X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    You could be right. But then I wonder why the heck is Chip MacDonald still a ref in this league without Uncle Paul to put him on the schedule.
    Perhaps the Murphies are unavailable? Not that that's a bad thing...

Comment

Can't wait to hear the replies of the SLU faithful after they read the comments about SLU in this story. Have at it Got6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...150735450.html
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Oh myyy!!
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Can't wait to hear the replies of the SLU faithful after they read the comments about SLU in this story. Have at it Got6.

I hope that 'Carvy and staff put this article on the Bulletin Board going forward.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

That guys is a troll and his twitter handle is "your team sucks, your program sucks and you suck". Don't waste your time. He hasn't seen any of the teams play and bases it solely on statistics. Statistically, we look like crap against Miami but it was early in the season, we are a young team and we still split and a win is a win.

Yahoo should not give people like this a voice. I agree with virtually nothing he says even bashing Garteig who has had a good season. I only agree with him on Eichel but that is pretty obvious. He has been the most dominant player in college hockey. I have one quip I will not put up here that was made by Jack Parker to Joe Marsh about Eichel that says it all.

Lambert is a troll, an ******* and a know nothing. Bob McKenzie he ain't.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Isn't Bob Mckenzie an SLU alum and had a kid playing there ? Getting old and forgetfull.

Comment

Well, that's certainly nothing to get worked up about. It's stupid. To this point they've played a 32-game, pretty good quality D1 schedule. They're 18-11-3. They swept Ylae, Harvard, Dartmouth, and Cornell. They are first in the conference in GF, and third in GA. Every single skater on the roster has scored a goal. They have one of the top defenses, and PKs, in the NCAA. If this guy wants to try and convince people that can happen via blind luck . . . whatever, dude. See how many people take you seriously.

I think lots of people were skeptical of SLU for at least the first half of the season. They're young, and last year's team was awful on defense and graduated most of its offense. But as of now, if you think SLU is not good, you're flat out dumb or just trying to stir up ****.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Isn't Bob Mckenzie an SLU alum and had a kid playing there ? Getting old and forgetfull.
                  Hi is not an alum, but his son Mike played 4 years at SLU graduating in 2010 (I think) and he is a proud member of the Saint family. And he is the best hockey journalist in the biz.

Comment

Agree with what's been said, I was chuckling reading that drivel myself. 32 games is a large enough sample size to find trends, and disregard any "luck" factor.

We're a pretty darn good, but not quite great, team. Should the stars align and the boys make the NCAA tourney, I reckon that a top seed will be on alert.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

The writer is apparently under the mistaken assumption that hockey games are scored by time of possession rather than goals for and against. Feel sorry for him. Maybe they should remove the nets.
                      St. Lawrence University
                      World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                        Hi is not an alum, but his son Mike played 4 years at SLU graduating in 2010 (I think) and he is a proud member of the Saint family. And he is the best hockey journalist in the biz.
                        Thanks, I'm shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                          The writer is apparently under the mistaken assumption that hockey games are scored by time of possession rather than goals for and against. Feel sorry for him. Maybe they should remove the nets.
                          This piece, I think, was a spectacularly poor attempt to handicap the ECAC playoffs based on the author's perception of advanced metrics. There is truth in the adage, "when you have the puck, your opponent can't score," but that doesn't mean that you are necessarily scoring either. He points to Yale, a team St. Lawrence beat twice and has outscored 7-2 this season, as being "at least a good possession team in its own right." Fine, but they're still three games in the win column and four points behind SLU.

Attributing SLU's season to mere "luck," as Lambert does, is a big stretch, especially since he doesn't further support that statement. How exactly was SLU lucky? Lucky that they got a couple bounces? Won a few games in OT? That Kyle Hayton is the best freshman goalie the Saints have seen since Derek Gustafson?

Maybe they're lucky to have a penalty kill running at 88.6 percent (117-for-132) and have a +30 goal differential - but people who know the game also know figures like that don't come from being lucky, they come from coaching and work ethic.
                          St. Lawrence '02

Comment

That just plain stink, stank, stunk!!!

Basically the only thing that loss did for us records and future wise was all but put the final nail in the coffin for our NCAA tournament hopes. We now need to win the ECAC tournament or we are more than likely done! ... However, the bigger problem that I got from tonight's loss was that we looked like the St. Lawrence team of December. That my friends is NOT good going forward!
                            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I can tell you having sat through that game it was a wretched performance in the third. Second wasn't much better. Yes, now we will have to win in Lake Placid to play on. Very unfortunate loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSaint View Post
                                I can tell you having sat through that game it was a wretched performance in the third. Second wasn't much better. Yes, now we will have to win in Lake Placid to play on. Very unfortunate loss.
                                How was the officiating? When it is that lopsided you have to wonder! Good calls? Screw job? Or???? We gave up 3 PP goals.

I will say this about this team. I like being the underdog much better. I think the second this team starts thinking they are all that, they are not. That is not a winning mentality for just about anyone but the Canadian Olympic team.

Comment

Working...
                                X