Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Yes, the announcers were not so good. But the camera work was great and I do not so much listen to the announcers anyway. Btw, they said UConn had never beaten Union before. Is that true? Thought they beat them and tied them once fairly recently. Like in the last decade.

Btw, two of the best games on the schedule will be in Bridgeport this month. Notre Dame and Colorado College. What on earth is this preoccupation with playing home games away from Hartford???? It absolutely sux!! It seems like they are going out of their way to NOT build a fan base locally.
    It was their first win against Union. They had like 4 ties, I want to say the record was 0-7-4 until Saturday night.

While I agree they should be playing more games in Hartford, they were not the host of this tournament, so it makes little sense to complain about this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Is there still an all CT tournament (UConn, Yale, QU and Sacred Heart) in the works?
      Rumor has it that Yale was against it, but again, that is rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
        ... they were not the host of this tournament, so it makes little sense to complain about this weekend.
        That brings up a good question. Who was the host? Webster Bank?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Is there still an all CT tournament (UConn, Yale, QU and Sacred Heart) in the works?
          I was on the understanding was it was official... no?
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Yes, the announcers were not so good. But the camera work was great and I do not so much listen to the announcers anyway. Btw, they said UConn had never beaten Union before. Is that true? Thought they beat them and tied them once fairly recently. Like in the last decade.

Btw, two of the best games on the schedule will be in Bridgeport this month. Notre Dame and Colorado College. What on earth is this preoccupation with playing home games away from Hartford???? It absolutely sux!! It seems like they are going out of their way to NOT build a fan base locally.
            UConn has had issues with downstate and this might be their attempt to bring some of them in. It's probably the only way to do it without invoking basketball which would surely rile just about everybody.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Word around is that Yale needed some talking to and political pressure to finally cave into the all CT Tney that will be coming in the future. It's a very hot debate about doing a rotation of places or deciding on the capital as a perm home. One proposed idea I knid of liked was XL, Whale, BPT, Quinn, Bowl, Rent. Play all 6 with the 2 football stadiums being mixed in as our door years. I don't know what's going to happen but I think a spread is better then one perm place.

The bridgeport games are important this year. I know it looks ugly that we don't get a good attendance number but that's not a issue right now. People from new haven down to the border are all aware of UConn playing in bridgeport. Especially right after the basketball game. They aren't going to just show up and support, it's going to take time to build interest down here. Especially when you consider its not as dense of a UConn alum/fan population as it is upstate. The important factor is just putting the product in the area and saying you have to notice it. Now take a look maybe, maybe go see a game but hey you know we exist now and are going for it. High school hockey in CT is simple. The post/prep schools who are not in state leagues have great hockey programs that we and all the others recruit at. They are not who this was for. At the public level, fairfield prep and Hamden needed to simply be aware that we are here now. Those schools are easily the best and a small handful of others are relevant 5 of 10 years a decade but not in the same horse race. Prep and Haamden lose kids in there jr and sr years as they become to good for the level of play the CT high schools are at to the prep/post schools all the time. But these kids grow up in CT and the parents are locals and so on. It's was a territory grab. A couple years from now your going to consistently see 5+ CT kids on this team and its going to be a big deal like when the football team has Ct kids doing well. The other part of it is building interest from prospective students. Tell a kid at nd west haven or nd fairfield or FP or Hamden etc that you can enjoy the same type of hockey student section in college rooting for your state school on top of what UConn already offers.

Not a lot of people went, it was expected considering the time of year and location. But everyone knew about it and that's getting on radar. That's what mattered. Now a trip to hartford from down here to see a game is in play as the team becomes more known. I had a guy in my basketball group who is a Rangers tix holder ask me the Tuesday before Christmas about the games. He said he heard they were playing blah blah are they good and the convo took off. he ended up watching on TV and following online for a score Saturday. He sent me a text Sunday late saying he just bought tix for the nd game. He's been to hartford for bball games a few times. He's interested in competitive hockey. Kid plays at a local public school. It's happening. Give it time.

Comment

Bowl and Rent would be mistakes. Like the rotation idea otherwise though.

Can we answer the hosting question on this year's though?

Comment

Bowl and Rent would be mistakes. Like the rotation idea otherwise though.

Can we answer the hosting question on this year's though?
                  outdoor games are a mistake at this point... only takes one time to go sour to make everybody unhappy

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Every game is a *** nail biter....these are big league points. 3-2 UConn with about 10 mins left. Huson going to box for boarding.

Comment

3-3 buckle up

Comment

Huge win. On the road stealing points from a team they will be competing with standings-wise all season long. 3-4-1 in Hockeyeast.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
                          Huge win. On the road stealing points from a team they will be competing with standings-wise all season long. 3-4-1 in Hockeyeast.
                          +1 Yes indeed.

Comment

Got the W last night at Army resting Nichols and right now we are up 1-0 on UMlol after 2.

Comment

UConn up 2-0 on UML with under 2 minutes to play in the game

Comment

Huskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X