• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    Congratulations on making it to Lake Placid.
    Same to y'all. Bring a good crowd to Lake Placid

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied

Congratulations on making it to Lake Placid.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

Oh, hey, 20 wins after tonight's victory too.

This group continues to impress me with just how steady they are in just about any situation. With our youth, they never seem to get rattled or shaken by anything.

Leave a comment:

• Got 6, Want More
    replied

RPI played pretty well for stretches tonight. But SLU had better chances and scored on their chances and it was not as lopsided as the shots. Just a few comments:

Hayton 1 goal in 2 games. That's a good start to the playoffs and he had some huge saves in both games.
    Horn's goal tonight...I have not seen a shot like that since Greg Carey moved on. What a rocket.
    Great game by Marnell, Ward, and Horn.
    20 wins and a trip to LP is a good start. Hope we can make it count.

If I am thinking right, we can still play everyone left but Harvard and Q on Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• Muskieman
    replied

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    Sounds like SLU faced a tough test against RPI . . . and passed. See you next weekend!!!
    Passed with flying colors. See you in Placid. The Saints really earned this trip. Our balance, and fabulous goaltending, were the difference.

FWIW and FYI, Kyle Hayton allowed five goals in 28 shots at RIT in his collegiate debut. Just saying!

Leave a comment:

• Saints#1
    replied

Nice effort tonight by the guys and thank god there was no game 3!!! ... Now on to Lake Placid to play for the Championship! Bring it next weekend guys!! Let's Go Saints!!!

Leave a comment:

• Got 6, Want More
    replied

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    Dartmouth 4? That's a good line too.
    For a single line, yes, they'd be top 3. I was basing my ratings on on 12 forwards. I think we are the most balanced along with Colgate and Q. But in terms of just talent and sniping ability HU, UC and QU have a number of forwards each that can sift.

Leave a comment:

• TimU
    replied

Sounds like SLU faced a tough test against RPI . . . and passed. See you next weekend!!!

Leave a comment:

• Harp 34
    replied

Nice finish at home, way to go SLU.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

LAKE PLACID, HERE COME THE SAINTS!!!

Man, I wish I didn't have to work.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

Don't let this go 3 games. Don't let this go 3 games. Don't let this go 3 games.

No changes for our lineup tonight, I suppose to be expected. Let's punch our ticket tonight!

Leave a comment:

• bothman
    replied
    Originally posted by critsports View Post
    From what I heard....Harvard also is getting healthier. McNally played and I think another player or two that were injured or out of the line up are now back playing.
    1st time all season Harvard has full arsenal at forward. They now have 3 lines that can score. McNally not at 100%, but his vision, stick, and ability to lead the breakout and the PP are difference makers. Speed and changeover direction not back to normal, but candidly, Harvard just a different team when he plays.

Good luck to you guys tonight!

Leave a comment:

• TimU
    replied

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    For top line forwards I would put HU, UC and QU as 1, 2 and 3.
    Dartmouth 4? That's a good line too.

Leave a comment:

• critsports
    replied

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Okay. Thanks. No matter how you slice it, that is a tough way to lose. The OT part is bad, but a 3-1 lead that late is just a killer. U could come back, but they got to play one shift at a time for 120 minutes and put tonight out of their minds which will be next to impossible.

Even with Yale having the best defense in the country, their GAA is about the same as Vesey's PPG. Normally I'd bet on defense and the team that plays more as a team, but H has some really talented guys offensively. For top line forwards I would put HU, UC and QU as 1, 2 and 3.
    From what I heard....Harvard also is getting healthier. McNally played and I think another player or two that were injured or out of the line up are now back playing.

Leave a comment:

• slufan
    replied

I agree if Hayton doesn't make a few big saves the outcome could have been different! He looked sharp!! I thought Lough really skated and competed well last night. I thought his line with McGovern and Horn created a lot of pressure and gave our "D" a lot of good looks with traffic in front. Unfortunately our "D" really struggled to hit the net last night. I can't believe how many times they shot the puck high and wide...so frustrating!! Martin's goal was just a shot on goal with a good screen that the goalie never saw.

Our powerplay is awful! It just gives the other team the momentum. As my friend said, we would be better off declining it. Time to blow it up and try something different!

Hope we can finish off RPI tonight!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X