UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Josh Holmstrom signs ATO with AHL’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
      Gambardella slightly reminds me of a Pendenza early in his career. Great wheels and energy but just needs to have the rest of his brain/body catch up with his feet. Would be great for Lowell if that ends up happening.

Could not agree more with the DCU. I will say they did do a nice job with the outer facade but the sightlines and inside of that place is still terrible. I think eating the 20 dollar bill I spent on food would have been better than what I consumed.
      They ran out of water at one of the stands near our section ... prior to the game on Sunday. As in before the game even started.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'm glad that so many of the seniors are going to the AHL. They deserve it.
        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
          I'm glad that so many of the seniors are going to the AHL. They deserve it.
          I would imagine they'll be back on campus in a few weeks to finish up school.

Comment

wild game is on nbc sports. was checking to see if folin was in there but he is not.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              wild game is on nbc sports. was checking to see if folin was in there but he is not.
              My guess is he doesn't play unless it's wrapped up... Sorta like when the AHL tried to get Gordie Howe in a game a decade back
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Off topic: My god is the DCU center an absolute dump. What an awful venue.
                I take that over the Nazis in the Gahden any day. At least you could make noise, the ushers had a sense of humor and you could move around. I will take that over the Gahden and needing to watch everything so you don't get kicked out any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  My guess is he doesn't play unless it's wrapped up... Sorta like when the AHL tried to get Gordie Howe in a game a decade back
                  The Wild play the Bruins on the 8th. Too bad the game is in Minnesota. I am sure it would have been a thrill for Folin to possibly play in the Garden with his new pro team when he was just there a few weeks ago winning the HE championship.
                  University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

While I am a little surprised you guys are done, have to say I have been ultra impressed with the way your program has looked and played the last few seasons. Nearly every time I've seen UML play I am amazed at how many things they do right and do well. Bazin is one of brightest and best coaches in the NCAA right now. At this point I think only bad luck will keep you from winning an NCAA title in the next few years. I believe you guys are a championship program. While unfortunate for the program, players leaving early is usually a sign of doing something right

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                      Flames are starting to look scarier down the line. Once JG goes there and with either Carr or Gilles they could be almost decent :P
                      From the PC thread...it appears Gilles will be back for another year.
                      Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      And Gilles will be back according to his twitter

https://twitter.com/jgillies32/statu...36894033481728
                      JG is a great college hockey player but i wonder how he'll do at the next level with his size.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        While I am a little surprised you guys are done, have to say I have been ultra impressed with the way your program has looked and played the last few seasons. Nearly every time I've seen UML play I am amazed at how many things they do right and do well. Bazin is one of brightest and best coaches in the NCAA right now. At this point I think only bad luck will keep you from winning an NCAA title in the next few years. I believe you guys are a championship program. While unfortunate for the program, players leaving early is usually a sign of doing something right
                        Thanks for the post. It's amazing the progress the program has made under Norm the past three seasons. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Comment

Hellebuyck makes CHN's Second Team.
                          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Thanks for the post. It's amazing the progress the program has made under Norm the past three seasons. Hopefully they can keep it going.
                            As Bob said ... thanks for the post.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Hellebuyck makes CHN's Second Team.

**** western hockey bias.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                From the PC thread...it appears Gilles will be back for another year.

JG is a great college hockey player but i wonder how he'll do at the next level with his size.
                                We can say the same thing about any college hockey player....
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X