfinal clash with Yale. Let's hope the team does the same.

Mike- glad to hear the lot worked out for you! I showed up at 3:40 or so, and basically had to create my own spot (I just parked in front of a snow drift). I've never seen it so packed! Usually, I have my choice of almost any spot in the lot.

Comment

Nice to see Tim Ernst get some recognition:

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-h...20150303nco0t5

Comment

I'm aware. I don't condone any of the extraneous stuff that Schafer does, but the officiating in that game was a travesty all-around. Far too common but it's not likely to change for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                    Nice to see Tim Ernst get some recognition:

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-h...20150303nco0t5
                    Wow, nice! It's been a while since one of our goalies has been the topic of discussion in a GOOD way.

Anyone making the trip to Cambridge this weekend? I figure with the basketball team deciding the Ivy League title next door on Friday and Saturday and the large number of Brown alumni in the Boston area, we have a pretty good shot at outnumbering the home fans! Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic- but the place is probably going to be pretty empty, and the Harvard band will almost certainly be next door. Maybe ours will show up?

Comment

T minus 34 hours and counting to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Anyone making the trip to Cambridge this weekend? I figure with the basketball team deciding the Ivy League title next door on Friday and Saturday and the large number of Brown alumni in the Boston area, we have a pretty good shot at outnumbering the home fans! Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic- but the place is probably going to be pretty empty, and the Harvard band will almost certainly be next door. Maybe ours will show up?
                        I can't make it Friday or Saturday, but can on Sunday. As believe the series will go 3 games, Sunday game should be a really good one. Brown takes series with win on Sunday. BTW, Brendan in an email has suggested Brown fans sit in sections 4 and 5 for the best seats in the house!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                          I can't make it Friday or Saturday, but can on Sunday. As believe the series will go 3 games, Sunday game should be a really good one. Brown takes series with win on Sunday. BTW, Brendan in an email has suggested Brown fans sit in sections 4 and 5 for the best seats in the house!!
                          ...so you can be jerks to the Harvard students and whine to the admins when you don't get your way?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            ...so you can be jerks to the Harvard students and whine to the admins when you don't get your way?
                            Yes, an incident that occurred almost a decade ago involving a handful (or less) of fans at one game that took place three hours from Cambridge is representative of the way the rest of the fanbase conducts itself.

Let it go, man! You guys bring this up every time we're playing you- and, apparently, now even when we aren't.

Comment

Yes, an incident that occurred almost a decade ago involving a handful (or less) of fans at one game that took place three hours from Cambridge is representative of the way the rest of the fanbase conducts itself.

Let it go, man! You guys bring this up every time we're playing you- and, apparently, now even when we aren't.
                              Said incident, plus the off-ice results of Freakout 1987, have confirmed your school's reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Said incident, plus the off-ice results of Freakout 1987, have confirmed your school's reputation.
                                That was almost 30 years ago. The current players weren't even born. Move on with your life! You want to talk about reputation? You make your entire fanbase look like whiny, petulant infants.

Comment

Working...
                                X