The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

I'm going to hold my final judgement until I see the feed out of the JMSIA. If other rinks are bad, I only have to watch them once, but if I have to watch all the home games with a poor feed, I will be asking for a refund.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      The BGSU feed has not been much better. They are putting out low-def video with NO audio at all (other than static).
      Strike two for WCHA.TV
      Ryan J
      It was just an exhibition game. But if it's not better by Friday for Miami, it's not getting better at all.
      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

This is why I never even bother to try to watch these games on a computer. Completely useless. I have just come to terms with not being able to watch my team play.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I'm going to hold my final judgement until I see the feed out of the JMSIA. If other rinks are bad, I only have to watch them once, but if I have to watch all the home games with a poor feed, I will be asking for a refund.
          Ryan J
          I ran it off of my computer like last year. It was okay. If I recall, the LSSU feed was dark and hard to watch last year too.

Comment

I had really good success with the streams last year. It's embarrassing that UAF doesn't have their HD equipment in, because they had it most of last season and had a full offseason to install it. It will be interesting to see if LSSU does anything other than maybe point the camera up at the scoreboard during stoppages. Sometimes they hooked their radio feed in; others, it was just an open mic to catch PA.

I won't know what UAH does unless I'm sick or out of town (doesn't look like I'll miss any, though).

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              It's embarrassing that UAF doesn't have their HD equipment in, because they had it most of last season and had a full offseason to install it.GFM
              Once/If you go to Fairbanks, you will see why they haven't "gotten around to it yet."
              _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
              No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

New thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...seem-important
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Has anyone successfully logged onto the WCHA.TV site using a smart TV?
                  My account works fine on my laptop and phone, but on my TV I can't click on the link to login. Is it just me?
                  Ryan J
                  Got the feed to work on Saturday from LSSU using my Samsung Blu-Ray browser...if you call watching the game slide for half the action "working". Apparently the feed even inside the building was just as unreliable, so I'm not sure how much we can put on the webstream for that.

Comment

I know in the past that they have done single-game refunds when there are technical difficulties, but there's really not a mechanism for that on the season passes. I guess we're left to complain at the athletic departments, too.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                      If I recall, the LSSU feed was dark and hard to watch last year too.
                      Having been to LSSU in person a few years ago, part of it is the building lighting.
                      It is not as well lit as some other buildings in the league.
                      Since I like to do photography when I attend games, good lighting, or lack there of, is something I notice.
                      Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                      X