UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    If UConn starts winning consistently they will top Hockey East in average attendance.
    No they won't because projected on campus facility will be smaller than BC, Lowell, etc.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      No they won't because projected on campus facility will be smaller than BC, Lowell, etc.
      I think they'll find a way to put marquee games in Hartford. They do that for bouncyball already.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Let me know when the move-in date is.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          I think they'll find a way to put marquee games in Hartford. They do that for bouncyball already.
          Exactly. BC, BU, Notre Dame, nationally ranked teams will all play in Hartford. No way they are going to decline a 10-12K gate to play on campus in front of 5K.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Exactly. BC, BU, Notre Dame, nationally ranked teams will all play in Hartford. No way they are going to decline a 10-12K gate to play on campus in front of 5K.
            I think Connecticut could become an eastern version of Minnesota under the right dynamics. UConn is the only New England school that behaves like a traditional land grant school from both operation and appeal. Now, I'm not saying all the way to "pride on ice"... but certainly the potential is there to rise above Boston College just because of the interest within Connecticut for the UConn brand. It'd put UNH or Maine to shame should UConn become winners. Now, current dynamics won't change... BC will be getting the best players for years to come... but let's not ignore the dynamics. Connecticut people like hockey but they need something unifying to cheer for.

edit: as a lowell alum, I don't want to see the above happen... but I think you can't disregard it.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Tage Thompson did commit to UConn so that is a step in the right direction for the Huskies.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I think Connecticut could become an eastern version of Minnesota under the right dynamics. UConn is the only New England school that behaves like a traditional land grant school from both operation and appeal. Now, I'm not saying all the way to "pride on ice"... but certainly the potential is there to rise above Boston College just because of the interest within Connecticut for the UConn brand. It'd put UNH or Maine to shame should UConn become winners. Now, current dynamics won't change... BC will be getting the best players for years to come... but let's not ignore the dynamics. Connecticut people like hockey but they need something unifying to cheer for.

edit: as a lowell alum, I don't want to see the above happen... but I think you can't disregard it.
                I think that Maine, UNH, Vermont, UMass-Lowell will always have their "good years"........but as you stated, UConn has the ability to be a perennial power in the East. Their location, infrastructure, state government support and fan base will give them an overall package advantage that no other Hockey East program has. That being said.......they aren't going to magically rise to the top. It will take some good recruits and a lot of winning to get them there. Tonight will be a good start though.

Comment

No question!

Comment

BC put in a pretty nice try at the upset tonight. They have a good team with a impressive trophy case and lots of college hockey history. Looking forward to playing them more. Tonight is a great example why small private schools in college sports who have history before America is what it is today, try to keep big publics and state schools down. Because they can't compete. Not in money, base size, on the playing field or in ball sack girth. BC has tried its hardest for 2 decades to keep UConn away, for some reason they couldn't keep us out of HE like they have in other spots, they will never live so comfortably in the hockey world again.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyfanDan View Post
                      BC put in a pretty nice try at the upset tonight. They have a good team with a impressive trophy case and lots of college hockey history. Looking forward to playing them more. Tonight is a great example why small private schools in college sports who have history before America is what it is today, try to keep big publics and state schools down. Because they can't compete. Not in money, base size, on the playing field or in ball sack girth. BC has tried its hardest for 2 decades to keep UConn away, for some reason they couldn't keep us out of HE like they have in other spots, they will never live so comfortably in the hockey world again.
                      Jeez you're making it pretty hard to be happy for you guys...
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                        Jeez you're making it pretty hard to be happy for you guys...
                        Welcome to the new hockey east. Where small private schools no longer get to roam around being bullies to everyone. UConn is here to compete and win. We're not expecting championships up the was su, but we are not going to take one word of bs from BC fans mouths about how great nineteen thirty freaking four was in sports for them. No more elitist bull. No more we don't belong, can't compete and won't recruit. Every sport uconn has upgraded we heard the same story and one after another we have taken those eagles to the shed and beat the daylights out of them. That's why they don't want us around. They are afraid. They would rather have ISIS invade New England they UConn playing them in football. To call them a bad word for cats when it comes to playing games would be a understatement.

Bring it.

Comment

good lord what a moron

Comment

Another epic, solid, drunken rant from HFD. Bravo sir. Bravo.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              good lord what a moron
                              Let me know when BC beats UConn when both are HE members. Maybe next year? Like 2015?

Until Claver and a few others get their laughs from this I will wait before more fun is had.

Comment

I'll be sure to let you know right after the game at Conte this season.

UConn Hockey: National champions of November 5, 2014

Enjoy the win, but spare me the BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X