This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

Headed to overtime ... Interesting fact, the announcer just announced that if the game does stay tied after the overtime it will go to a shootout. Hmmm, that'll be fun!
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Game over, Miami wins it in overtime with 1:30 left in the overtime ... Hayton was phenomenal with 50+ saves (roughly?), would have been nice to earn the tie but my goodness what a weekend! I'm concerned about the number of shots getting through to Hayton, but overall extremely pleased with the effort they have been putting forward so far this season. This young team is already exceeding expectations early on against some tough competition and we are going to be very strong over the next couple of years. Nice work out there Saints, keep this up!
      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
        Game over, Miami wins it in overtime with 1:30 left in the overtime ... Hayton was phenomenal with 50+ saves (roughly?), would have been nice to earn the tie but my goodness what a weekend! I'm concerned about the number of shots getting through to Hayton, but overall extremely pleased with the effort they have been putting forward so far this season. This young team is already exceeding expectations early on against some tough competition and we are going to be very strong over the next couple of years. Nice work out there Saints, keep this up!
        Agreed on all counts. Not so sure we got outshot by the margin in the stats., but it sounded (when I could hear it) like we were outplayed tonight after the first period. The SLU Audio Feed kept cutting out and/or defaulting to commercial so, so I missed the GWG while refreshing (F5 key) for the umpteenth time. Nice road trip by the Saints.

Next up is Clarkson. Should be two great games this coming weekend.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Certainly an interesting weekend and some unexpected results.

Have to be a bit concerned about the SOG totals. We can't rely on Hayton every night. Certainly.....Miami is a top notch team and has been putting up a lot of shots so far this year. I only listened to parts of the game and can't really judge anything about territorial play, etc.

Clarkson should give us a more reasonable barometer of where we stand. We already know Hayton can stand on his head. I'll be curious to see how the youngsters and veterans play and respond against our biggest rival.
          SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
            Hayton has been phenomenal, home cooking on the shot totals (it's been more even than it appears on the shot totals, although Miami has controlled play the last 2 periods). That about sums this one up! ... :40 left in the 3rd at the moment and still tied 1-1.
            Shots were pretty accurate. Noticed SLU being awarded with some that were clearly going a few feet wide after being held without a shot for over 30 minutes.

Nice weekend for you guys, forced us into mistakes Friday and capitalized. Thankful to come away with the split, your goalie was standing on his head.

Comment

You should be proud of your team's effort this weekend.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Bummer to get another split, but hey, I think we would have gladly taken splits the past 2 weekends back in September.

Really excited to see the next 4 games. Live. In person. Finally, especially getting back to Appleton for the first time in a while.

Comment

Not that I put much stake in polls, but it would be nice to get a little recognition this week given the solid play the last 5 games.

Comment

Neat stat: of our 22 goals thus far, they have come from 17 different skaters. Certainly a scoring by committee team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSaint View Post
                      Not that I put much stake in polls, but it would be nice to get a little recognition this week given the solid play the last 5 games.
                      Time for the annual rant about the polls. (And the inevitable and not wrong annual Got 6 rejoinder that they don't matter and we're better off flying stealth) Nobody ever votes for us early on. Ever. If you look at the current Pairwise and RPI, which are currently even more meaningless than the polls, we don't actually deserve a ton of votes, as we check in at 20th. But then you'd think with two high quality wins and 2 OT losses, we'd get some love. I think I'm less bothered by SLU not getting votes than all of the perennial teams in the top 20 who gets votes just for existing. But if you want to get way ahead of the game, now. If we can do better than .500 in the ECAC, and beat Vermont and Clarkson in non-league games, we could be in the hunt.

Good weekend though-- One thing about the SOG that the Miami announcers kept saying was that we were getting high quality shots all weekend and Miami wasn't FWIW.
                      St. Lawrence University
                      World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                        Time for the annual rant about the polls. (And the inevitable and not wrong annual Got 6 rejoinder that they don't matter and we're better off flying stealth) Nobody ever votes for us early on. Ever. If you look at the current Pairwise and RPI, which are currently even more meaningless than the polls, we don't actually deserve a ton of votes, as we check in at 20th. But then you'd think with two high quality wins and 2 OT losses, we'd get some love. I think I'm less bothered by SLU not getting votes than all of the perennial teams in the top 20 who gets votes just for existing. But if you want to get way ahead of the game, now. If we can do better than .500 in the ECAC, and beat Vermont and Clarkson in non-league games, we could be in the hunt.

Good weekend though-- One thing about the SOG that the Miami announcers kept saying was that we were getting high quality shots all weekend and Miami wasn't FWIW.
                        Well, it would be nice to get some recognition of our early season successes, but Ferris State hasn't exactly lit it up this weekend scoring one goal and losing twice to Michigan Tech. They should plummet.

We need some more wins, some more goals and some more shut downs on D. I'd rather they make the SLU coaches happy than the pollsters. None of the pollsters are worried about their next mensa meetings and it's always been that way.
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

You only have until Friday at 7:00PM to revise or get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Standings Contest.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...14-2015-Season
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

CHN had nice write-up on Hayton this week:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...tons_place.php

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                              None of the pollsters are worried about their next mensa meetings and it's always been that way.
                              Quote of the year -- to date.
                              St. Lawrence University
                              World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Less than 35 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM Friday Night.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...14-2015-Season
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X