• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Lowell Sun article: New faces, same goal for UML team

Comment

NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary 2015 Rankings has Jeff Smith as a C rated goaltender. Only Lowell player/recruit on the list.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I did not know they call the new building the Student Engagement Center. Maybe we should have fun renaming all the buildings with catchy new names that describe what their purpose is in new and more PC ways....I am sure you guys can come up with some good ones......

saw a link to the new opening and that is what the title was. Yep, really.
        Is that University Crossing where St. Joe's used to be or is this another new building on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          Is that University Crossing where St. Joe's used to be or is this another new building on campus?
          University Crossing.

http://www.uml.edu/News/press-releas...ing091114.aspx

Comment

Excited to see all these new buildings on campus!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimisj View Post
              Excited to see all these new buildings on campus!!
              I remember the atmosphere on campus when you were there... its been an interesting change. The students coming in now don't know the apathy of the student body.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Greg Amlong has been allowed to play for RIT this year, due to a "NCAA Rule." Not sure what happened to allow this, but good for him.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  I remember the atmosphere on campus when you were there... its been an interesting change. The students coming in now don't know the apathy of the student body.
                  When I was there the admin was the opponent. There was no customer service. If you survived it was despite the admin, not because of it. What a change! At Parent orientation this summer it was so Rah-Rah, Go TEAM I wasn't sure it was the right place

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Greg Amlong has been allowed to play for RIT this year, due to a "NCAA Rule." Not sure what happened to allow this, but good for him.
                    Same thing with Collier leaving BU and playing for NU this year. Apparently there is a loophole in the transfer requirements that allows for the old teams coach to "sign off" or something like that so the year wait is waived when the team releases him.

Hokydope was incredulous at first on Collier but proven wrong...again.
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      Remember the first two Hockey East tournaments in Providence and the athletic director at the time came to us and asked if we could sell playoff tickets out of the old Student Information Center in Southwick (in exchange for free tickets for us!). No athletic marketing at all per se so they relied on a few of us students to sell and promote. Crazy. Would even make signs promoting upcoming games at Tully and put them around campus. It's beyond night and day how that's all changed.

I even remember we voted in Student Senate to buy, out of student government money, three benches for in front of Southwick and then had to beg the facilities department to install them as absolutely nothing was ever done on campus for amenities. Now they're building multiple buildings and so much more and we had to actually buy benches as students.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Our season tickets finally arrived today...won't spoil the surprise and tell you what the "gift" is but the package also includes the lyrics to the fight song and a discount card. I do like the look of the tix...

Comment

Impressed with the nice surprise

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Impressed with the nice surprise
                            My surprise was that my brother appears on one of the Bring a Friend Night tickets. I had already known about the gift.
                            What did you say?
                            Who own the Chiefs?
                            What did he say?
                            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                              My surprise was that my brother appears on one of the Bring a Friend Night tickets. I had already known about the gift.
                              cool

Comment

Yes, I'm watching the 2013 and 2014 Hockey East Championships this morning. Don't judge me.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X