X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    http://www.wca*****/story/25792764/s...ionship-Monday

Congratulations to the Mill River Union High School Minutemen, 2014 VT Division 2 HS baseball champions. Some of you may recognize the reliever (and Saints hockey fan!) who throws the last pitch of the game.
    Neat, aka a guy named Mariano.
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Gavin ranked #48

12 21 Alex Tuch RW/C USA U-18 (USHL) Boston College 2014
      16 16 Sonny Milano LW USA U-18 (USHL) Boston College 2014
      17 17 Dylan Larkin C USA U-18 (USHL) Michigan 2014
      19 19 Nick Schmaltz C Green Bay (USHL) North Dakota 2014
      30 29 Jack Dougherty D USA U-18 (USHL) Wisconsin 2014
      38 27 Jack Glover D USA U-18 (USHL) Minnesota 2014
      42 61 Luc Snuggerud D Eden Prarie (HS-Minn.) Nebraska-Omaha 2014/15
      43 41 Joshua Jacobs D Indiana (USHL) Michigan State 2014
      44 44 Johnathan MacLeod D USA U-18 (USHL) Boston University 2014
      45 39 Shane Eiserman LW Dubuque (USHL) New Hampshire 2014
      47 60 Jake Walman D Toronto JC (OJHL) Providence 2014
      48 115 Gavin Bayreuther D St. Lawrence (ECAC)
      57 32 Ryan Collins D USA U-18 (USHL) Massachusetts-Lowell 2014
      58 54 Ryan Donato C Dexter School (HS-Mass.) Harvard 2015
      61 78 Matthew Berkovitz D Ashwaubenon (HS-Wis.) Wisconsin 2015
      63 63 Brandon Hickey D Spruce Grove (AJHL) Boston University 2014
      66 62 Warren Foegele LW St. Andrews (HS-Ontario) New Hampshire 2014

Comment

Here's a story from today on Bayreuther and the 2014 NHL Draft: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...ar-rapids-ushl
        SLU '97

Comment

Reminder that rounds 2-7 of the NHL Draft take place today, starting at 10 a.m. One would think that Bayreuther will be drafted before noon.
          SLU '97

Comment

Hawks trade Bollig to Calgary for their 3rd round pick (83).

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Hawks trade Bollig to Calgary for their 3rd round pick (83).
              Just saw.........I think (unfortunately) it will be a bounce around career for him from here on out. Tough way to make a living but I'm sure anyone would take it at those pay numbers. I know Quenville really liked him but at that level....it is a numbers game and Chicago needed to make room for not only cap space but other players.
              SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                Reminder that rounds 2-7 of the NHL Draft take place today, starting at 10 a.m. One would think that Bayreuther will be drafted before noon.
                He went undrafted.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  He went undrafted.
                  Completely senseless. He'll be a top college free agent in the coming years, with the option of choosing where he wants to go.

Comment

Let's not kid ourselves here, often times being drafted in the later rounds can be very political. So maybe he didn't attend camp or something when he was younger, who knows? But you're right, he will be able to sign with any team and choose where he wants to go.
                    Last edited by Saints17; 06-28-2014, 02:50 PM.
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                      Let's not kid ourselves here, often times being drafted in the later rounds can be very political. So maybe he didn't attend camp or something when he was younger, who knows? But you're right, he will be able to sign with any team and choose where he wants to go.
                      Didn't he get arrested when he was in the USHL? Think that could be the reason.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I think what ended up hurting him was that he is an overager. I thought with his numbers and final rankings it would be enough to get him drafted. In the end, he'll likely earn more money as a F.A. when he moves from college to the pros.
                        SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Yes he did which caused him to be traded to Fargo. It was shoplifting from a store in Coralville Iowa

He played with Cedar Rapids (where I live) to start the year.

Just a dumb move by a good kid. Comes from a great family. I have gotten to know his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Doubt that had anything to do with it at all. Look at Anthonly DeAngelo who got drafted in the first round....he was suspended multiple times for "slurs". What I want to know is how Brown had three guys get picked!!!!

Brown????
                            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                              Doubt that had anything to do with it at all. Look at Anthonly DeAngelo who got drafted in the first round....he was suspended multiple times for "slurs". What I want to know is how Brown had three guys get picked!!!!

Brown????
                              I doubt it as well. He will cash in later as a F.A.

Brown has three recruits selected and we have none. That dumbfounds me more than Gavin not being selected. That said, Brown is nonetheless on the upswing and I see them in the top-4 when the RS ends. Will never figure the ECAC out.
                              GO SAINTS.

Comment

The Saints have landed a new recruit for 2015-2016. Sam Kauppila, a forward, of the NAHL Austin Bears. In 42 games played last season he had 10 goals, 5 assists for 15 points.

Here is some more info on him: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=160956
                                SLU '97

Comment

Working...
                                X