X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Originally posted by saintsdad View Post
    Isn't this a hoot! A bunch of unsung kids just out playing team hockey, having fun, and winning! It doesn't get any better than that. 19 players have scored. Hayton's faced 300+ shots and has a GA of just over 2. The vaunted hockey columnists either can't explain it or are ignoring it and that's fine by me. It leaves the team to just play their own game instead of trying to mimic their own press. What a great group of kids!
    Great weekend. Congrats to the guys. I went to Friday's game at the morgue. I must say, Hayton made one or two nice stops, but honestly he wasn't tested and we won not because he was awesome but because the team in front of him won the battles. I have seen some great stops by him though and with three shutouts in his first month the career shutouts record is not safe.

This team is playing as a team and that's the difference. We got rid of some bad eggs (well one) from last season. I was impressed by Marnell, Sullivan and Lough from the freshmen class last night. Bummer that Marnell got hurt last night on a cheap shot from that RPI's kid. Marnell is quick, and can stickhandle in a phone booth. Lough is a good skilled player with good hockey sense and good anticipation, and Sullivan just works and gets in the middle of it. Great defensive numbers. The captains are working hard and providing great leadership. Hopefully, Gluchowski is back next weekend or soon thereafter. He is a great young player. He should help get the PP firing and if that happens, we may not have to wait to see this team be a winner.

Tough weekend for Nick Lappin...two major / Game Misc. in the same weekend. Too bad Pete and Terri flew out to see him get tossed twice. He deserved it though on Friday.

Winning against Brown and Yale won't ever get old. Hope we can have some success next weekend and we can continue to get better.

Congrats to all the Saints for a great weekend. I guess that leaves us tied with Q-suck for first after the first weekend....but we did it on the road.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSaint View Post
      Mediocrity rocks!
      Congrats boys. Great weekend.
      Sullivan is a complete dunce. I'd rather get stuck in traffic than read his drivel.

Comment

Congrats SLU, you are the best surprise of the ECAC. Looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend(maybe). Say hello, top row section 9, if you feel like it. Met Muskieman up there a few years back. Actually there are tix available in section 9 usually, high corner, good seats
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Excellent weekend for the Saints. It's always great to get four points on the road in the ECAC. Another tough test on the road next weekend...

Got 6, I had to chuckle too while watching the Brown video feed and them talking about the Lappins who played at RPI. The color man remarked how he remembered playing against them!
          SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
            Excellent weekend for the Saints. It's always great to get four points on the road in the ECAC. Another tough test on the road next weekend...

Got 6, I had to chuckle too while watching the Brown video feed and them talking about the Lappins who played at RPI. The color man remarked how he remembered playing against them!
            Speaking of Lappins......in the far corner at Meehan Friday night it was like an SLU Hockey reunion. Joe Marsh was there looking fit and wonderful. Happy, smiling, a grandkid on his hip. He looks to have lost a significant amount of weight. He was literally "holding court." Players from many generations were there to chat in between periods.

It was a pleasure watching the boys play this weekend. My first look. A lot to be proud of and fun to watch. They are indeed a team and play that way. We may lose some games this year that will frustrate us....but if this weekend is any indication; it won't be from lack of effort.
            SLU

Comment

Greg Carey started the season with a scoring slump and got sent down to Gwinnett (ECHL) from Portland (AHL)....well, perhaps, he broke out of that slump tonight with 4 goals on six shots in a 4-2 win? Speaking of Portland, Mike McKenna had a shut-out there last night.

As for the Saints, the one word I would use to describe them after Friday night is Tenacious. They don't quit and they skate fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                Sullivan is a complete dunce. I'd rather get stuck in traffic than read his drivel.
                Go easy on Sullivan....he managed to pick the winner of three of the 12 ECAC games this weekend.
                Go SAINTS!

Comment

After being isolated from Saints Hockey by five years of work and four years of grad school, Saturday night was a great night to catch my first game in about a decade. I hope they can keep this up.
                  St. Lawrence '02

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    . Check out my Twitter debate with @BrianSullivan. With a little help from George Hughes, we got him to back off of his "perfectly mediocre" characterization. I give him props for engaging in the discussion and pretty much admitting he had it wrong. But I do think in #PerfectlyMediocre he has handed this no name, over performing team a fantastic rallying cry ( or hashtag as it were)
                    St. Lawrence University
                    World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

If any of you in the NE are interested in going to Boston for the frozen four, there are limited tickets available for face of $160/205 remaining. All upper corners or ends, but I suspect secondary market will be above face for the most part.

I just secured a ticket in the hopes I am not working this April, too early for me to say. If it ends up I have to work, I will offer it to any of you first, if interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2S0L0U2 View Post
                        four years of grad school
                        Tough time with that MBA, huh?

I keeed, I keeed. Congrats on finishing whatever it was!
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                          . Check out my Twitter debate with @BrianSullivan. With a little help from George Hughes, we got him to back off of his "perfectly mediocre" characterization. I give him props for engaging in the discussion and pretty much admitting he had it wrong. But I do think in #PerfectlyMediocre he has handed this no name, over performing team a fantastic rallying cry ( or hashtag as it were)
                          Not real Twitter fluent. Found Brian Sullivan but couldn't find you debate.
                          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                            Great weekend. Congrats to the guys. I went to Friday's game at the morgue. I must say, Hayton made one or two nice stops, but honestly he wasn't tested and we won not because he was awesome but because the team in front of him won the battles. I have seen some great stops by him though and with three shutouts in his first month the career shutouts record is not safe.

This team is playing as a team and that's the difference. We got rid of some bad eggs (well one) from last season. I was impressed by Marnell, Sullivan and Lough from the freshmen class last night. Bummer that Marnell got hurt last night on a cheap shot from that RPI's kid. Marnell is quick, and can stickhandle in a phone booth. Lough is a good skilled player with good hockey sense and good anticipation, and Sullivan just works and gets in the middle of it. Great defensive numbers. The captains are working hard and providing great leadership. Hopefully, Gluchowski is back next weekend or soon thereafter. He is a great young player. He should help get the PP firing and if that happens, we may not have to wait to see this team be a winner.

Tough weekend for Nick Lappin...two major / Game Misc. in the same weekend. Too bad Pete and Terri flew out to see him get tossed twice. He deserved it though on Friday.

Winning against Brown and Yale won't ever get old. Hope we can have some success next weekend and we can continue to get better.

Congrats to all the Saints for a great weekend. I guess that leaves us tied with Q-suck for first after the first weekend....but we did it on the road.

A cheap shot from an RPI Guy? Is this a case of round up the usual suspects. 5 minutes for # 5 in red no doubt

Comment

He could be a doctor or an architect. Or, he could like beer more than school. Any of these possibilities are an acceptable explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                                A cheap shot from an RPI Guy? Is this a case of round up the usual suspects. 5 minutes for # 5 in red no doubt
                                I trust you know the back story? The Brown announcers saying all Friday night that the Lappin brothers played for RPI and he remembers against playing against them. Possibly one too many career concussions??? But, the way Nick Lappin was gooning it up this weekend, now even I have my doubts!

Comment

Working...
                                X