X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Not good. That will undoubtedly garner a suspension if the tape backs up the call and at the 20 minute mark no less. That's a big loss losing both Gunnar and Martin for the next game...at least (and Hughes for two games at least I would imagine).
    I thought the rule was 1 game for your first DQ, 2 games for your second DQ (in the same season), 3 for the 3rd, etc? Even if the two DQs happen at the same game, that still seems like a 3-game suspension to me. Rules gurus?
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Hint: Take the Tappan Zee bridge and then the Garden State or further on I-287. You avoid the mess of New York City and Fort Lee.
      Thanks Joe......been doing this drive for years and have tried all the various routes. As it is I go 95 to the Merritt, to the Hutch, to the Cross Westchester and Saw Mill to West Side Highway and come out right under the GW Bridge. That usually bypasses most of the mess....however, that is the second time in the last three or so years that I got nailed big time on the stretch of 95/NJ turnpike just before the tolls. NYC and Fort Lee were fine. It was further on. What's worse is I had CBS AM radio on which gives traffic every 10 minutes on the 8's and they didn't even talk about much of a delay. I usually listen to them on the way down once I am around New Haven and make my choices based on what they say at the time. They let me down.

Nice split by the Saints and sorry to read of the nasty stuff at the end. It pains me to say it but Q-suck may indeed be the class of the league based on the early results. They handled Colgate easily at home 5-0 and now just road swept the Capitol District. The team we love to hate.
      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        I thought the rule was 1 game for your first DQ, 2 games for your second DQ (in the same season), 3 for the 3rd, etc? Even if the two DQs happen at the same game, that still seems like a 3-game suspension to me. Rules gurus?
        It appears you're correct: 2013-2014 NCAA Ice Hockey Rules and Interpretations, Section 4, Types of Penalties, Rule 23, A.R.1

"In the same sequence, a player instigates two fights. Should the player receive two majors and two disqualifications?
        RULING:
        The player must be assessed two disqualification penalties. The progressive game-disqualification structure requires the player to
        sit out the remainder of the game plus the next three regular-season or tournament games against NCAA member institutions. This interpretation also applies to Rule 6-17-a."

I don't know what 6-17-a is. But, I'm no rule guru either. Others will have to come forward.
        Last edited by saintsdad; 11-16-2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          Thanks Joe......been doing this drive for years and have tried all the various routes. As it is I go 95 to the Merritt, to the Hutch, to the Cross Westchester and Saw Mill to West Side Highway and come out right under the GW Bridge. That usually bypasses most of the mess....however, that is the second time in the last three or so years that I got nailed big time on the stretch of 95/NJ turnpike just before the tolls. NYC and Fort Lee were fine. It was further on. What's worse is I had CBS AM radio on which gives traffic every 10 minutes on the 8's and they didn't even talk about much of a delay. I usually listen to them on the way down once I am around New Haven and make my choices based on what they say at the time. They let me down.

Nice split by the Saints and sorry to read of the nasty stuff at the end. It pains me to say it but Q-suck may indeed be the class of the league based on the early results. They handled Colgate easily at home 5-0 and now just road swept the Capitol District. The team we love to hate.
          If I can ask where you coming from? I was born and raised in that whole area.. If going to Princeton 287 works better and then off on 206 at Bridgewater.. it's only about 6 miles on the county road.. I spent more time shultting between Fairfield County and Essex/Bergen/Union county in NJ than I care to remember..

Comment

They may have the best winning percentage in the league, but they also had Colgate and Cornell at home and just beat Cornell, and may well have snuck up on Colgate, and THEY WILL NEVER BE THE CLASS OF THE LEAGUE. Good teams like Colgate sometimes take a ****. I recall a 7-0 loss to Niagara in 2000-2002 era, and countless losses to Brown and even one or two to Princeton in the late 80's. Sometimes you need to get your faced rubbed in it to wake up. I think Colgate may be the best in the league but they do have key injuries.

As for the drive through NJ, I am with Brandon on this one. Nuke it. They'll be cleaning up the mess of Chris Christie for a long time either way. They have the highest taxes in the nation and they still can't manage their finances and will be sunk when they have to pay back the obamacare medicaid subsidies. The best thing about NJ is the Giants with a losing record.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              If they gave an additional suspension to Nick Lappin, and the tape is as bad as it sounds, I am guessing it will be 3 games plus supplemental discipline from the league. I'll wager he'll get an extra game. The spear is an automatic DQ...but unless it was a bonofide fight, those should not have been called DQ's. No idea if it was or it wasn't, but one of the coaches mentioned guys rolling around on the ice. Either way, I am guessing 3-5 games total for Hughes. That's a loss. He has been playing well and is THE leader on the ice.
              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

They may have the best winning percentage in the league, but they also had Colgate and Cornell at home and just beat Cornell, and may well have snuck up on Colgate, and THEY WILL NEVER BE THE CLASS OF THE LEAGUE. Good teams like Colgate sometimes take a ****. I recall a 7-0 loss to Niagara in 2000-2002 era, and countless losses to Brown and even one or two to Princeton in the late 80's. Sometimes you need to get your faced rubbed in it to wake up. I think Colgate may be the best in the league but they do have key injuries.

