This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Coach Carvel just tweeted a tidbit that may not be public knowledge yet: Sounds like the Saints will be making a summer European trip, similar to what Colgate did a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      Coach Carvel just tweeted a tidbit that may not be public knowledge yet: Sounds like the Saints will be making a summer European trip, similar to what Colgate did a couple years ago.

It has been in the works for awhile now.......team will be headed over to play some games. As I understand it, there are restrictions which I think only allow this year's players to go and play.....I don't think the incoming freshman can go (but I could be mistaken.)

More importantly, there is a fundraising effort underway to "sponsor" players. Anyone wishing to donate or sponsor a player can make a donation (contact coach Carvel for details) and I am told that each player will be hooked up with their sponsors and send e-mail updates about the trip, etc.
      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
        It has been in the works for awhile now.......team will be headed over to play some games. As I understand it, there are restrictions which I think only allow this year's players to go and play.....I don't think the incoming freshman can go (but I could be mistaken.)

More importantly, there is a fundraising effort underway to "sponsor" players. Anyone wishing to donate or sponsor a player can make a donation (contact coach Carvel for details) and I am told that each player will be hooked up with their sponsors and send e-mail updates about the trip, etc.
        You're correct. Returning players (including graduated seniors) can make the trip. Also, it allows up to 10 practices before departure as well.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...opean-vacation

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          I agree that, if RIT comes in, Cornell will be their travel partner. Colgate/Union, and then RPI/Princeton? It's longer from RPI to Princeton, but then you keep the remaining travel partners together, which I would guess is of coin-flip importance to the big wig's. (For reference- approx 2.5 hours from Troy-Hanover, 3 Troy-Princeton. Also, it's essentially 3 from Princeton to Quinnipiac right now).

If Holy Cross were to come in, pair them with Brown, and Yale moves with Princeton. Everything else remains as is.
          Here's a thought: What if Princeton and Cornell were to be travel partners, and then Colgate/RIT? Only about 4 hours from Cornell to Princeton (possibly less given the new speed limit along I-380), and then 2, maybe 2:15, between RIT and Colgate.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            To the Saints who gave me positive rep...

I'm touched. Remember, the North Country sticks together in thick or thin -- until we meet each other on the ice. Then all bets are off.

Gotta run, my job at McDonalds is calling....
            Joe you are a class act....and I am counting on you using that engineering degree to automate the burger flipping to reduce labor costs.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post

This is such a great thing for team building and team chemistry. It's a bummer that incoming freshmen can't go but, especially if this roster keeps rolling, it will be a great even for the current roster. That picture looks awesome. I want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                Joe you are a class act....and I am counting on you using that engineering degree to automate the burger flipping to reduce labor costs.
                Accounting major. I count the burgers.
                a one
                a two
                a three
                a four
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                  Not so fast my friend, I will have them signing union cards before you cash in on the back of labor.
                  LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                    Not so fast my friend, I will have them signing union cards before you cash in on the back of labor.
                    Great Paiger. Then we can have even more unemployed Clarkson grads! ;-)

Comment

Saint Lawrence was quite a good looking team this past week end. Not only did you spank us, you showed us how hockey should be played : Solid defense at the blue line, good forwards capable of skating the puck, good goalie, good chemistry on the ice, quality players all around. Very nice.
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

George Clooney plays hockey ???
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          George Clooney plays hockey ???
                          He's hot right now and on one heck of a scoring streak. He knows how to score from anywhere!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Last I heard, George Clooney was down in Washington with Congress and they were gonna solve that thing. At least, that's what Rick Sutcliffe told me.
                            St. Lawrence '02

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Accounting major. I count the burgers.
                              a one
                              a two
                              a three
                              a four
                              But, who flips them? LMAO.
                              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                                But, who flips them? LMAO.
                                He counts them while he flips them.

Comment

Working...
                                X