This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Also taken in the USHL dispersal draft was SLU recruit '15 Michael Ederer. Ederer was a prospect for the Indiana Ice and played last season for the Buffalo Junior Sabres of the OJHL. He was selected in the 2nd round of the dispersal draft by the Youngstown Phantoms.
    SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
      SLU recruit '16 Bailey Conger who played for Cushing Academy this past season has been drafted by the Bloomington Thunder of the USHL. Next season will be the Thunder's first and they used their 13th pick to take him. Conger had 14 goals, 27 assists for 41 points in 30 games last season for Cushing.
      Conger is a player I am worried about losing with the LOI / Verbal commitment change. He is a great young prospect. Hopefully, he stays true to his commitment. Don't know whether he will stay at Cushing for another year or head out to the USHL for his junior season.

Pritchard is expected to be another Matt Carey type with, evidently, better defensive zone habits. Plus 23 is pretty good.

I am still stunned that Ray Shero was fired. That's just stupid beyond belief. Pittsburgh can suck it henceforward. I think he did everything he could do as a GM except fire the coach which probably should have been seriously considered after the previous seasons playoff meltdown.
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
        Conger is a player I am worried about losing with the LOI / Verbal commitment change. He is a great young prospect. Hopefully, he stays true to his commitment. Don't know whether he will stay at Cushing for another year or head out to the USHL for his junior season.

Pritchard is expected to be another Matt Carey type with, evidently, better defensive zone habits. Plus 23 is pretty good.

I am still stunned that Ray Shero was fired. That's just stupid beyond belief. Pittsburgh can suck it henceforward. I think he did everything he could do as a GM except fire the coach which probably should have been seriously considered after the previous seasons playoff meltdown.
        Pittsburgh issue not with GM or Coach.....it's goaltending.

Be interesting to see how not honoring verbal agreements will impact SLU as kids shine and larger schools take notice.

Comment

Bothman- I, as well, was thinking the same thing regarding the lack of honoring verbal agreements will impact us now. However I do believe the kids are sold on SLU since they have committed. The coaching staff will be up for the challenge of keeping what we have, I think the true impact could be felt down the road.
          As far as Pittsburgh, I think the probably is Sid the Kid. Best talent in the game? Without a doubt, however I read somewhere he wasn't happy with everything. So the GM has to go? I never cared for the Pens anyway. GO LEAFS GO!
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            Bothman- I, as well, was thinking the same thing regarding the lack of honoring verbal agreements will impact us now. However I do believe the kids are sold on SLU since they have committed. The coaching staff will be up for the challenge of keeping what we have, I think the true impact could be felt down the road.
            As far as Pittsburgh, I think the probably is Sid the Kid. Best talent in the game? Without a doubt, however I read somewhere he wasn't happy with everything. So the GM has to go? I never cared for the Pens anyway. GO LEAFS GO!
            If a SLU commit is offered a 2 for 4 (2/4) and some other, similar, school offers a 4/4, does the kid jump? It's a slippery slope, especially with the age of commits getting younger and younger.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I do think it's important to note that after the news broke about Minny and the big school saying they were opting out, College Hockey News had a follow up article:

Coaches' Gentleman's Agreement Remains As Is, For Now - "Officially, however, the Gentleman's Agreement on verbal commits remains the same."

Link here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._agreement.php
              SLU '97

Comment

What about a D-I raiding a player who has committed (and admitted via ED) to a D-III school??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

One other addition to the incoming class - Patrick Steinhauser, LW, Plymouth, MN from Aberdeen Wings of NAHL. I think he and Sullivan were late pickups partly for a body to file the hole left by Matt Carey. BUT, I am guessing he may have a history with Christian Horn as they are both about the same age from Plymouth, MN.

So the incoming class is 9. 7 Americans and 2 Canadians . 3 D, 1 G, and 5 Forwards

Mitch Eden, D, Toronto, Ont - Prince Albert (BCJHL)
                  Nolan Gluchowski, D, Detroit, MI - Sioux Falls (USHL)
                  Kyle Hayton, G, Fairibault, MN - Sioux City (USHL)
                  Christian Horn, RW, Plymouth, MN - Sioux Falls (USHL)
                  Ryan Lough, C, Ottawa, ON - Green Bay (USHL)
                  Mike Marnell, RW, Long Island, NH - Des Moines (USHL)
                  Matt Purmal, D, Merrill, WI - Green Bay (USHL)
                  Patrick Steinhauser, LW, Plymouth, MN - Aberdeen (NAHL)
                  Joe Sullivan, C, Las Vegas, NV - Indiana Ice (USHL)

After reflecting on the whole conversation about Verbal Commitments versus LOI's, etc., I thought I would point out what a ******** hypocrit Don Lucia is. He says he is so worried about players getting mistreated and screwed over in the recruiting process but he is the one that isn't willing to help Christian Horn get at least one of the two years of eligibility back for playing two exhibition games in two seasons at Minny. Yeah, he cares about players - NOT. He cares about stocking his shelves and will screw any one, player or team, to do it. They already have every advantage like BC and they already poach committed recruits like BC. Only difference now is they are saying publicly that they are going to do it. Hope all the Minny recruits know they are going to play for a ********, hypocrit, who will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat and take the next guy in line. I used to sorta like Minnesota and even though Doug Woog never won them an NCAA championship, he was a decent guy. But now it adds to the sweetness than Union beat them with a better team with no scholarships and academics about 100 times tougher than Minnesota. Minnesota have been added to the list of Q-Suck, BC, Michigan and Princeton who can't lose enough.
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    ........ Minnesota have been added to the list of Q-Suck, BC, Michigan and Princeton who can't lose enough.
                    So I guess you are now a fan of Clarkson Hockey
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      So I guess you are now a fan of Clarkson Hockey
                      Like we CCT fans who root for SLU except for 4 knights a year.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Lecksterm thanks for the heads up on Patrick Steinhauser. Here is the announcement from his NAHL team: http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11282

Last season's stats for him were: 44 GP, 6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points.
                        SLU '97

Comment

Back row, 2nd from left. 1937 SLU wrestling
                          http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp0CS92CEAEjpb4.jpg

Thanks Cap!!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

http://www.wca*****/story/25792764/s...ionship-Monday

Congratulations to the Mill River Union High School Minutemen, 2014 VT Division 2 HS baseball champions. Some of you may recognize the reliever (and Saints hockey fan!) who throws the last pitch of the game.
                            Last edited by TimU; 06-17-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                              http://www.wca*****/story/25792764/s...ionship-Monday

Congratulations to the Mill River Union High School Minutemen, 2014 VT Division 2 HS baseball champions. Some of you may recognize the reliever (and Saints hockey fan!) who throws the last pitch of the game.
                              Congrats Tim! Glad to see your son close the door. Very exciting and I hope to see him pitching for the Saints soon!
                              SLU '97

Comment

Well, the off-season is nearly half over and October will be here in a flash.

So, I wanted to start some discussions here about next season. We lost both Carey's, and several others to graduation, and it remains to be seen if #7 goes pro after he assuredly gets drafted this weekend. Whether Gavin leaves or not, there's a lot of talent - and scoring - that needs to be replaced. My thoughts at this point are that the '14-'15 team goes as far as its PK, defense, and goaltending takes it. Not to be negative, but a top-4 RS finish appears to be a stretch. Thoughts by others?
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X