As for the drive through NJ, I am with Brandon on this one. Nuke it. They'll be cleaning up the mess of Chris Christie for a long time either way. They have the highest taxes in the nation and they still can't manage their finances and will be sunk when they have to pay back the obamacare medicaid subsidies. The best thing about NJ is the Giants with a losing record.
                To be fair to NJ if they weren't getting screwed by the other states the taxes could be a lot lower. When you get 61 cents back for every one you pay to the Feds you have to make it up locally. The one thing Christie did do right was take on the state workers.. you can't retire at 55 with a pension bigger than most private sector jobs.. State workers make more , have better retirement plans and pay lower healthcare costs than the average worker now.. that formula will kill any state.

Comment

If they gave an additional suspension to Nick Lappin, and the tape is as bad as it sounds, I am guessing it will be 3 games plus supplemental discipline from the league. I'll wager he'll get an extra game. The spear is an automatic DQ...but unless it was a bonofide fight, those should not have been called DQ's. No idea if it was or it wasn't, but one of the coaches mentioned guys rolling around on the ice. Either way, I am guessing 3-5 games total for Hughes. That's a loss. He has been playing well and is THE leader on the ice.
                  So, he will probably miss the Clarkson game on 12/6 as well. Somebody must have provoked him - I am told that somebody "ran" Hayton at the buzzer - because Hughes' is a clean player.

You just had to rub it in about the NY Giants - My guess is a score of 39-20 may have triggered your anger years ago. It's now time for them to, "Lose, Lose, for the Draft."

As for Mike's trips to NJ, he might want to take I-95 to 287 (CWE), go over the TZ Bridge, take the Thruway until connecting to 287 South, and getting on the NJ Turnpike at mile-marker 0.0 after about 60 miles on 287 (This is Exit 10 off the NJ TurnPike when coming home). That 287 route has always had traffic moving for me; once on the NJ Turnpike, I can't say the same. That route would add about 20 miles for Mike (I think), but should save time.
                  Last edited by Muskieman; 11-16-2014, 03:50 PM.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

It was (unfortunately) that bad, I watched it at the end of the game. It was a full on brawl. Punches thrown all over the place and Martin tackled one Cornell player and gave him one heck of a whooping. Either way, it's not good as we have been coming together as a team and now we have to juggle the lines to replace them. Hoping we can adjust well and make do until they return. We really need to stay focused and avoid that nonsense at all costs. What good did any of that do for us?
                    Last edited by Saints#1; 11-16-2014, 04:49 PM.
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      If I can ask where you coming from? I was born and raised in that whole area.. If going to Princeton 287 works better and then off on 206 at Bridgewater.. it's only about 6 miles on the county road.. I spent more time shultting between Fairfield County and Essex/Bergen/Union county in NJ than I care to remember..
                      Wasn't headed to Princeton......was headed to Philly to visit my son. Left from Killingworth, CT which is about 30 miles east of New Haven. (By the by some of the worst traffic these days is just getting through Fairfield Country, CT. That part of the state is well neigh uninhabitable. Between cost and congestion it is horrible.

I am always loathe to add 20 miles to an already long trip Brian.... but, I do subscribe to the "keep moving" theory. But I digress......this is a hockey page!
                      SLU

Comment

Got Six is right, Put a smile on your face,point your stick at the scoreboard, and skate off.I know this is easier said than done.But these boys know what the results will be. Not good---------
                        brashersaintsfan

Comment

There is a highlight reel on the Cornell website that shows the last few seconds up to the buzzer. Hughes gets provoked by a Cornell player and reacts. It's hard to see exactly what happens and the tape doesn't show the post buzzer line fight. And, there was definitely rolling around on the ice. There is a good photo on Instagram at #CornellHockey.
                          St. Lawrence University
                          World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

I just posted the post game brawl photo to the St. Lawrence Hockey Fans Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/2031...3501908690958/
                            St. Lawrence University
                            World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

but unless it was a bonofide fight, those should not have been called DQ's.
                              It was very difficult to tell from the ILDN feed since apparently at the buzzer the cameraman yelled "Quittin' Time!," slide down the dinosaur crane and hit the bars with Barney. But it did look like a full-on brawl.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Don't hate us all Mike. Hope to see ya at the Bank when the Saints come marching in to face Q-suck. That's a new one. Nice ring to it. May the best team win Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X