Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    I guess if you just started watching UConn hockey you might ask those questions. But believe it or not there were different levels in in the AHA, the MAAC, and the ECAC East, just like in HE. What I thought MIGHT happen is that the Huskies might solidify a place as a solid mid echelon HE team. Did I think it WOULD happen? No, I just did not know. Anyway, it didn't. Move on.
    I'll move on...move on to Merrimack. I'll also move on to the rest of the season, which is not over yet, as you subtly imply with the "it didn't" line. The band wagon of supporting fans will move on as well, so if/when UConn hosts a playoff game (solidifying their mid-level HE status), just make sure you catch up with us and get on.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...hawn-mceachern

Big recruiting coup for Cavanaugh and staff.
      Love it

Comment

Mental toughness. The tale of two games. Great win for the Huskies!!!

Comment

Great response. Huge two points against a team fighting for home ice.

Comment

Mental toughness. The tale of two games. Great win for the Huskies!!!
            Wait what? You mailed the season in last post. Great to hear you are back with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
              Wait what? You mailed the season in last post. Great to hear you are back with us.
              Why are you trying to pick a fight with the most loyal UConn fan on the board?
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                Why are you trying to pick a fight with the most loyal UConn fan on the board?
                Aerman, thanks. It's actually a good development to have some of the newbies are acting up a bit. I tolerate HawkStar12 until he/she gets too irritating and then I'll go into the corner for the puck.

I saw my first UConn hockey game in 1989 against Anchorage under the Eero Saarinen roof. Todd Krygier scored a couple as I recall but they lost. First post on Hockey-L in the spring of 1993. Unless you have taken refuge at one end of the rink or other to avoid that 30 mph wind at -10 F in the old rink, new folks may not understand where I am coming from.

I will say one thing. There is a philosophy in certain circles that unless you have something positive to say (rah rah rah), don't say it. These are the bandwagon herd mentality people. That's not me. I don't do bandwagons. I love the Huskies, but I like to think critically and I do not hesitate to be critical when it is warranted. After this long, I figure I am entitled.

And no, I did not mail in the season last week if there is anyone out there who believes that. Read my post. I said that a critical juncture had arrived.
                Last edited by RSTuthill; 02-12-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I got dressed in that shed, walked outside through a snow storm and played in that rink against UConn, so safe to say I'm not a newbie to college hockey. Or a bandwagon fan.

It's just irritating when:
                  A) you compare this season to any other, especially the DIII ECAC East days; and
                  B) when people can't find enjoyment out of a year when a team is clearly exceeding expectations by a wide margin.

Just to remind you, every HE coach picked them to finish dead last. Every one of them.

There are times to be critical and other times to bask in the enjoyment of watching the team you apparently love overachieve. This is a time to enjoy the season. They are playing with house money.

I'm not on the bandwagon, I'm driving it!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
                    I'm not on the bandwagon, I'm driving it!
                    Thanks, we had all picked up on that. You come across as a player Dad who didn't get the memo about message boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                      Thanks, we had all picked up on that. You come across as a player Dad who didn't get the memo about message boards.
                      Yeah, no. Not even close.

Comment

Northeastern has been playing very well lately and that place will be rocking tonight. The one thing UConn has going for them is NU has been dormant for over a week. They need a good 1st period on the road to temper the crowd and find their game.

The magnitude if this game is a direct result of their hard work all season. Hope the boys enjoy it and play their game.

Comment

Careful where you steer that bandwagon my St. Anselm friend.

Time for the backup goaltender and the third and fourth lines to get a bit more work for the rest of the game I would say.

Comment

Have to turn the page like last week. Northeastern is a talented team that has underachieved to this point, going to be a battle to grab a point. Need at least one point today.

Comment

Careful where you steer that bandwagon my St. Anselm friend.
                              St. A's? Yeah, no, handle is not a college reference.

We're on to the XL.

Comment

Somehow I doubt that the recent problems have much to do about being ready to play. I think that opponents now have probably seen enoughr tape to figure out where UConn's vulnerabilities lie and how to exploit them. I haven't seen enough games to have an opinion, but it may be a time to modify strategy and tactics.

Comment

Working...
                                X