Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    I started going to Riverhawks games right after the Devils left so I never attended any AHL games at the Tsongas. I assume they weren't well attended?

It seems like the school buying the Tsongas and showing the AHL the door was a great move for UML hockey. I've got to imagine UML took a backseat to the AHL team and didn't have the access to the facility that they obviously have now. I've heard they practiced at the Tully Forum most of the time. Whenever the school posts the weekend preview videos, the clips of the practices always seem to be at the Tsongas, so I assume they don't go to the Tully much anymore.

Part of me still wishes an AHL team was in Lowell so I could go and watch guys like Doug Carr play when they come to town.
    Best thing to happen to UMass Lowell was AHL team going by the waist side. The P Bruins hurt attendance for Providence College hockey team. I'll admit to being a huge fan of college sports and prefer them over pro so I'm biased but I hope AHL never returns to Lowell. I've truly enjoyed covering UML's rise and it's a great story.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Best thing to happen to UMass Lowell was AHL team going by the waist side. The P Bruins hurt attendance for Providence College hockey team. I'll admit to being a huge fan of college sports and prefer them over pro so I'm biased but I hope AHL never returns to Lowell. I've truly enjoyed covering UML's rise and it's a great story.
      Completely agree with this.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Question for you guys, my parents are looking to get season tickets for next year. When are they available to order?
        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
          Question for you guys, my parents are looking to get season tickets for next year. When are they available to order?
          Already open.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            They're only $50? Honestly thought they would be more.
            I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
              They're only $50? Honestly thought they would be more.
              I believe that's just putting down a deposit of $50 for a ticket.
              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                I believe that's just putting down a deposit of $50 for a ticket.
                Okay that makes more sense. If they were only 50 I would be very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  That's too bad. That's a nice arena up there. Far better than the DCU. What's interesting is Worcester, Portland and Manchester are all affiliated with west coast teams. I know Portland has had issues with the Civic Center and I think moved their home games to the arena in Lewiston where they used to have a major junior team. Sounds like all three of those franchises could be gone in a few years.

I started going to Riverhawks games right after the Devils left so I never attended any AHL games at the Tsongas. I assume they weren't well attended?

It seems like the school buying the Tsongas and showing the AHL the door was a great move for UML hockey. I've got to imagine UML took a backseat to the AHL team and didn't have the access to the facility that they obviously have now. I've heard they practiced at the Tully Forum most of the time. Whenever the school posts the weekend preview videos, the clips of the practices always seem to be at the Tsongas, so I assume they don't go to the Tully much anymore.

Part of me still wishes an AHL team was in Lowell so I could go and watch guys like Doug Carr play when they come to town.
                  If the Kings move their affiliate west another team will move into Manchester fairly quickly. They are routinely among the league leaders in attendance.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

From the UML site: Connor Hellebuyck named MVP at annual team awards banquet.

Comment

Gus Coutu and Unsung Hero Award- Holmstrom
                      Perseverance award- Carr
                      MVP- Helly
                      Most improved- Campbell
                      Rookie of the yr- Kapla
                      Defensive player of the Yr- Kamrass
                      Connelly Award- Devin O'Connell
                      Harvey Chandler Award- Pendenza

Capt next yr Kamrass.

They were tweeting pics of the awards (I am not a tweeting person so have no idea how to access)

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Gus Coutu and Unsung Hero Award- Holmstrom
                        Perseverance award- Carr
                        MVP- Helly
                        Most improved- Campbell
                        Rookie of the yr- Kapla
                        Defensive player of the Yr- Kamrass
                        Connelly Award- Devin O'Connell
                        Harvey Chandler Award- Pendenza

Capt next yr Kamrass.

They were tweeting pics of the awards (I am not a tweeting person so have no idea how to access)

Figures someone would post a link after I typed all that

Comment

Coach said we're traveling to Colorado College and "a Christmas tournament in Minnesota" which I assume is the Dodge Holiday Classic. Harvard is also coming to Lowell, in addition to the previously announced Penn State, Michigan State, and Michigan. We'll also have a home and home with Quinnipiac.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                            Coach said we're traveling to Colorado College and "a Christmas tournament in Minnesota" which I assume is the Dodge Holiday Classic. Harvard is also coming to Lowell, in addition to the previously announced Penn State, Michigan State, and Michigan. We'll also have a home and home with Quinnipiac.
                            So, when does CC pay us back?

See you guys in Minneapolis
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

that makes this guy (who's currently at fort carson and a stones throw away from the arena) a very very happy guyto hear that
                              BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Anyone have dates for this Christmas Tournament? I will be exceedingly cranky if Mr les is gone for Christmas. I absolutely abhor this business of people having sporting events on big religious holidays. Sorry but sports are not more important than family. (I guess those are sacrilegious thought but there it is)

Comment

Working...
                                X