Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Well I guess the athletics survey to students last year came back saying we want a fight song.

http://goriverhawks.com/news/2014/9/...902145344.aspx

So now the question lies where does this fit in at the games (I guess?).
    I would assume start/end of game and during some on ice timeouts. They won't replace the Hey song after goals.

Comment

Lil wasn't impressed. he has his father's sense of cynicism

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Lil wasn't impressed. he has his father's sense of cynicism
        I haven't listened yet... In the middle of a move and other ridiculousness... That being said, it's going to be hard to reinvent the wheel in this day and age. I mean, I still laugh at UMass's 70s era turd.

Anything we get is going to be either forced or bland. Which is why my opinion has been that we wait until something good falls in our laps and not say, the best from a selected top 5 from a contract (I'm looking at you nike, Adidas, etc)
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          I haven't listened yet... In the middle of a move and other ridiculousness... That being said, it's going to be hard to reinvent the wheel in this day and age. I mean, I still laugh at UMass's 70s era turd.

Anything we get is going to be either forced or bland. Which is why my opinion has been that we wait until something good falls in our laps and not say, the best from a selected top 5 from a contract (I'm looking at you nike, Adidas, etc)
          The music is mostly OK. The unfurling the wings and curling the talons was a but much for me. If I was from another school....

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            The music is mostly OK. The unfurling the wings and curling the talons was a but much for me. If I was from another school....
            Well, death by marketing department groupthink is something to worry about... Like the tweet the schedule silliness

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I don't care for this at all.
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

The music aspect of it is fine, and the lyrics are typical fight song lyrics. I think it's fine, and if you can get a whole student section of 1000+ doing it, it'll look good and sound good. It'll grow on you like every other fight song (with the exception of Boomer Sooner because that is the worst song known to man).

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  The music aspect of it is fine, and the lyrics are typical fight song lyrics. I think it's fine, and if you can get a whole student section of 1000+ doing it, it'll look good and sound good. It'll grow on you like every other fight song (with the exception of Boomer Sooner because that is the worst song known to man).
                  Lil les is now a student. His response was, wellllll..... not positive

Comment

Lil les is now a student. His response was, wellllll..... not positive
                    Yeah, but he's been with the program for a bit, so he's jaded like most of the people on the board. I think it will play well with the students and just add to the atmosphere.

Comment

Lil les is now a student.
                      Wait ... what?
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Wait ... what?
                        And on the cross-country team: http://www.goriverhawks.com/roster.a...168&path=mxctf
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          Good Lord. I'm getting old.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Don't worry, the nurse will be along with your stewed beets later

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                              Yeah, but he's been with the program for a bit, so he's jaded like most of the people on the board. I think it will play well with the students and just add to the atmosphere.
                              As a student, (admittedly a senior) not a huge fan. That said if it got a few more freshman excited about going to games (and other athletic events) than you won't hear me complaining.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Wait ... what?
                                Considering I remember you as a stuent I don't think I need to hear about anyone being old...

And that roster is in the works. He actually does have a major and isn't undeclared. (Moral victory for the parents)

Comment

Working...
                                X