WCHA Realignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Realignment?

Consolidate your rumors, rants, wildly inaccurate speculations, and your most sincere hate for each other here. You're welcome Freddie.

I'll get it started. A conference with BG, Miami, and the Boat Rowers of Western Michigan is inevitable. Thoughts?
    BGSU Class of 2017

Re: WCHA Realignment?

NMU, Tech, Maine, Denver, Clarkson, and Vermont will break off and form the BIG SNOW conference...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The 45 League ... for all schools above 45 degrees of Latitude.

UAA, UA_, Duluth, NMU, MTU, Maine, NoDak, Bemidji and St. Cloud ...

And only 9 schools cos it divides into 45 ...

UAA and UA_ play each other 16 times a year (in a row) and then play everybody else only on their rink twice.
      Last edited by uaafanblog; 04-02-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        NMU, Tech, Maine, Denver, Clarkson, and Vermont will break off and form the BIG SNOW conference...
        Plagarism! My lawyer will call you tomorrow, and you'll be getting a C&D letter within 3 days.

I don't care about the so-called "30% different rule", we'll sue you into settlement anyway! Naturally, the eNeMaU grad cannot develop his own crazy ideas.

Comment

MN will somehow find a way and create the Conference Aligning Superior Hockey (CASH). Only MN schools allowed.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Plagarism! My lawyer will call you tomorrow, and you'll be getting a C&D letter within 3 days.

I don't care about the so-called "30% different rule", we'll sue you into settlement anyway! Naturally, the eNeMaU grad cannot develop his own crazy ideas.
            I used a comma in a different place, therefore I WIN
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
              Consolidate your rumors, rants, wildly inaccurate speculations, and your most sincere hate for each other here. You're welcome Freddie.

I'll get it started. A conference with BG, Miami, and the Boat Rowers of Western Michigan is inevitable. Thoughts?
              ARRRG! Now there's three threads on this subject.
              My head is exploding.
              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                ARRRG! Now there's three threads on this subject.
                My head is exploding.
                Good we need more WCHA threads. It is awesome.

Comment

The NCHC and WCHA will merge, creating the only Super-conference in American Collegiate Hockey. Schedules will reflect geographic and natural rivalries. Travel cost will spread out among teams, allowing for once every other year appearance for some sites. The league will have 2 divisions (very similar to previous conferences, Western and Central). Top 16 teams make playoffs in format to be determined. The Central conference will have Miami and WMU, but these teams start with -6 point to begin the season. 2 Western teams (TBD) shall suffer the same -6 point turncoat handicap. There will be NO SHOOT OUT WHATSOEVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatu View Post
                    The NCHC and WCHA will merge, creating the only Super-conference in American Collegiate Hockey. Schedules will reflect geographic and natural rivalries. Travel cost will spread out among teams, allowing for once every other year appearance for some sites. The league will have 2 divisions (very similar to previous conferences, Western and Central). Top 16 teams make playoffs in format to be determined. The Central conference will have Miami and WMU, but these teams start with -6 point to begin the season. 2 Western teams (TBD) shall suffer the same -6 point turncoat handicap. There will be NO SHOOT OUT WHATSOEVER.
                    I don't know if this is a joke or not, but a 16 team superleague isn't the worst idea I've heard of.
                    Good luck convincing anyone with any say in the matter, though.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Will never happen. No way anyone is giving up one autobid. Now, if you could get it to 18 teams...and form 3 separate conferences from them (all with 6 teams) and get 3 autobids...and have a scheduling agreement amongst the three "leagues"...it in theory, could work.
                      Last edited by beaverhockey; 04-03-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

3 separate 6-team conferences, each with their own auto-bid.
                        Call them whatever you like.

BG, WMU, Miami, Ferris, Mankato, Huntsville
                        Lake, NMU, MTU, Duluth, St Cloud, Fairbanks
                        CC, Denver, Omaha, NDak, Bemidji, Anchorage

Play each opponent in your own conference 4x (20 games) then either 1 opponent from each of the other conferences 2x (one home series, one away) for a 24 game schedule, OR 2 opponents from each of the other conferences 2x, for a 28 game schedule. All games among members of the three conferences count as conference games.

Conference by-laws include:
                        $50,000 fine to any school that accepts B1G contracts without 1-1 or 2-2 reciprocation.
                        1 million dollar exit fee
                        No shootouts

Somebody else can figure out what to do about conference tournaments.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Conference Tournament, First Weekend: #1 hosts #6, #2 hosts #5, #3 hosts #4 in a best two out of three at the highest seed.

Conference Tournament, Second Weekend:
                          -The three remaining teams are reseeded and play a round robin tournament at the highest seed remaining or predetermined venue.
                          -One game each, Thursday night at 7, Friday night at 7, and Saturday late afternoon at 5.
                          -#1 plays #3, #2 plays #3, #1 plays #2 in that order.
                          -No ties, a game goes until there is a winner.
                          -Two points for a win, zero for a loss.
                          -If two teams are tied at the end of the round robin, head to head result is the tiebreaker. If all three teams are tied at the end of the round robin, goal differential is the tiebreaker.

With one game of hockey per day, the ice should be in good condition and fans have more time to party it up before hand! The Saturday game would also allow some party time before people head on home.
                          Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 04-03-2014, 03:18 PM. Reason: Formatting and game times.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I think we should combine the Big 10, NCHC and WCHA and call it the Dead Horse League.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

[QUOTE=beaverhockeyfan;5939303]Conference Tournament, First Weekend: #1 hosts #6, #2 hosts #5, #3 hosts #4 in an best two out of three at the highest seed.

This should be the old system of 2 games-total goals; seeing a team leading by 1 goal pulling the goalie in desperation is a thing to see!

I l

Comment

Working...
                              X