• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Congrats to Connor for winning the Mike Richter award:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...PbL/story.html
    Connor Hellebuyck accepts the inaugural Mike Richter Award.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk85a-wIQAAtb0P.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk85qnOIgAEew8Y.jpg
    Last edited by boblav1; 04-11-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

That's a tough break for Chad. Rinaldo is one of those guys that plays on the edge. It will be interesting to see how many games he gets suspended for.
      I don't think it was noted, but he got four games for ending Ruhwedel's season.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I don't think it was noted, but he got four games for ending Ruhwedel's season.
        The NHL does a nice job explaining their ruling with those videos.

Speaking of the NHL, Brendan Shanahan will no longer be responsible for overseeing the League’s Department of Player Safety after accepting the position of President of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Stephane Quintal will replace Shanahan.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=713926

Comment

Having a fun conversation on Twitter about why Wilcox didn't win the Richter, but Hellebuyck did. I pointed out the numbers were better for one than the other, and the general response has been about how well Wilcox has played in the tournament. Basically disregarding that the voting probably was done prior. Good times.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I really liked this quote in the USCHO article written about the Richter award:

“I can go on for days about how much I love the guy,” Hellebuyck said. “I wish him the best of luck right now and believe he’s playing [for the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL] on Sunday. We battled really hard, but with that being said, we’re brothers now. http://www.uscho.com/2014/04/11/in-a...nding-partner/

Someone else mentioned this already I believe, but if Doug's debut is this Sunday, that game is going to be aired on NHL network. I believe the broadcast starts at 4:00pm.

Comment

“I can go on for days about how much I love the guy,” Hellebuyck said. “I wish him the best of luck right now and believe he’s playing [for the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL] on Sunday. We battled really hard, but with that being said, we’re brothers now. http://www.uscho.com/2014/04/11/in-a...nding-partner/
              This stood out to me as well, Hellebuyck's strong character and sense of team. The fact that his save percentage of .946 is the best in the HISTORY of college hockey is amazing. And while many of us are disappointed he left early and we're on edge a bit for next year, we all truly witnessed something special and amazing the last two years. Doyle, Demole, Delfino, MacCormack, Fillion, Hutton, Roloson, Carr, etc. have all been part of the proud goaltending tradition at Lowell through the years but nothing touched the performance of Hellebuyck the past two years. He will be missed and I truly hope he has a stellar pro career.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

One more honor for Hellebuyck - 1st Team All-American: http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...04/apr11aa.php
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Someone else mentioned this already I believe, but if Doug's debut is this Sunday, that game is going to be aired on NHL network. I believe the broadcast starts at 4:00pm.
                  Hopefully Doug gets the start today. The game starts at 4:00 pm on the NHL Network.

Edit: Doug will start
                  Last edited by boblav1; 04-13-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Hopefully Doug gets the start today. The game starts at 4:00 pm on the NHL Network.

Edit: Doug will start
                    He didn't do badly, wasn't helped much by his defense though in a shootout loss.

Nice article about Pendanza here.
                    Monty

Comment

Doesn't mean much obviously, but Lowell finished 5th in the USCHO Poll.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Doesn't mean much obviously, but Lowell finished 5th in the USCHO Poll.
                        Actually, what means more to me is thinking about all the players with NHL shots. Hutton's worked himself into the #2 position at Nashville. Ruhwedel, save the injury has been cycling back and forth between Buffalo and Rochester. Folin played in a game and looked like he belonged. I don't think we've had this much NHL chatter in awhile.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Actually, what means more to me is thinking about all the players with NHL shots. Hutton's worked himself into the #2 position at Nashville. Ruhwedel, save the injury has been cycling back and forth between Buffalo and Rochester. Folin played in a game and looked like he belonged. I don't think we've had this much NHL chatter in awhile.
                          Don't forget Hainsey, who just finished his 11th year in the NHL.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Fyi
                            view from 123 ‏@viewfrom123 10m
                            rt @kevinodandc: #amerks practice is over. Chad ruhwedel going for a skate now. First time on skates since april 6 concussion.
                            Monty

Comment

An early look at 2014-2015.

It looks like there's an issue with the 2013/14 records for some teams.

Comment

From the View from 123 site:
                                Connor Hellebuyck selected to the U.S. Men’s National Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X