UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

It wasn't very long ago that I lost two cases of beer betting a friend that Union would NOT finish last in the ECAC. What, 15 years or so was it? All the necessary factors will be in place shortly for the UConn program to make a similar rise. The Union experience gives us all hope. For that matter, the Quinnipiac and Yale programs too. This CAN happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
      It wasn't very long ago that I lost two cases of beer betting a friend that Union would NOT finish last in the ECAC. What, 15 years or so was it? All the necessary factors will be in place shortly for the UConn program to make a similar rise. The Union experience gives us all hope. For that matter, the Quinnipiac and Yale programs too. This CAN happen.
      Great post. Shows that it is all about getting the right players, who play the game hard at all times, in leadership roles. It's not necessarily about having the most talented kids, but the right ones. Congrats to former Husky asst coach Joe Dumais too.

On another note, at least the Huskies won't have to deal with Johnny Hockey next season. Although I would of liked to have seen that show in person at least once.

Comment

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...041414aaa.html
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

No, it wasn't a hockey team, but it WAS a UConn Huskies team that threw out the first pitch at Fenway tonight. I looked, but I didn't see any other Hockey East colors out there but UConn's.

Comment

... I didn't see any other Hockey East colors out there but UConn's.
            A common mistake. What you mistook for UConn colors were actually UNH's. It's a matter of hue.

p.s. Welcome to the league.
            Last edited by Aerman; 04-23-2014, 08:04 AM.
            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
              A common mistake. What you mistook for UConn colors were actually UNH's. It's a matter of hue.

p.s. Welcome to the league.
              Thanks. Gonna have to sharpen my trash talk skills. That was a pitiful attempt on my part. Next time I will try to do better.

Comment

but it WAS a UConn Huskies team that threw out the first pitch at Fenway tonight.
                New York's team?
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  New York's team?
                  Funny you say that as both the Yankees and Mets have invited both men's and women's teams. Nothing succeeds like success. Just hope we get competitive in less than a decade in hockey.

Comment

Another big recruiting get for Mike Cavanaugh and his staff.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...mike-cavanaugh
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      Another big recruiting get for Mike Cavanaugh and his staff.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...mike-cavanaugh
                      Thumbs up!!

Got a call today thanking me for supporting the program. Very much appreciated. Guess it is time to make a contribution (which I seem to have overlooked this year.) The importance of reaching out to supporters who are just waiting to be asked cannot be overestimated.

Comment

sounds like a very nice get! Now to find some scorers. The top 3 graduated, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          sounds like a very nice get! Now to find some scorers. The top 3 graduated, I think.
                          Yes. Harris, Latta, and Sims are all graduating in the next week or so. With Cav's track record I'd be willing to bet there are a couple young men on the way who might be small in stature, but know how to fill up the net. I'm dying to see a schedule. Has to be coming soon right?

Comment

Originally posted by pucks711 View Post
                            Yes. Harris, Latta, and Sims are all graduating in the next week or so. With Cav's track record I'd be willing to bet there are a couple young men on the way who might be small in stature, but know how to fill up the net. I'm dying to see a schedule. Has to be coming soon right?
                            Historically UConn has been very slow to publish its schedule. Don't know if the trend will continue in Hockey East. I read somewhere that the BC game is November 14, but don't know if that is accurate. I'm looking forward to this season in a huge way.

Comment

Welcome to Hockey East, Look forward to seeing you at the Alfond soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Hockey Fan View Post
                                Welcome to Hockey East, Look forward to seeing you at the Alfond soon..
                                Looking forward to seeing you guys in Hartford, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X