X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
    Sullivan reminds me of another of my favorite Saints---------------- Joe Day, who was a crowd pleaser for sure.
    I wish. Joe Day was one of the toughest kids to ever play at SLU, hit like a truck, and had 150 career points. But the obvious effort by Sullivan is worthy of comparison. I might be more apt to compare to Sean/Mike Muir or a guy like Robin Carruthers. Bottomline is that he gives a great effort and is part of an obvious chemistry that was lacking last year and important part of why we are at the top of the standings so far.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
      After our game had ended and during the UMass-Lowell at Notre Dame broadcast on NBCSN, Pierre McQuire stated the UML was second in the country with 19 different goal scorers and that SLU, led by second-yr. coach Greg Carvel had 20 different goal scorers to lead D-1. Well, Pierre missed by a year on Greg's time as head coach and the 20 instead of 21 was a timing thing.

I'm sure the coaches have reminded the team that we got trounced 8-0 last Feb. by Q'Pac in Appleton. It will take our very best effort to beat the Q tonight.
      That is an incredible statistic and I don't ever remember a year when every player has scored except the late 80's when really only about 22 guys played all season....certainly not by November.
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Thinking, feeling, hoping Slocynski/Ward/Horn line will click tonight.
        Go SAINTS!

Comment

Really would've been nice to get at least a point tonight. I guess we should still be happy with two on the weekend, but SLU played a really good game tonight and deserved better. The officiating was really, really bad in this game.

Comment

Tough one to swallow tonight. I felt the boys really worked QPac over and gave it away down the stretch. Getting to the point where you don't like to see us go into OT with a record of 0-3-1. Well, hopefully we rally next week. Go Saints Go

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
              Really would've been nice to get at least a point tonight. I guess we should still be happy with two on the weekend, but SLU played a really good game tonight and deserved better. The officiating was really, really bad in this game.
              Tough one to lose. This team has done EVERYTHING we could want to date, except win in OT (now 0-3-1). Still can't believe the puck stayed out of their net during our flurry in the last minute of regulation.
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                Losing the man advantage in O/T was very bad news. Rookie mistake. And I had a real good feeling about going into OT with a man up. Hoping we'd end that streak of OT losses. They seem to skate scared in them, almost like they're expecting to lose.

Still, we played real tough against an angry Q'piac and are way far ahead of where any of us expected them to be now. Proud of the TEAM! Bring on Clarkson-they're the best team to break this losing streak with.
                Last edited by saintsdad; 11-22-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsdad View Post
                  Losing the man advantage in O/T was very bad news. Rookie mistake. And I had a real good feeling about going into OT with a man up. Hoping we'd end that streak of OT losses. They seem to skate scared in them, almost like they're expecting to lose.

Still, we played real tough against an angry Q'piac and are way far ahead of where any of us expected them to be now. Proud of the TEAM! Bring on Clarkson-they're the best team to break this losing streak with.
                  Every single gray hair on my head (which are prevalent) can be attributed to just one thing --- OT losses. And, the puck had to go in after partially hitting the crossbar just to rub it in.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

Every single gray hair on my head (which are prevalent) can be attributed to just one thing --- OT losses. And, the puck had to go in after partially hitting the crossbar just to rub it in.
                    I thought my head was already covered in them, but somehow, a few more found a home up there tonight.
                    We have 2 weeks to get well and rested, and maybe figure out a way to raise our league PP success a bit higher than 9.1%.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsdad View Post

Agree with all the posts tonight.
                      We all wanted two points out of the weekend and we got those two points. Still when you are so close to adding another 1 or 2 it is heartbreaking to have it end that way. I could see that goal coming a mile away as the PP expired and the play developed. I'll blame that one on inexperience and the awful refereeing tonight. Peca should get the 3rd star for the dive he took to give Q that PP. What a cheap call as were most of them tonight. The officiating was awful both ways and you could tell the Referee's were looking for something, anything to call to even it up in OT.
                      We should have declined the PP's as we were doing far better 5 on 5.

Like many have said before me tonight.........all of us are delighted to be where we are now with this team. They are and have far exceeded our expectations and when we get the entire roster healthy........and get some PP practice time under our belt will be a team no one wants to face down the line. (In or out of conference.)

The only other observation I had from tonight was watching the handshake line and the coaches post game. Rarely if ever have I seen three coaches go through a line with the opposing coaches and nary a word was uttered. Just goes to show the utter disdain and dislike the league's coaches have for Peckerhead. Q has a good team. Perhaps the best in the league. But I can never root for them or like them as long as that tool is running the ship.
                      SLU

Comment

At least you have hair on your head.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                          Agree with all the posts tonight.
                          We all wanted two points out of the weekend and we got those two points. Still when you are so close to adding another 1 or 2 it is heartbreaking to have it end that way. I could see that goal coming a mile away as the PP expired and the play developed. I'll blame that one on inexperience and the awful refereeing tonight. Peca should get the 3rd star for the dive he took to give Q that PP. What a cheap call as were most of them tonight. The officiating was awful both ways and you could tell the Referee's were looking for something, anything to call to even it up in OT.
                          We should have declined the PP's as we were doing far better 5 on 5.

Like many have said before me tonight.........all of us are delighted to be where we are now with this team. They are and have far exceeded our expectations and when we get the entire roster healthy........and get some PP practice time under our belt will be a team no one wants to face down the line. (In or out of conference.)

The only other observation I had from tonight was watching the handshake line and the coaches post game. Rarely if ever have I seen three coaches go through a line with the opposing coaches and nary a word was uttered. Just goes to show the utter disdain and dislike the league's coaches have for Peckerhead. Q has a good team. Perhaps the best in the league. But I can never root for them or like them as long as that tool is running the ship.
                          I've never met Pecknold - so probably shouldn't comment, but will do so anyways. Have heard far too many negative things about him over the years from a variety of individuals to have any respect for him. He does, however recruit great players and they win. The Q'Pac players and fans (sorry, MarkEagle and others) can have him. Despite his "success," he hasn't won the Penrose Award yet - hmmm!
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            At least you have hair on your head.
                            A few more OT losses like tonight's and it will be long gone. 'Woulda, 'coulda, 'shoulda - but SLU could be 12-2-0 now if it had won its 4 OT games. Am happy with 8-5-1, but this team is reminding me of the Rangers in last year's SC Finals.
                            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Refs were awful tonight! Deserved to be boo'd off the ice. Can't get a call on the road or at home! 1st goal they were sitting on Hayton and Peca was holding Martin's stick on the 2nd one!

Don't have a problem losing when it's earned but this one is hard to take!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                                I've never met Pecknold - so probably shouldn't comment, but will do so anyways. Have heard far too many negative things about him over the years from a variety of individuals to have any respect for him. He does, however recruit great players and they win. The Q'Pac players and fans (sorry, MarkEagle and others) can have him. Despite his "success," he hasn't won the Penrose Award yet - hmmm!
                                Jerry York has won the Penrose once. Go figure.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X