This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

A bit more than 13 hours to get your picks in. Remember 7PM Friday is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      http://www.gofundme.com/bringjackback

Jack Flanagan fundraising campaign, details listed on the page. Just thought I'd pass it along to you guys.
      Prayers for Jack and his family.
      SLU '97

Comment

From this morning's WDT: Ward’s emergence has been key for Saints - http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...aints-20150313
        SLU '97

Comment

Well Round 1 to the Burgermeister and the Saints. One more boys!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOO Martin with a last minute goal to give us the game 1 victory, and Hayton a shutout!

Funny thing: I felt Hayton was due for a shutout this past week.

We didn't start out pretty, but controlled the final 30 minutes by a good bit. Now the hardest victory of any playoff run: ending another teams season.

Comment

Wow, what a game and wow what a finish! We played pretty rusty in that 1st period (which is to be expected). I said that if we make it through that 1st period, we would be good tonight in the end. We definitely picked it up in the 2nd and even more so in the 3rd. I knew it would only be a matter of time before we finished it off and boy did they get that one right in the knock of time! ... One other point is that I was rather impressed with the turnout by the fans tonight. Normally the uptick in ticket prices and the students on break makes Appleton mostly empty, but tonight it was nearly full and the crowd made a lot of noise at times. Let's finish this one off tomorrow and head on to Lake Placid. Way to go Saints!!!
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Huge win and stellar performance by Hayton, Thompson, Dahl, Marnell, Gluchowski, Sweetman and, of course, Martin. So thrilled to see him get that goal, but honestly if Hayton doesn't stop the SH breakaway on McGowan in the 1st it would probably be a different outcome. Glad to see him rob the same kid that got the PS gamewinner two weeks ago on what I thought was a crap call. The energy the team got from the kill just minutes before the goal tonight was a big key. Thompson was a stud on that kill. Pretty obviously we got better as the game went on and pretty clearly they got more tired and started taking liberties that should have been called.

If these results hold we will get Colgate. Kind of stunned by the outcome between U and Q. How do you give up 2 goals and a PP in the last 2 minutes with a 2 goal lead. Sure hope the ref didn't screw Union but seems like there is a chance that happened. I really thought Union was going to go in and sweep, but now they are likely going to lose that series. It's hard to come back from that kind of loss. Only wild card in my mind is if we can get better tomorrow and put it away with our foot on their throat and if Yale can come back. Yale is a better team defensively, but I am not sure they have anyone to stop Vesey.
                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                  Sure hope the ref didn't screw Union but seems like there is a chance that happened.
                  Blatant too many men penalty.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Only wild card in my mind is if we can get better tomorrow and put it away with our foot on their throat and if Yale can come back. Yale is a better team defensively, but I am not sure they have anyone to stop Vesey.
                    Yale also has that offense issue to worry about. Not a whole lot of firepower in New Haven.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Blatant too many men penalty.
                      Okay. Thanks. No matter how you slice it, that is a tough way to lose. The OT part is bad, but a 3-1 lead that late is just a killer. U could come back, but they got to play one shift at a time for 120 minutes and put tonight out of their minds which will be next to impossible.

Even with Yale having the best defense in the country, their GAA is about the same as Vesey's PPG. Normally I'd bet on defense and the team that plays more as a team, but H has some really talented guys offensively. For top line forwards I would put HU, UC and QU as 1, 2 and 3.
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Sure hope the ref didn't screw Union but seems like there is a chance that happened.
                        After what they've gotten away with for years (especially vs. us), they deserve it.

Comment

I agree if Hayton doesn't make a few big saves the outcome could have been different! He looked sharp!! I thought Lough really skated and competed well last night. I thought his line with McGovern and Horn created a lot of pressure and gave our "D" a lot of good looks with traffic in front. Unfortunately our "D" really struggled to hit the net last night. I can't believe how many times they shot the puck high and wide...so frustrating!! Martin's goal was just a shot on goal with a good screen that the goalie never saw.

Our powerplay is awful! It just gives the other team the momentum. As my friend said, we would be better off declining it. Time to blow it up and try something different!

Hope we can finish off RPI tonight!

Comment

Okay. Thanks. No matter how you slice it, that is a tough way to lose. The OT part is bad, but a 3-1 lead that late is just a killer. U could come back, but they got to play one shift at a time for 120 minutes and put tonight out of their minds which will be next to impossible.

Even with Yale having the best defense in the country, their GAA is about the same as Vesey's PPG. Normally I'd bet on defense and the team that plays more as a team, but H has some really talented guys offensively. For top line forwards I would put HU, UC and QU as 1, 2 and 3.
                            From what I heard....Harvard also is getting healthier. McNally played and I think another player or two that were injured or out of the line up are now back playing.
                            SLU

Comment

For top line forwards I would put HU, UC and QU as 1, 2 and 3.
                              Dartmouth 4? That's a good line too.

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
                                From what I heard....Harvard also is getting healthier. McNally played and I think another player or two that were injured or out of the line up are now back playing.
                                1st time all season Harvard has full arsenal at forward. They now have 3 lines that can score. McNally not at 100%, but his vision, stick, and ability to lead the breakout and the PP are difference makers. Speed and changeover direction not back to normal, but candidly, Harvard just a different team when he plays.

Good luck to you guys tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X